Author Topic: Jack's Ramblings  (Read 831224 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jack's Ramblings
« Reply #840 on: March 08, 2008, 12:30:37 pm »
Hi there Jack.   :D 

What's this about you being in training?  Training for what?  Are you going to run a race?  Are you going to participate in a prize fight?  Are you an astronaut?

All of the above Gary  ;D I am going to the moon where I will run a race and then participate in a prize fight. It's like a triathlon  :laugh: No actually it was nothing anywhere near as exciting as any of those things. It was training to take a test for a certification dealing with computers. It was mandatory, but I don't know that I will even take the test  ;)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #841 on: March 08, 2008, 04:02:49 pm »
Hiya  :D

Where you been? Hiding in your blog all the time, huh? I didn't see you in a while on the board, so I thought it's time to stop by at your place.

*doing my very best Joe Aguirre imitation*

"Here I am."  ;D :) ;D

(Don't be afraid. You mom didn't send me, your uncle is perfectly fine and you don't have to bring 'em down)  ;)

I brought you something, for he loved a little dog black cat (and I love them too):

As I see you're still working and studying hard. Ew.  :-\ 
Hope you take the time to have some fun between the serious stuff. I'm not having much fun at the moment. All my three kids are sick, which is bad enough. But to make it worse, I'm also sick  :P. Now that really sucks. Being sick and having to care for three sick kids (and I don't even get paid for it! Life is not fair). Fortunately it's weekend now and my husband is at home. Lucky me, I can now sleep as much as I want (which is mucho).
With so much sleep I'm sure I will be ok by the time next week begins.

Hope you're not sick and won't get sick! Be happy viruses are not infectious online. At least not the kind I have  :laugh:

*achoo*

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #842 on: March 08, 2008, 04:36:23 pm »
lmao!

Oh Gary, that is sooooo funny!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #843 on: March 08, 2008, 05:47:24 pm »
What a beautiful black cat!!! He looks a lot like Code!!! They do make good looking cats. Gary it sounds like the cat must have liked the drawer  ;D Chrissi thanks for stopping by. I'm sorry to hear that you are sick and I hope you get better very soon. I haven't really been on a whole lot lately so I haven't jumped around on the forum a lot here lately.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #844 on: March 09, 2008, 09:10:07 am »
just popped in to say hello!

:-*
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #845 on: March 09, 2008, 12:03:38 pm »

:-*

Hey Cousin Kelda!!! It is great to see you. How have you been doing?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #846 on: March 09, 2008, 12:09:18 pm »

Well, that was a real "jiffy pop".

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #847 on: March 09, 2008, 02:45:03 pm »
That's funny I was just talking with some people about how everything had become instant such as hot chocolate, microwave popcorn, etc. I mentioned the popcorn that you used to move quickly back and forth on the stove until the aluminum foil on top expanded when the corn popped. And now I remember the name "Jiffy Pop" since you mentioned it. That was high technology in those days. Do you remember if the aluminum foil on top broke open by itself? It seems that I remember it did, but I could be remembering wrong. Wonder if they still make it?

It's sad in a way what an "instant" world we do live in now. I guess that is all part of the "no time to relax and enjoy" mindset.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #848 on: March 09, 2008, 03:51:04 pm »
My memory is not too great, but I don't think it broke open by itself, Jack. Maybe it did on the commercial.

We had an old pan with a lid. Same pan every time for the popcorn. My granny poured oil in it and put popcorn in and someone had to shake it the whole time so the popcorn didn't burn.

The popcorn came in a bag and it had a little packet of orange colored salt or seasoning or something to sprinkle over it.

She made popcorn every Friday night and Saturday for me to eat while watching cartoons or Tarzan or Shirley Temple. (Or wrestling) LOL. And we halfed a 16 ounce Pepsi!! Good times.  Sodas were saved for the weekend! Or when we went to town or to the beauty shop. At the beauty shop, we put peanuts in our Pepsi. ;D

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, boys.  ;)

"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #849 on: March 09, 2008, 04:10:22 pm »
Do you remember if the aluminum foil on top broke open by itself? It seems that I remember it did, but I could be remembering wrong. Wonder if they still make it?

No, the top did not pop open by itself, you had to open it.  As for if they stil make it, hmmmmmm.   I get lunch every day at the local supermarket, and I'll check their shelves tomorrow.