Author Topic: Jack's Ramblings  (Read 831395 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jack's Ramblings
« Reply #920 on: March 25, 2008, 02:00:39 pm »

Thank you Chuck!!! I hope your Easter was Great!!!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #921 on: March 25, 2008, 02:02:14 pm »
[youtube=425,350]http://youtube.com/watch?v=BbV_iRpBZ3Q[/youtube]

Have a great Easter, Jack.   ;D

Thanks for the Easter wish and the video Gary  ;D I hope your Easter was very special.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #922 on: March 25, 2008, 02:04:08 pm »

Shasta, you are an incredibly nice, warm, and thoughtful person!!! I am truly glad to have you as a good friend  :)

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #923 on: March 25, 2008, 02:47:53 pm »
I need to see if there is a dream thread on here. If not I think there should be. There was one I was going to post awhile back, but I never got around to looking for a thread. To tell you truth it seems most of my dreams are of the variety that I don't want to remember especially if my ex decides to visit me in them  >:(

Anyway, I had one of my wonderful dreams last night that has made me feel good all day. I'm not sure why since it was just a dream. The dream started out with my one car not working, not starting up or something like that. That car was at my parents and my other car was at my house. So I had these super long battery cables, I mean really long, with one end attached to the Cutlass at my house and the other end attached to the Mustang at my parents house. Then these other people appeared that were trying to help me fix the problem although they were nowhere near the cars. It was almost as if they were working on some other kind of project. All this while my mother, father, and I think my sister were all standing around too. This one guy came up to us that was wearing some kind of helmet, like a welders helmet, that covered his face. He said that we weren't really doing it right and that he could show us even though he wasn't really supposed to. He fixed the problem somehow, but I don't remember the cars being there anymore. The other people besides my family and the one guy then left or disappeared or something like that. This guy had taken the helmet off by then and was quite an attractive guy, but not necessarily someone who I would typically be attracted to. He told my family and I that he could stay around for awhile even though he was not supposed to. I don't remember anyone asking him to stay, but in the dream I was glad he did.

It seems like we were playing some kind of game like a video game or board game. My memory of that part of the dream is sketchy. I know he and I were talking a lot and I was beginning to like him a lot. Whenever he would say something he would basically be talking to all of us, but his attention was more on me. He kept informing us that he was not supposed to be staying around with us. He then wanted to know if we could come with him to his house which turned into being a restaurant type place. He was showing us, but mainly me, all these things he had in a glass case. I was rather shocked because he had so many things that I too collected which I informed him of. He was happy about that, but again he kept saying that he was really enjoying being around us even though he was not supposed to be. I remember in particular he had this fire truck replica in the case that I was quite fond of. I remember that it was white rather than the typical red. From all indications that I remember this guy apparently was supposed to be a fireman.

It appeared that the time he had to spend with me was running out. By this time, my family members had left. I had become quite fond of this guy and I was feeling that feeling you get when you fall in love with someone. I knew that our time was short. He said that he wanted me to know that he had really enjoyed this time he had spent with me even though he wasn't supposed to. It was clear that we would never see each other again. And by the way there was no indication that he was gay or anything and in the dream I remember wondering if he was or if he was just being a nice guy. I wasn't sure exactly what he thought of me other than the attention he was paying me.

Then we were standing in front of the bar where someone was working behind it cleaning up or something. He said, "So did you want to turn in an application here?" At this point in time I'm not sure where it was, but apparently I was in another town. I said, "I thought that you were leaving and that I would never see you again so why would I want to work here?" He said, "Well you know it doesn't necessarily have to be that way." I said, "But you said you weren't supposed to be spending time here with me." He said, "I wasn't supposed to be, but I did anyway." Then things just turned into these really strong feelings and I was unsure of what I was supposed to do. Apparently he did like me in a special kind of way although I was still questioning it and questioning what I should do.

I don't remember anything more than that. It could be that the alarm clock went off or something, but I woke up feeling so content. It was almost like I woke up in love, but it was only a dream. I have no idea really what it meant. I know some people think dreams have all these hidden meanings and maybe this one did. I'm not sure. There are similarities here that I can see which remind me somewhat of my situation with the guy I have told many of you about. However, I know for a fact that this guy in the dream doesn't look anything like that guy. For one thing the guy in the dream had blondish hair while the guy I know has dark brown hair.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #924 on: March 25, 2008, 05:08:35 pm »
What a nice dream Jack. I can understand why it made you feel good all day. I'm not into dream interpretation at all, and I rarely remember my dreams, but sure I have experienced that the feeling, the mood a dream gives you continues to stay after you woke up. And that it can carry you through the day.

