Author Topic: Jack's Ramblings  (Read 831223 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jack's Ramblings
« Reply #980 on: April 22, 2008, 03:52:57 pm »
Hey Gary, Dagi, Shasta and Everyone. Sorry I have been so out of touch lately. I am trying my best to get through these last weeks of classes. This math class is about to do me in  :(

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #981 on: April 22, 2008, 04:08:58 pm »
Hey Gary, Dagi, Shasta and Everyone. Sorry I have been so out of touch lately. I am trying my best to get through these last weeks of classes. This math class is about to do me in  :(
Lord, I feel for ya!
I can't take 2 from 4 without a calculator anymore!  :-\
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #982 on: April 22, 2008, 06:49:27 pm »
Lord, I feel for ya!
I can't take 2 from 4 without a calculator anymore!  :-\

I'm hoping that I never ever have to do math of any kind anymore after this. Right now we are doing probabilities and statistics. It's horrible!!! I could really care less about what the probability is of getting an orange soda from a cooler that also contains 4 colas and 3 cherry sodas. Who cares and they need to start putting more interesting things in their coolers anyway  :laugh:

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #983 on: April 23, 2008, 02:16:30 am »

Oh Lord, how I can relate to that. Math is hell unless you have a really superior teacher (and they are rare). I never liked Math and it was one of my weakest subjects. Until I got a new teacher. He repeated part of the stuff that my other teacher had tried to teach us in two years. And after two years of struggling suddently everything made sense. I learned more in the first three weeks with him than in the two years before.

Hang in there Jack. Just a few weeks. You'll make it through it just fine!  :-*

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #984 on: April 25, 2008, 10:39:43 pm »
Hey, Jack, I was just over on the Roundup web site, and I see you've turned purple! So you're all paid up and booked, too! Yeehaw!  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #985 on: April 28, 2008, 07:22:39 pm »
Hiya Jack!

Looking forward to seeing you in Wyoming!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #986 on: May 07, 2008, 02:57:47 pm »
I think Jack ran off and joined the circus.   :-\

I did and it was quite scary!!! I was just walking down the street one day and suddenly clowns, bearded ladies, giant men and the like all grabbed me. They took me away thinking that I had escaped from the circus. They then stuck me in one of the side show booths and I am now stuck there until I figure out how to escape. I knew I was odd looking and strange, but I had no idea that I matched the side show freak image so much. People actually spend money to come and gawk at me. Oh well at least I have a different job now. Things are not all bad though. The bearded lady, the giant man, and me have formed a tight friendship and we all get drunk every night sitting around drinking shots of Jack Daniels. However, the clowns are quite mean and scary. The same can be said of the tiny man.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #987 on: May 07, 2008, 03:03:23 pm »
I did and it was quite scary!!! I was just walking down the street one day and suddenly clowns, bearded ladies, giant men and the like all grabbed me. They took me away thinking that I had escaped from the circus. They then stuck me in one of the side show booths and I am now stuck there until I figure out how to escape. I knew I was odd looking and strange, but I had no idea that I matched the side show freak image so much. People actually spend money to come and gawk at me. Oh well at least I have a different job now. Things are not all bad though. The bearded lady, the giant man, and me have formed a tight friendship and we all get drunk every night sitting around drinking shots of Jack Daniels. However, the clowns are quite mean and scary. The same can be said of the tiny man.
You didn't tell me you were going back to San Fransisco!!  :laugh:
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #988 on: May 07, 2008, 08:47:54 pm »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yep. He's back!!  ;D
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #989 on: May 08, 2008, 11:18:28 am »
I'm sitting here with goose bumps right now cause I have a radio station on the computer from Denver and they are playing Melissa by the Allman Brothers right now. It is so funny how that song brings back memories now that it just never had before Brokeback. I can see the whole scene in my mind and the whole idea that I had in my mind then that Ennis would have so much rather been with Jack than with Cassie. And of course this was all getting so close to when there would be no more Jack for Ennis to be with. So now I have teardrops and I have to quit that cause I am here at work.

It just seems so strange how music can make you think of things. I heard that song in the car the other day. It was on a CD I have had long before Brokeback and all of a sudden my mind was on Brokeback.