Author Topic: As the World Turns - Luke and Noah (Videos)  (Read 97405 times)

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
Re: As the World Turns
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2007, 12:06:59 am »
Nah, Jess. Just subscribe to LukeVanFan's youtube channel. He/She edits out all the other storylines so you don't get too confused by the show, and you can get your Nuke fix for the day. I've discovered that edited soaps are the way to go, so you don't get caught up in one storyline just to get sidetracked by another one.  CBS doesn't seem to mind (in fact they even promote it a bit on their own websites), and both the actors and writers are greatly appreciative of the fact that they have such a comprehending and admiring audience.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2007, 11:42:58 pm »
Parts 5 and 6 of the Luke and Noah Story

[youtube=425,350]bm0axPq-3EQ[/youtube]

About 10 seconds into the film, Luke gets a dreamy look in his eyes when he tells Jade about Noah. He's got it bad.

At 1:20 to 1:30, Luke is describing his proposal, but he mainly seems to be interested in looking at Noah (not that I can blame him).

At 2:20 to 2:30, Luke seems to be spilling his heart to Noah, who is both interested and intrigued with a wide grin across his face. Pure emotional excitement or true happiness, so rare in our lives, shines forth like a sparkling beacon.

[youtube=425,350]Q9lCAg_YWYg[/youtube]

No Luke in this one but the thing between Maddie and Noah is... doing something.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2007, 06:12:58 pm »
Parts 7 and 8 of the Luke and Noah Story

Part 7 is just a little boring, with Luke still missing, but the thing between Maddie and Noah is still going on.  Also makes a little bit more sense with the later scene in Part 8.

[youtube=425,350]hZwi8MjPNNs[/youtube]
[youtube=425,350]K_WF1fexBoE[/youtube]

Part 8:

40 seconds in: "Oh, so you guys are going to Branson together?"
A little bit of jealousy? on Luke's part, but he's had a tough week trying to sort out his feelings for Noah and what he's going to do about his straight-boy-crush.

1:12: Noah co-invites Luke to come with him and Maddie to Branson. I'm not certain if you've noticed it but Noah is pretty insistent on including Luke in a lot of things, and even spending more time with him than Maddie in some cases (see previous sections). Yes, its friendly, but Luke is becoming more and more attracted to Noah and its usually pretty difficult to hide that type of thing. So Luke tries to back out of many of those friendly gestures as quickly as possible.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2007, 11:17:20 pm »
Parts 9, 10 and 11 of the Luke and Noah storyline

Parts 9, 10 and 11 seem to be entirely about Noah's involvement in the Cleo/Jade storyline, so boring again.... sigh....

[youtube=425,350]WCMnsDLVF5Y[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]MDeGh0y95dc[/youtube]

Edit: The conflict between Cloe and Jade may come back to haunt Luke and Noah. Luke is Jade's best friend and Noah and Maddie seem to be protective of Cleo. Of course, this being a soap opera, it could go anywhere from here.

[youtube=425,350]shOTGhwAtX8[/youtube]

Towards the end of this section, Noah tells Maddie about a neighbor of his in glowing appraisal. At this point in the storyline, it may not mean anything... but it's definitely there for the writers to use at a later time if they decide to. Hopefully not making it too convoluted, but that seems to be the law of the land for soap operas. Convolution.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2007, 12:47:47 am »
Parts 12, 13, and 14 of the Luke and Noah storyline

[youtube=425,350]Rfnuw_lIl3M[/youtube]

More boring stuff about Cleo and Jade... nothing really interesting going on.

[youtube=425,350]m6-yjEkfESc[/youtube]

3:30: Noah runs into Gabe in Branson. Obviously something is going on here. Noah gives Gabe the half-closed eyes (symbolic focus on throat chakra) "shut up" look.

[youtube=425,350]EBb4q3ORW80[/youtube]

0:25: Noah avoids Maddie's reference to Gabe.

More symbolic interactionism. I thought it would be a good idea here to review hand/body gestures. As I mentioned in an earlier segment, where we place our hand is often an indication of the direction of our inner purpose. But there are other interactions that we can see almost on a daily basis.

Hands clasped at base of spine: The block of creative energy. We generally do this when we are agitated or thinking sporadically. Sometimes it helps to calm us down, but more often than not it creates a build up of tension that can result in anger.

Hands clasped above pelvis: The block of sexual energy. This is something we do when we are in situations where we don't want our sexual energy to create tension that gets in the way of doing other things. It cannot usually be done for long periods of time without causing sexual health problems. (It seems that our sexual phyical body is much more responsive to sexual energy than other parts of our body are responsive to energy activated there.)

Arms crossed over solar plexus: The block of reception. This is a sign of refusal to believe. It is a defensive posture. People who do this a lot have a tendency to not be able to accept people at their word.

Arms crossed over chest: The block of loving energy. This is a sign of refusal to love someone. If a person is upset or angry with another person whom they normally would not be upset or angry with, this stance can allow their anger to manifest more rapidly.  This is an agressive posture.

Hand to throat: The block of communicative energy. This is a sign of a person who wants to say something but for some reason feels it is important not to say it. Often shocked persons will make this stance, as they are sometimes uncertain of how to verbally respond to a situation.

