Author Topic: Jack's Ramblings  (Read 831317 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jack's Ramblings
« Reply #930 on: March 26, 2008, 08:17:58 am »
Good morning, Jack!

Are you already thinking about the weekend even tho it's just Wednesday? I am!  :P  ;D

Yes Shasta I sure am thinking about the weekend  :) Have you got big plans?

injest

« Reply #931 on: March 26, 2008, 08:22:04 am »
Hi Mr Jack!!

:-*

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #932 on: March 26, 2008, 08:23:42 am »
Hi Mr Jack!!

:-*

Hey and Good Morning Jess  :)

injest

« Reply #933 on: March 26, 2008, 08:46:10 am »
Hey and Good Morning Jess  :)

:-* :-*

I read your dream....Gotta go but I will come back cause I want to talk to you about it! (VERY interesting)

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #934 on: March 26, 2008, 06:30:12 pm »
:-* :-*

I read your dream....Gotta go but I will come back cause I want to talk to you about it! (VERY interesting)

Yes Jess, I hope you do come back to talk to me about it. I would love to know your thoughts  :)

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #935 on: March 26, 2008, 06:45:30 pm »
Hi Jack and Friends!

Dreams are such an interesting topic.  I also have very vivid dreams on occasion.  In fact, have dreamed whole screenplays with dialogue (wish I'd written them down), and also have had lucid dreams where I know I'm dreaming but go with it anyway as if I'm both in my dream and observing it.  Sometimes I will wake up in the middle of a dream, and if I immediately go back to sleep and the dream will continue.

One of my favorite dreams is that I can fly.  I used to dream that a lot more often when I was young.

Have you ever heard that if you are dreaming that you are falling and actually hit the ground in your dream it means that you have died in real life?

Hey Susie and all,

Yes they are a very interesting topic. I have also had dreams that were like whole length movies and ones that have continued on for many years. They aren't reoccurring, they are just continuations and have people and places in them that I only know in dreams. I have also known I was dreaming before and observed the dream like you say. I have also been able to go back to sleep and continue a dream. This happens a lot with bad dreams unfortunately. Have you ever had a dream before where you were trying to wake yourself up from it? It's almost like you are shaking yourself to wake up and if you don't get up when you do wake up you will go right back into it.

I've heard a lot of people say that they have dreams of flying. I'm not sure if I have ever had one about that. I have definitely heard that if you are dreaming you are falling and hit the ground you die in real life. That was even in some movie or TV show, but I'm not sure which one. It seems like it was either in something like Twilight Zone or Alfred Hitchcock.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #936 on: March 27, 2008, 02:30:22 pm »
Laws Gary!!
Is anyone warm???? ::)
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #937 on: March 28, 2008, 02:29:50 pm »
Wow Gary, now that is some dream. I can't say that I have ever had any quite like that. It sounds like the basis for a horror movie. And Ray Charles with a shotgun.....that doesn't sound like him and even if it did someone blind with a gun does not work out too well.

Paralysis dream is a good name for those. I have been having them since I was in my early teens. The ones I have give me the feeling that I am moving to try and wake myself up when in fact I have not moved at all. I can remember leaning my head out a window during the winter once to wake myself up, but I had actually only dreamed that I did that cause I had not even moved. I can remember having tried to turn lights on and shaking the lamp cause the light would not come on. It is a horrible feeling. It's like you are trying to pull yourself out of a very deep sleep.

That would be a very hard thing to deal with, extremely hard. And for you to know before it was even diagnosed. I have always gotten migraine headaches and I started getting them in the middle of the fourth grade. I didn't know what they were and for years I thought I must have a brain tumor. Luckily, I did not. You must be a very strong person Gary to have dealt with all of that and I am glad you came through the operation as well as you did.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #938 on: March 29, 2008, 12:53:36 am »
I feel sometimes like I am leading so many different lives. I live my one life at work. I go there each day to a place I don't really like. It is a place where I continually feel under appreciated, under valued, and I know that it will remain that way always. I then have a life where I am getting educated which is about ready to come to a close. I now have a masters degree, a bachelors degree, and an associates degree. The associates degree oddly enough will be the last one I get in May. My social life is basically nothing. I am in love with someone who I have only known online since November of 2000. It sounds rather strange I know, but I do know that the feelings are not one sided. I really don't want to explain all that since it would be another story. Let's just say that he is IMPORTANT to me and I don't want to loose what we do have. And there ain't nobody that has come close to that, that I have met yet.

Then I have an incredible log cabin in the North Carolina mountains. And that is not what I consider the important part of my life here in Asheville, NC. What truly keeps me here is my wonderful aging parents who I have a very close relationship with. My place here would be a dream for many people, and I do want to keep this log cabin. I know that if were not for my parents I would try to move to California or New York cause I just love those places and that ain't cause of the gay places. I would more than likely stay away from those places.

injest

« Reply #939 on: March 29, 2008, 01:20:58 am »
I feel sometimes like I am leading so many different lives. I live my one life at work. I go there each day to a place I don't really like. It is a place where I continually feel under appreciated, under valued, and I know that it will remain that way always. I then have a life where I am getting educated which is about ready to come to a close. I now have a masters degree, a bachelors degree, and an associates degree. The associates degree oddly enough will be the last one I get in May. My social life is basically nothing. I am in love with someone who I have only known online since November of 2000. It sounds rather strange I know, but I do know that the feelings are not one sided. I really don't want to explain all that since it would be another story. Let's just say that he is IMPORTANT to me and I don't want to loose what we do have. And there ain't nobody that has come close to that, that I have met yet.

Then I have an incredible log cabin in the North Carolina mountains. And that is not what I consider the important part of my life here in Asheville, NC. What truly keeps me here is my wonderful aging parents who I have a very close relationship with. My place here would be a dream for many people, and I do want to keep this log cabin. I know that if were not for my parents I would try to move to California or New York cause I just love those places and that ain't cause of the gay places. I would more than likely stay away from those places.

I know you are in a troubled place right now, Jack....and no one can decide anything for you. Please don't be hard on yourself. You have to work things thru and it may take some time....but you do need to look at what you need (and deserve) in your life and how you can get it without losing things that ARE important to you. Baby steps.

I am glad you posted this...I know you are thinking and considering (even when you think you are not) and there will come a time when you are ready that you will make YOUR decisions on what you can stand....and what you can (and will) fix.

I believe in you.

XX