Author Topic: Jack's Ramblings  (Read 831263 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jack's Ramblings
« Reply #990 on: May 08, 2008, 11:24:16 am »
Hiya Jack!

Looking forward to seeing you in Wyoming!

Hey Chuck!!!

Great to hear from you. I have been a bit sparse lately, but I am happy to report that I am through with all classes and that is the end of my class days. We could say "School's Out Forever" like the old song says. However, beginning in the fall I will start teaching my first distance based class. Yes I got hired. For now it is part time so I will keep this job, but it appears that eventually I will be full time. More than likely that will be distance based too which means I may end up being able to work from wherever I happen to be. My dream come true!!!

When are you getting to Colorado for the Wyoming trip?

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #991 on: May 08, 2008, 11:30:17 am »

I will check it out Gary and by the way this guy sitting in front is incredibly good looking. That is what I would call my kind of look that I like in a guy  ;D Just had to comment on that one  :laugh:

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #992 on: May 08, 2008, 11:32:56 am »
You didn't tell me you were going back to San Fransisco!!  :laugh:

How did you know Richard   :laugh: At first it didn't look familiar, but now that you mention it there is the Transamerica Pyramid and the Golden Gate Bridge. And I can even see the Cathedral Hill Hotel and Mel's Diner  :D

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #993 on: May 08, 2008, 11:35:10 am »
Hey Gary, Shasta, Chuck, Richard, etc,

Yes I am back and I am very glad to see all of you here!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for not forgetting about me  :)

Offline BayCityJohn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • BBM Foundation
« Reply #994 on: May 08, 2008, 11:40:20 am »
I'm sitting here with goose bumps right now cause I have a radio station on the computer from Denver and they are playing Melissa by the Allman Brothers right now. It is so funny how that song brings back memories now that it just never had before Brokeback. I can see the whole scene in my mind and the whole idea that I had in my mind then that Ennis would have so much rather been with Jack than with Cassie. And of course this was all getting so close to when there would be no more Jack for Ennis to be with. So now I have teardrops and I have to quit that cause I am here at work.

It just seems so strange how music can make you think of things. I heard that song in the car the other day. It was on a CD I have had long before Brokeback and all of a sudden my mind was on Brokeback.

I know what you mean.  This happens to me almost every day at work.  My assistant plays this local 'oldies' station, and someone at that station loves that song. They play it several times a day.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #995 on: May 08, 2008, 11:56:56 am »
How did you know Richard   :laugh: At first it didn't look familiar, but now that you mention it there is the Transamerica Pyramid and the Golden Gate Bridge. And I can even see the Cathedral Hill Hotel and Mel's Diner  :D
Sweet memories!
I wish I was there with you! LOL
One day again we can do that. Sooner rather than later I hope.

I'm sitting here with goose bumps right now cause I have a radio station on the computer from Denver and they are playing Melissa by the Allman Brothers right now. It is so funny how that song brings back memories now that it just never had before Brokeback. I can see the whole scene in my mind and the whole idea that I had in my mind then that Ennis would have so much rather been with Jack than with Cassie. And of course this was all getting so close to when there would be no more Jack for Ennis to be with. So now I have teardrops and I have to quit that cause I am here at work.

It just seems so strange how music can make you think of things. I heard that song in the car the other day. It was on a CD I have had long before Brokeback and all of a sudden my mind was on Brokeback

I know how you feel. Whenever I hear a song from Brokeback or a song that plays on BBM radio I do that.
Clint black has a song that says "ain't funny how a melody brings back a memory". It sure is.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #996 on: May 08, 2008, 01:39:21 pm »
Sweet memories!
I wish I was there with you! LOL
One day again we can do that. Sooner rather than later I hope.

I know how you feel. Whenever I hear a song from Brokeback or a song that plays on BBM radio I do that.
Clint black has a song that says "ain't funny how a melody brings back a memory". It sure is.

Yes I know that song by Clint Black. Not only is it true, but it is also a great song!!!

You are right those are some great memories and I actually think you may have hit on something there. Why not have a reunion in San Francisco sometime? It certainly is a great place for people to get together and there are many who live out there. Also, sooner than later, I agree with that too  :)

By the way they are constantly showing Atlanta here on the local TV stations. Apparently they are doing a major tourist marketing campaign here about what a great city it is and how close it is.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #997 on: May 08, 2008, 01:41:15 pm »
Yes I know that song by Clint Black. Not only is it true, but it is also a great song!!!

You are right those are some great memories and I actually think you may have hit on something there. Why not have a reunion in San Francisco sometime? It certainly is a great place for people to get together and there are many who live out there. Also, sooner than later, I agree with that too  :)

By the way they are constantly showing Atlanta here on the local TV stations. Apparently they are doing a major tourist marketing campaign here about what a great city it is and how close it is.

Well, come on down!
What are waitin for a maitin call??? :laugh:
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #998 on: May 08, 2008, 01:50:24 pm »
Well, come on down!
What are waitin for a maitin call??? :laugh:

Well thanks Richard!!! I might just have to do that. It would be great to see Atlanta again. I used to know it fairly well, well a little, but I bet it has changed a LOT.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #999 on: May 09, 2008, 02:07:58 pm »

Well Jack, it is good to know you didnt get kidnapped by aliens.  Least wise you
have lived to tell about it..   No probings or such I hope..

Beautiful mind