Author Topic: Jack's Ramblings  (Read 831234 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Jack's Ramblings
« Reply #790 on: February 19, 2008, 04:28:59 pm »

Have i told you lately how much i love you.  That was adorable Jack.  I saw us all.  Even you!!!
Don't ever put yourself down.  You are brite witty and sweet.  Funny and adorable.  I loved that
video.  See you at the next bus ride.   :-* :-*

Beautiful mind

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #791 on: February 20, 2008, 01:09:15 pm »
Happy Hump Day to you too Gary!!!! I love the video.........hmmmmmm which would make the better president  ;D

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #792 on: February 20, 2008, 01:16:46 pm »

Well at least she is beautiful and stupid.. such as such as  but he is ugly and stupid.

Beautiful mind

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #793 on: February 20, 2008, 04:23:35 pm »
That's three votes for Miss Teen South Carolina!!!! ! Cause I sure do agree.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #794 on: February 23, 2008, 11:09:18 am »
I haven't seen The Partridge Family in years. It seems there are a LOT of shows that are never shown in reruns for some reason. And we can't forget their songs like "I Think I Love You" and "Doesn't Somebody Want To Be Wanted." It seems that it should be about time for David Cassidy to make a comeback. If Donny can do it, he sure can  :)

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #795 on: February 23, 2008, 11:35:07 am »
We get re-runs of the Partridge Family on one of our cable channels here in Australia, and yes, David Cassidy was cute.

I have seen him on TV in the last couple of years, maybe he was visiting here, I cant remember, he is still very good looking and seems like a nice guy, very matter of fact about his days as a teen heart throb.

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #796 on: February 23, 2008, 12:41:32 pm »
Here is something that happened to me that definitely goes right along with the gay stereotype and borders on homophobia. I found it to be irritating. I went to my old doctor this past week cause I wasn't sure if I like my new doctor. My old doctor had asked me about my lifestyle preferences when I was seeing him. The new doctor apparently has never found that important to find out, but I think he would be ok with it. Anyway, I guess the old doctor had forgotten about it and asked me again. I told him the truth and it was almost like "You're gay  :o"  He then proceeded to act like that was ok, but then immediately began asking me about if I was regularly tested for aids. I said I had been, but I wasn't really active sexually anyway which is true. Fine, I was fine with that. It is important to be tested if you are sexually active, but if you're tested and don't do anything you're not going to pick it up from a toilet seat. Then I got a tetanus shot and things like that. He brought up hepatitis and the shots you can get to avoid getting hepatitis A and B. These are not bad things to have. It seems that here in Asheville we are constantly having hepatitis A breakouts from different restaurants. He referred to this and said "Well living in Asheville it is a good idea." I think hepatitis A is not limited to Asheville. Anyway, and this is where I really got irritated, I asked him how you got hepatitis B and he told me from sexual encounters. He then told me it was a good idea especially since I lived an alternative lifestyle. He went on further to tell me that owing to me being gay that I had probably already been exposed to it anyway and if so I was immune to it. I once again told him that I was not really sexually active and he let me know that I probably had been exposed to it in at some point being gay and all. In other words he thought that because I am gay that it automatically meant that at some point I was having sex with anything male that moved. I didn't want to argue with him since I hate arguing so I was just irritated. Now if I had of said I was straight these assumptions would have never come up. I know they wouldn't have. I could have been out since I was 15 having sex with every female around and none of these questions would have been asked. But since I was gay everything followed a different path. It was obvious that since I am gay it wouldn't matter even if I had only ever had sexual relations with one person I would still have all these diseases.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #797 on: February 23, 2008, 03:37:02 pm »
And guess what, he was wrong in his assumptions since I just got a call concerning whether or not I would need the shots to be immune and I do have to take them. In other words, I have never been exposed to that as he so much took it for granted that my "lifestyle" would automatically mean that I had. So much for stereotypes  :laugh: Of course, now if I want to be immune it means I would have to take shots  :(

You would think that a highly educated person especially would have some kind of realization of what stereotypes mean. Of course some with no education have more realization. It does show how deeply ingrained these stereotypes are. What if I would have been half African American and half Hispanic and Gay? Stereotypes are just so STUPID!!!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #798 on: February 23, 2008, 03:43:32 pm »
Jack you of course know the doctor and I don't, but what do you think about maybe writing a letter to the doctor and tell him how you feel. If he is shocked by your being gay ( which I get from the shocked icon "  :o ") maybe he has not had much exposure to gay people and could benefit from knowing a different perspective.

Did he mention Hepititis C at all?  That is the one you really have to worry about.

Remind me not to eat in Asheville, okay?  :laugh:
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #799 on: February 23, 2008, 05:36:11 pm »
They are stupid, and people should know better.  We're all individuals no matter what group or groups we happen to belong to.  If you tell someone you're gay then they shouldn't take anything from that except that you like guys, because that's really all that you're telling them.  Just because you like guys doesn't mean you've slept with hundreds of them.  Some of us just don't have that much energy.   :laugh:

Sorry to hear you need shots.  But shots aren't so bad, right?  Are you afraid of needles?  I know some people become hysterical at the thought of getting a shot or having blood taken.

That is exactly right. And I don't have to have shots  :) You can get shots to protect you from ever getting that, but it is a vaccine like what you get for the flu or tetanus or something like that. I just think it is funny that if you haven't been exposed to something then you get shots to keep you from being exposed. I guess that makes sense. Does that mean that I could then run around having sex with everyone with care or worry about catching something  ;) But no I'm not afraid of shots. What I really hate is having blood taken. I was fine with that until a few years ago when I ran into "Psycho Nurse."