What I find striking is that the guy kept telling you he did this or that "although he wasn't supposed to". And in the end, you didn't know what you were supposed to do.
Maybe we all should try to do less of what we're supposed to do and more of what we want to do.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #925 on: March 25, 2008, 06:14:42 pm »
What a dream, Jack!  Thanks for telling us about it.  What does it mean?  I think it means that you're a romantic and that you want to fall in love with someone special.   :)

I was struck how your interactions with this man involved your family.  It was as if he was becoming part of your family.

Now if I had a dream like that, I probably would have just shagged the guy.   :P

Thanks for your comments Gary. I guess that is what it means. Maybe I will meet this guy somewhere  :) I wish ;D I think maybe the part involving my family which you actually brought to my mind is that I am close to my family. So maybe that is why they were in it so prevalently. Hmmmmmmm....I'm not sure what would have happened if the dream would have continued  ;)

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #926 on: March 25, 2008, 06:27:50 pm »
What a nice dream Jack. I can understand why it made you feel good all day. I'm not into dream interpretation at all, and I rarely remember my dreams, but sure I have experienced that the feeling, the mood a dream gives you continues to stay after you woke up. And that it can carry you through the day.

What I find striking is that the guy kept telling you he did this or that "although he wasn't supposed to". And in the end, you didn't know what you were supposed to do.
Maybe we all should try to do less of what we're supposed to do and more of what we want to do.

Thanks for posting your thoughts Chrissi. Most of my dreams are not worth posting  :) Many are simply good to forget  ;) It does seem that I am quite a vivid dreamer though. I've had a lot of people that say they dream in black and white. I never have understood that. My dreams have very vivid colors always. I agree I think we should try to do less of what we're supposed to do and more of what we want to do. I guess the guy in my dream did that even though he kept saying he wasn't supposed to. It's funny how both you and Gary have made me think of things concerning that dream that I did not think of before. I just now realized from reading what you wrote that maybe it is me that doesn't do some things because I'm not supposed to  ???

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #927 on: March 26, 2008, 05:36:42 am »
I've had a lot of people that say they dream in black and white. I never have understood that.

Me neither! I can't imagine to dream in b/w. This seems so strange to me, somehow like you should intantly know it's a dream (even while dreaming) if it is in b/w.
But then, in dreams everything is different and strange, but doesn't seem so while you're dreaming, only in hindsight. If you dream of a flying cat it doesn't seems strange at all, so why should a world in b/w seem strange?

I just now realized from reading what you wrote that maybe it is me that doesn't do some things because I'm not supposed to  ???

Maybe (maybe not; like I already said, I have no idea about dream interpretation). But that guy did things he was not supposed to - and it was good :)! In contrast to him, you hestitated because you didn't know what you were supposed to do.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #928 on: March 26, 2008, 05:42:05 am »
Good morning, Jack!

Are you already thinking about the weekend even tho it's just Wednesday? I am!  :P  ;D
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #929 on: March 26, 2008, 08:16:46 am »
Hi Jack.  I remember how much it annoys you that gay men are precluded from donating blood simply because they're gay, so when I came across this video, I thought I'd post it here.

Thanks for posting this Gary. It only adds to my thoughts about how STUPID all of this is. Talk about stereotypes!!!!!!!!! And some people say that gay people are so accepted these days. Yeah right!!! Laws such as this show, in my opinion, how much they are not accepted. As the guy says, straight people DO engage in risky sexual activity, but for some reason that seems to be ok and for some reason they are never considered high risk. This goes back to my visit to my old doctor who seemed to take it for granted that since I was gay I would have at some point been exposed to Hepatitis B. He continued to think this even though I told him I was not sexually active. And I'm sure to his surprise I have never ever been exposed to Hepatitis B as the blood work showed. His logic, like these laws, is FAULTY. And it also makes me think about when my sister found out that I was gay. Her first question to my mother was "Well, can he be controlled?" Finding out I was gay apparently meant to her that I was out attacking any male that came anywhere near me. When in fact she has been consistently more sexually active then me. So the question is which I have stated to my mother is "Can she be controlled?" So for those of you who think gays are now accepted in today's society, think again!!! Yes, the tolerance may be greater than it was at one time, but be sure to remember that many people do indeed hold these stereotypes and be sure to think what is being said behind your back.