Author Topic: Jack's Ramblings  (Read 829517 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Jack's Ramblings
« Reply #290 on: December 22, 2007, 05:55:20 pm »

I miss andrew too..he is such a dear person. 
     I do think that as in real life, we have to make people, as our own family does..Take stock.  We need to say ...."hey you are being a shit..cut it out.  You are disturbing the
harmony."  We couldnt let that happen in our home.  We cant afford to let it happen here either...  If my husband came in every night having a fit, or pushing the family around...
It would be up to me to point out to him....To cease and desist...its just how relationships and families work...if they work..  If you allow the two year old child to continually throw fits, and cause disruption, you have to put a stop to that as well.  It has to be handled.  Same here...people have to mellow out.  For the good of all.

Beautiful mind

injest

« Reply #291 on: December 22, 2007, 05:56:11 pm »
Yeah I wondered too if he didn;t get freaked out by page after page of welcome. But we are a bunch willing to learn and adapt.  That is what this place has going for it.

I know, some of those people who mosed on, Celeste, Andrew, yeah I miss their presence, but they seem like they were doing well, they moved on because they had something else to demand their attention and that is preferable to leaving because your possed about something.

I talked to Andrew just a couple of weeks ago.

I miss his presence.

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #292 on: December 22, 2007, 06:02:51 pm »
I'm not sure I ever knew Andrew although I have seen his name. He may have left before I arrived. As far as staying in the middle I actually try to do that too in the sense that I want to try and understand others thoughts and actions. I do agree that too much friction can cause an unhappy household. But I do want BetterMost to be a place where people are not afraid to express themselves. I do think it is that type of place now and I think the moderators here are trying to keep it that way.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #293 on: December 23, 2007, 01:19:46 pm »
A statement by Artiste made me think of something. That statement was, "Everyone touches us, even for a moment." This statement is so true, but yet so many of us never think about it or even realize it. Everyone you come into contact with has some type of impact on you and in some ways builds the person you are or the person you will become. Some of course have stronger impacts, but it doesn't really matter how long the contact was for. Someone can make a huge impact on you even if you only knew them for a very short time. In some ways I think of a mind as something like a CD, tracks are written to it each and every moment and the impacts of some things create longer tracks. I can see images in my mind of people who I only knew for short periods of time and that time may be long ago, but it will never go away. Suddenly something can bring that thought back to you such as a song or something similar. So I end this thought with some lyrics from a song called "Closing Time" by Semisonic.

"Closing time
Time for you to go out to the places you will be from
Closing time
This room won't be open till your brothers or your
sisters come
So gather up your jackets, move it to the exits
I hope you have found a friend
Closing time
Every new beginning comes from some other
beginning's end"

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #294 on: December 23, 2007, 09:09:00 pm »
Thank you Gary!!!

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
« Reply #295 on: December 23, 2007, 09:26:58 pm »
Sometimes I think its a little harder online to mingle cause typing just aint the same as in person where ya can see facial expressions and all. Believe it or not in person I am loud and boistrous and have an irreverant sense of humor that prolly don't come across here. I am very gregarious and I never even met him <wink>. Also I am not as articulate typing as a lot of folks. The chats are the best place ta mingle I think cause I get a better feel of personalities.

Ghost town......never! (Unless Phillip trips over the electrical plug to the server) I feel a lot of us where brought here like people went to Devil's Tower in Close Encounters. There is a greater purpose  :)

TampaTalon^">
"Lean on me, Let our hearts beat in time, Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long. Who cares where we go on this rutted old road, In a world that may say that we're wrong."--EmmyLou Harris

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #296 on: December 23, 2007, 09:46:02 pm »
I can tell you are a trickster, Tampatalon, because of you signing things as "Ennis and Alma" and other things like that I've heard about you!! You'd be the life of the party, I think!! You and Chuck, the tickler.  ;D :laugh:
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
« Reply #297 on: December 23, 2007, 10:03:49 pm »
I can tell you are a trickster, Tampatalon, because of you signing things as "Ennis and Alma" and other things like that I've heard about you!! You'd be the life of the party, I think!! You and Chuck, the tickler.  ;D :laugh:

Thanks Shasta and I agree with ya about Chuck. Did ya know he & I may be distant cousins, we share closely the same surname so it may be genetic  ;D

TampaTalon^">
"Lean on me, Let our hearts beat in time, Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long. Who cares where we go on this rutted old road, In a world that may say that we're wrong."--EmmyLou Harris

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #298 on: December 23, 2007, 10:06:08 pm »
it may be genetic

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Ya'll got the wild boy gene!! It will be interesting if you two wind up at the same gathering!  :D
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #299 on: December 23, 2007, 11:21:15 pm »
Adkins or Atkins? And are you related to Trace or Rodney?

Also did you know that Devil's Tower is in Wyoming, not all that far from Lightning Flat?