Author Topic: As the World Turns - Luke and Noah (Videos)  (Read 97827 times)

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
Re: As the World Turns - Luke and Noah (Videos)
« Reply #120 on: December 21, 2007, 08:30:19 pm »
I agree that many people have blown it out of proportion, but even I find it somewhat infuriating that obvious kisses have not been televised, and then I laugh it off, and consider the overall drama. It's beautiful, and it's funny (sometimes in one of those awww, how cute ways), and it's good. I personally am greatly appreciative for the small taste of heaven that we are allowed access to, but am a little spiritually aggravated when I'm turned away at the gate just when I arrive.

This doesn't mean that I am disrespectful or ungrateful of the opportunity to visit heaven at all. I am deeply appreciative. I just would like to see more. And this dancing around the outskirts is intriguing, engaging, fun, and blissful.... but there's always a part of me that is attempting to peer down golden roads and through crystal arches.  And every time I look, I keep getting caught by the guardians who just shake their heads at me and urge me to move on.

So I can understand both sides. I understand the painful distancing of self from the blissful center. And indeed, the first truth of the Eight is that Life is Suffering. Impatience must yield to compassion and understanding before the next circle is reached.... and in the end, the winding labyrinth takes us through a beautiful voyage of self discovery. The longest distance between two points is a double spiral, but when the straight line is so apparent, and visible, it is so tempting to demand it.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #121 on: December 21, 2007, 08:33:11 pm »
Hey, yb, can you post a link to Van's fansite...?

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
As the World Turns Makes History Again
« Reply #122 on: December 21, 2007, 08:54:01 pm »
Ladies and gentlemen, in the excitement and passion of the moment, we have forgotten to record the historic moment of Thursday, December 20, 2007 as the first time that two male characters on a daytime drama pro/confessed their love to one another. Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus, and men can say "I love you." meaningfully despite what we are often raised to expect or believe about the masculine stereotype, and what "acceptable" masculine behavior is.  Yes, and even a man is capable of that ultimate vulnerability, when he can place his life and desires beneath another's in the role of loving support. He can gently enmesh his emotional being with another, and consider in truth the reality not only of his being, but of another, pure and bright in the surrounding darkness.  Yes, Virginia, love exists.... and men are capable of it.

Phenomenal. Wondrous.

(For some reason I keep hearing the Hallelujah Chorus)

Part 118 to replay to your heart's content:

[youtube=425,350]Fn9_7KE3dvE[/youtube]

yb

Re: As the World Turns Makes History Again
« Reply #123 on: December 21, 2007, 09:41:37 pm »
Ladies and gentlemen, in the excitement and passion of the moment, we have forgotten to record the historic moment of Thursday, December 20, 2007 as the first time that two male characters on a daytime drama pro/confessed their love to one another. Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus, and men can say "I love you." meaningfully despite what we are often raised to expect or believe about the masculine stereotype, and what "acceptable" masculine behavior is.  Yes, and even a man is capable of that ultimate vulnerability, when he can place his life and desires beneath another's in the role of loving support. He can gently enmesh his emotional being with another, and consider in truth the reality not only of his being, but of another, pure and bright in the surrounding darkness.  Yes, Virginia, love exists.... and men are capable of it.

Phenomenal. Wondrous.

(For some reason I keep hearing the Hallelujah Chorus)

Part 118 to replay to your heart's content:

[youtube=425,350]Fn9_7KE3dvE[/youtube]

I agree, that's why I thought in the end the positives that came out of this episode outweighed the negative, and as others have said, none of the other couples in the show has got such a romantic and careful development of their relationship.  My concern now is what's in store for them in the future, I hope the producers/writers have got some good things ahead for this storyline.

Daniel, here's the link to Van's fansite:
http://vanhansis.net/

But if you want to go straight to the messageboard, here's the link:
http://z13.invisionfree.com/vanhansis/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=9

I am more a Van fan, but there are a lot of Jake love on the messageboard also.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #124 on: December 22, 2007, 05:58:38 pm »
In celebration of the most recent romantic phenomenon that almost never was, we proudly present the Most Interrupted Couple in Daytime History:

I'm just wondering if there are some viewers out there going, "Phew, I'm glad they came along. I was about to be subjected to that gay stuff again."

[youtube=425,350]07SwPe_5n28[/youtube]

injest

« Reply #125 on: December 22, 2007, 06:06:29 pm »
them poor boys have been busted so many times, how can anybody in town NOT know about them??

seriously!

:laugh: ;)

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #126 on: December 22, 2007, 06:13:14 pm »
That's the thing, Jess.... just about everyone who knows them, does know about them, and they all approve! Except for Noah's psycho-dad.

Glad to see you here, though. Hope you're caught up! Too many good things to miss! Season's blessings to you, Jess!

injest

« Reply #127 on: December 22, 2007, 06:19:53 pm »
That's the thing, Jess.... just about everyone who knows them, does know about them, and they all approve! Except for Noah's psycho-dad.

Glad to see you here, though. Hope you're caught up! Too many good things to miss! Season's blessings to you, Jess!

Merry merry to you too, sweet Daniel!!

XX

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #128 on: December 23, 2007, 03:51:23 am »
Thank you for posting this Daniel! I am on dial-up, but I took the time to view it, and it was definately worth the wait!! What a beautiful Christmas for the gay American community! Thanks so much for telling us about it!

Happy Christmas Daniel, to you and yours! :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

yb

« Reply #129 on: December 23, 2007, 07:27:49 am »
In celebration of the most recent romantic phenomenon that almost never was, we proudly present the Most Interrupted Couple in Daytime History:

I'm just wondering if there are some viewers out there going, "Phew, I'm glad they came along. I was about to be subjected to that gay stuff again."

[youtube=425,350]07SwPe_5n28[/youtube]

The motive of making this was out of frustration, but I have to say the result was rather amusing; poor Luke and Noah!