Hand to forehead: The block of learning or mental energy. A person smacks themselves on the forehead when they are embarassed about a particular situation, usually when they act more stupid than they are genuinely capable of. Both the hand to the forehead and the smack are a symbolic attempt to end the learning procedure that is going on as a result of embarassment. (That tingly feeling in your head when you know you've just done something stupid is actually beneficial for you. Don't try to overcome it.)

Arms curled over head: The block of spiritual energy. People empowered by egoism often make this stance, relaxing their arms on top of their head. This is a stance of defiance, indicating a lack of need for any sustenance from a supernatural source.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2007, 01:20:50 am »
Parts 15, 16, and 17

[youtube=425,350]qSYvCPxtp0U[/youtube]

Pfft, ah well... not really anything here... lol

[youtube=425,350]ZwTnbSj3g-M[/youtube]

Noah and Maddie.... and of course, Colonel Mayer.
Before this relationship thing with Maddie starts, I thought I would point out that Noah had come under severe restriction from his father... the last thing on his mind right then is trying to find out who he is... He is in a type of independence mode, one might think, attempting to acknowledge how he can sever himself from his father's instructions on a fast track. Of course, I don't think this is conscious at all, but more or less a subconscious response.

[youtube=425,350]DxVJQaf4LuE[/youtube]

Aha, Noah and Maddie are both declaring themselves... distancing themselves from their romantic and filial difficulties. Noah's subconscious response is now being verbalized in a big way. And of course, the sensations of independencing, or perhaps falling in love with the freedom of self, can sometimes be confused with falling in love with another person, especially when that experience is shared. The problem: Noah and Maddie haven't really examined themselves in their new-found independence to determine if their responses to one another are the real deal.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2007, 05:44:43 pm »
Parts 18, 19, and 20 of the Luke and Noah Storyline.

[youtube=425,350]C63y38kA1Zo[/youtube]

Hmmm, okay I guess you know by now, but overdramatic, hypersensitive Gwen and the overdramatic, hypersensitive Cleo are played by the same actress.

In the previous installment, Noah was confused by his own bedroom antics. Here, he once again is more eager to escape with Luke than stay with Maddie.

[youtube=425,350]BUjSrYE9ElA[/youtube]

This does repeat the end of part 18, so apologies for that.

Luke comes out to Noah towards the end of this part, who is still reeling in no small amount of confusion about his relationship with Maddie. The crinkling of the forehead above the bridge of the nose is a primary indication of confusion, as well as the deer-caught-in-headlights stare that he uses quite frequently. If you don't believe me, you can look at some previous footage of Noah and Maddie. Noah seems more like himself with Luke; he's not putting on a show about his favorite movies, like he does with Maddie.

[youtube=425,350]lWmXBl0bzEE[/youtube]

Okay, this doesn't really have much to do with the Luke and Noah storyline, but it looks like the Cleo/Gwen/Jade controversy is going to wrap up quickly.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 02:07:21 am by Daniel »

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2007, 07:19:51 pm »
Parts 21, 22, and 23 of the Luke and Noah storyline.

[youtube=425,350]UXScqY2x9mA[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]VoUrxSnC-nY[/youtube]

Okay, parts 21 and 22 are all about Gwen and Jade getting loose from the traintracks, and Cleo singing in place of Gwen at the concert. So there's not much really going on here. We can skip it.... It's fluff and filler for those who may have been captivated by the dangerous situation that is evolving here. (Not I, this is... contrived.)

[youtube=425,350]aunH8z3VSNw[/youtube]

Part 23 officially ends the Gwen, Jade, and Cleo arc.... (thank God). But at least we know that Luke and Noah work well together.

"What the world needs now... is love, sweet love. No, not just for some, but for everyone."

« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 09:52:36 pm by Daniel »

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2007, 11:05:47 pm »
Part 24 of the Nuke Storyline...

Now that the other story arc is *ahem* out of the way, perhaps Luke and Noah can finally get together...

[youtube=425,350]ZE8-vv8gIRI[/youtube]

Or perhaps, Noah is going to be so distraught by the way his father is treating him, his broken dreams and ambitions, and by his co-dependent search for independence with Maddie that he will do anything to get into a normal life. For many gay youths (including myself), this is perhaps the greatest spiritual danger of coming out, or not coming out, as the case may be. The mind has a great ability to subdue unwanted thoughts and feelings through denial and self-supression. But as we ultimately discover, struggle against our inner nature is not at all beneficial and prevents us from being who we are meant to be.

This is a really very good emotional part of this storyline. Luke and Jade say their farewells and Noah is momentarily torn in pursuing a relationship with Maddie. Maddie herself is still confused and uncertain in her own life.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2007, 06:05:35 pm »
Parts 25, 26, 27, and 28 of the Noah and Luke Storyline...

[youtube=425,350]Wf2B2zHEjJI[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]HukylE0vZbM[/youtube]

And then finally to some juicy tidbits in Parts 27 and 28.

[youtube=425,350]2triDos56O0[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]0UK1t5y4d3g[/youtube]