Author Topic: Jack's Ramblings  (Read 831313 times)

injest

Re: Jack's Ramblings
« Reply #760 on: February 17, 2008, 01:13:15 pm »
Well now Jess that sounds like my kind of work......and you get paid for it too. What are the requirements for this kind of work? I think I will apply  ;D

hey! no muscling in on my territory! I got it covered here!!

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #761 on: February 17, 2008, 01:15:11 pm »
That reminds me of the line from American Beauty.  "Every day is the first day of the rest of your life.  That's true of every day, except one, the day you die."

That's a bit of a downer, but it's true.  You never know when the last day will come, for you, or for a friend, or a family member.  And sometimes it's not death that separates you from loved ones, but circumstance.  So maybe we should live every day as if it were out last, beause one way or another it might be.

Hope you sleep well, Jack, my friend.

Gary   

Gary, I truly do think you have the answer there!!! It has been said many times that you should live each day like it is your last, but the truth of the matter is that so many people say it without actually taking the advice. It truly is a thought that we should all keep in our minds always.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #762 on: February 17, 2008, 01:16:37 pm »
hey! no muscling in on my territory! I got it covered here!!

Ok, I won't invade your territory, but you could share  ;)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #763 on: February 17, 2008, 01:18:59 pm »
Good morning, Jack. What are you up to today? Going anywhere or staying in hoping for snow? It's 55*F here, so I most likely do not have a chance of getting off work Monday! What are your chances?
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #764 on: February 17, 2008, 01:19:33 pm »

Maybe it would be good to contact that group.  You never know.  Some of the guys that were
in the group when you were in it may still be in.  Maybe they missed it too and started it up again.
Its worth a shot. Its close to you and Richard and Truman.  Maybe you  could all go on one of the outings.
Who knows...worth a try.         

Hey Janice, you know what, that is a good idea. I think Richard, Truman and I would have a blast on one of those camping trips. Now I'm not sure what Richard and Truman would think, but you are right it is close to all of us. We could even get Chuck to come on down  :)

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #765 on: February 17, 2008, 01:21:25 pm »
Good morning, Jack. What are you up to today? Going anywhere or staying in hoping for snow? It's 55*F here, so I most likely do not have a chance of getting off work Monday! What are your chances?

Good morning Shasta!!! Were things lively in the sleepover club last night? I doubt I will do much today. It is nasty outside, but is just cool and rainy. I doubt we will get much snow cause it is too warm, but you never know.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #766 on: February 17, 2008, 01:30:07 pm »
Donovan -- Atlantis

What a great song Gary!!! It has been ages since I have heard that. Wonder what ever happened to Donovan? He did some great songs. Somewhere I have a CD by him and somewhere I even have an album by him.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #767 on: February 17, 2008, 01:31:36 pm »
Good morning Shasta!!! Were things lively in the sleepover club last night? I doubt I will do much today. It is nasty outside, but is just cool and rainy. I doubt we will get much snow cause it is too warm, but you never know.

Yeah -- Gary and David were over there telling "shocking" tales! Gerard, as always, was there. He's back from vacation. I don't know where the heck Susie is -- I'm gonna have to get her phone number so I can check on her when she's AWOL!!  ;D

About the phones -- you could get one with speaker phone so you wouldn't have to hold it up to your ear. When I'm talking for very long on my cell, my arm gets tired and starts to ache!! (Due to age, no doubt.)  :(

I have some typing to do today -- some I've put off for quite some time. And some ever present grading.

Yesterday I cut nails -- the dogs. They were fairly cooperative.  ;) They all need baths.

"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #768 on: February 17, 2008, 04:07:10 pm »
I used to love camping!  I went all the time as a kid and young adult.

and I mean tent camping, not in cabins or trailers.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #769 on: February 17, 2008, 04:08:25 pm »
Yeah -- Gary and David were over there telling "shocking" tales! Gerard, as always, was there. He's back from vacation. I don't know where the heck Susie is -- I'm gonna have to get her phone number so I can check on her when she's AWOL!!  ;D

That sounds like Gary and David  ;D I'm sorry I missed that. I will have to read the thread to see what kind of tales they were telling. I was wondering where Gerard was. So now I know I got stood up by him last night  :'( Now I'm not sure where Susie is either. Maybe she was in one of those hidden rooms you have.