Author Topic: Jack's Ramblings  (Read 831325 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jack's Ramblings
« Reply #800 on: February 23, 2008, 05:42:09 pm »
Jack you of course know the doctor and I don't, but what do you think about maybe writing a letter to the doctor and tell him how you feel. If he is shocked by your being gay ( which I get from the shocked icon "  :o ") maybe he has not had much exposure to gay people and could benefit from knowing a different perspective.

Did he mention Hepititis C at all?  That is the one you really have to worry about.

Remind me not to eat in Asheville, okay?  :laugh:

Good idea Truman!!! Obviously he needs a new perspective. No he did not mention Hepititis C which I did think was strange. Now that one will kill you and I don't even think there is a cure or vaccine. And isn't that the one that comes from sex or intravenous drug use?

Yes, I will remind you not to eat in Asheville  ;D I guess people here don't know how to wash their hands. A lot of the outbreaks have been at the many "earthy" restaurants we have around here. And it seems that some of our earthy people equate that with not being very clean as many also do not believe in showers cause it uses too much water. That's all part of alternative Asheville I suppose.

Dagi

« Reply #801 on: February 23, 2008, 05:58:17 pm »
Hi Jack,

I just read your story about that doctor, and I too think it's a good idea to write him a letter. He might maybe treat the next gay man in a different way. Hopefully. It's worth a try.

How have you been, my friend? I send you a big hug!

Dagi

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #802 on: February 23, 2008, 08:57:55 pm »
Hi Jack,

I just read your story about that doctor, and I too think it's a good idea to write him a letter. He might maybe treat the next gay man in a different way. Hopefully. It's worth a try.

How have you been, my friend? I send you a big hug!

Dagi

Well you get a big hug too {{{{{{{Dagi}}}}}}}

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #803 on: February 23, 2008, 09:07:07 pm »
I've ran into Psycho Nurse a couple of times myself.   :laugh:  I hate it when they stick the needle in, but fail to hit the vein, so they start rolling that needle around in your arm hoping to hit paydirt.  OMG that hurts!  And of course your black and blue afterwards.

After having these shots can you run around and have sex with everyone without care or worry?  Only if you're really, really cute, Jack.  Otherwise some might object and beat the snot out of you.     :laugh:  

But you're a charmer, so I'm sure no one would object.

Well yeah of course I am a charmer  ;D So there is more than one Psycho Nurse or is it the same one who just travels around to different places to torture people? I had never run into one and then I got this one who was trying to take blood and couldn't get any. So she did what you said and started rolling the needle around and then jabbing it into other places. It was a nightmare. She had my arm hanging in mid air with her table of stuff kind of lopsided while she went for blood. She would say "Hmmm well I don't know what is wrong I will try here." Finally I had to go to another place to have blood taken. Anytime I would go to the doctor I would just go ahead and get blood taken elsewhere. I refused to let her get ahold of me after our second round. Later, they ran her off as she was doing this with all the patients, but they said she was now working at another medical facility. So now any time I have blood taken I get nervous that I will have to go through something like that again. Maybe I could make a horror movie called "Psycho Nurse"  :laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #804 on: February 23, 2008, 09:08:03 pm »
To be honest, I'm not surprised by your experience.

medical people who should know better sometimes are bigoted.  I mean, the Red Cross is always asking for blood donations, and this is one of their guidelines for who is or is not an acceptable doner....

HIV, AIDS
You should not give blood if you have AIDS or have ever had a positive HIV test, or if you have done something that puts you at risk for becoming infected with HIV.

You are at risk for getting infected if you:

are a male who has had sexual contact with another male, even once, since 1977

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #805 on: February 23, 2008, 11:35:10 pm »
To be honest, I'm not surprised by your experience.

medical people who should know better sometimes are bigoted.  I mean, the Red Cross is always asking for blood donations, and this is one of their guidelines for who is or is not an acceptable doner....

HIV, AIDS
You should not give blood if you have AIDS or have ever had a positive HIV test, or if you have done something that puts you at risk for becoming infected with HIV.

You are at risk for getting infected if you:

are a male who has had sexual contact with another male, even once, since 1977

That's just not right. So in other words you are not at risk for AIDS if you are not a male who has had sexual contact with another male since 1977? So this means you could be a male who has had sexual contact with everything else imaginable as long as it wasn't a male. It seems that the medical profession would have enough sense to realize how stupid this sounds!!!

injest

« Reply #806 on: February 24, 2008, 04:56:37 pm »
That's just not right. So in other words you are not at risk for AIDS if you are not a male who has had sexual contact with another male since 1977? So this means you could be a male who has had sexual contact with everything else imaginable as long as it wasn't a male. It seems that the medical profession would have enough sense to realize how stupid this sounds!!!

what about women that have had sex with men that have had sex with men? Alma just got eliminated...as well as Lureen.

and I guess you would have to eliminate Monroe since he had sex with a woman that had had sex with a man that had sex with a man.

this gets complicated real quick!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #807 on: February 24, 2008, 09:10:58 pm »
Yes it does get confusing really quick and demonstrates even more how stupid the medical profession is. What are they living in a cave or something? I guess they still have the idea that if a man has been married or is married that it means he is straight. And same for a woman.

injest

« Reply #808 on: February 24, 2008, 09:17:36 pm »
and no gay man has ever had sex with a woman.

or even that gay men are not the ONLY carriers of HIV...duh!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #809 on: February 24, 2008, 11:17:01 pm »
Time to get everyone moving  :) This group is from Brazil and I saw them on TV right about the same time as Shakira. They haven't made it to the US yet as far as I know. And by the way I have no idea what they are saying.

Axe Bahia - Beso en la Boca
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU_Zfvq_xsk&feature=related[/youtube]