Author Topic: As the World Turns - Luke and Noah (Videos)  (Read 96488 times)

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
Re: As the World Turns
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2007, 06:40:01 pm »
Damn you, Daniel!!!   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I spent the better part of a whole DAY catching up with this stuff and you leave me with THIS!???!!!   ::) :D :D

Sigh...Luke and Noah - very hot, not nearly enough kisses, and too much other people angst to slog thru  ::).

I know, and this is a trimmed down version. The youtube poster edited everything out that wasn't somehow connected to Luke and Noah. It still got convoluted, though, didn't it?  Recapping on Colonel Meyer. He's killed Cheri (Noah's mom), and managed to plant evidence framing Dusty. He's mortally wounded Dusty (as far as we know). He's savagely attacked Luke's aunt, who is now in a comatose state, and has deadly plans for Luke. This man does not play nice.

And what about Dusty?  Man, that dude does it for me in a big way also.   :D

This just ain't right.

(Rant over)

Seriously nice to see a daytime drama to feature a homosexual relationship so progressively and appropriately characterize the homophobe as psycho.  Good story line and I'm happy to see so many people invested in Luke and Noah's story over in that poll.

Thanks very much for sharing all this with us.

I am with you on this one. This whole storyline feels "appropriate", everything in it so far is spot on. It's really good how this drama is really demonstrating the beautiful goodness and uniqueness that Luke and Noah exemplify in their lives and their relationship. (Even if Noah did get a shaky start... the errors in his previous choices really humanize the character. And he apologized for them... genuinely and purposefully.) You don't see this type of relationship very often in daytime dramas. The deceptions don't go on forever... It's just a noble, wholesome, innocent, gay relationship... And it's beautiful, and it's good.

I'm a little worried about what is going to happen to Luke. So we will have to wait til Monday or whenever to find out.

By the way, the Luke and Noah storyline now spans about 6 hours.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2007, 06:56:03 pm »
... It's just a noble, wholesome, innocent, gay relationship... And it's beautiful, and it's good.
I believe the quote is "It's beautiful and funny and good."  ;)

I'm a little worried about what is going to happen to Luke.
You and me both because the Colonel is one evil bastard - Del Mar, Senior variety.  Being a daytime drama, they'll drag it out for oh, years, likely.  I'm voting that Luke gets seriously wounded, Noah nurses him back to health, but he's got amnesia... ::)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2007, 06:58:19 pm »
Here's a little fanvid someone made when I asked them to... I love it. The music blares a little though, so you might need to turn it down a bit.

[youtube=425,350]rJY9YV78rj4[/youtube]

Can't Fight This Feeling by Reo Speedwagon

I cant fight this feeling any longer
And yet Im still afraid to let it flow
What started out as friendship, has grown stronger
I only wish I had the strength to let it show

I tell myself that I cant hold out forever
I said there is no reason for my fear
Cause I feel so secure when were together
You give my life direction
You make everything so clear

And even as I wander
Im keeping you in sight
Youre a candle in the window
On a cold, dark winters night
And Im getting closer than I ever thought I might

And I cant fight this feeling anymore
Ive forgotten what I started fighting for
Its time to bring this ship into the shore
And throw away the oars, forever

Cause I cant fight this feeling anymore
And if I have to crawl upon the floor
Come crashing through your door
Baby, I cant fight this feeling anymore

My life has been such a whirlwind since I saw you
Ive been running round in circles in my mind
And it always seems that Im following you, girl
Cause you take me to the places that alone Id never find

And even as I wander Im keeping you in sight
Youre a candle in the window on a cold, dark winters night
And Im getting closer than I ever thought I might

And I cant fight this feeling anymore
Its time to bring this ship into the shore
And throw away the oars, forever

Cause I cant fight this feeling anymore
And if I have to crawl upon the floor
Come crushing through your door
Baby, I cant fight this feeling anymore.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2007, 07:05:14 pm »
I believe the quote is "It's beautiful and funny and good."  ;)
You and me both because the Colonel is one evil bastard - Del Mar, Senior variety.  Being a daytime drama, they'll drag it out for oh, years, likely.  I'm voting that Luke gets seriously wounded, Noah nurses him back to health, but he's got amnesia... ::)

Is THAT where I got it from? I've been saying "It's beautiful, and it's good" for some time now... lol... Didn't connect it with Latter Days though.

Is it funny? I guess it is in a way... but some parts are sad too... beautifully so.  I'm one of these people that thinks sad is beautiful... a Lacrimanphile. (lover of tears)

Some of the Nuke fans think that Luke will be paralyzed (see the preview at the end of the last part) and that Noah nurses him back to health... basically as a way of extending the romance before the sex lovemaking scene, so that its (and I'm gonna quote it here) "really LOVE and not just SEX".

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2007, 07:30:38 pm »
but she said she had to get off them because they were enveloping too much of her life.

Can you imagine such a thing happening to someone?   :laugh:
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2007, 07:34:57 pm »
Parts 79 and 80 of the Luke and Noah story...  If its going slow (due to massive download), play it a bit then rewind it to the beginning.

[youtube=425,350]SQkAroGK4MM[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]CQofcN_PYKU[/youtube]

I think there's another part coming today, but not sure...

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2007, 09:06:20 pm »
Damn you, Daniel!!!   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I spent the better part of a whole DAY catching up with this stuff and you leave me with THIS!???!!!   ::) :D :D

Sigh...Luke and Noah - very hot, not nearly enough kisses, and too much other people angst to slog thru  ::).

And what about Dusty?  Man, that dude does it for me in a big way also.   :D

This just ain't right.

(Rant over)

Seriously nice to see a daytime drama to feature a homosexual relationship so progressively and appropriately characterize the homophobe as psycho.  Good story line and I'm happy to see so many people invested in Luke and Noah's story over in that poll.

Thanks very much for sharing all this with us.

Anyone else notice Luke searching the fridge for a condiment?  :D

Yeah, what she said, i done sat here all evening soaking this up like a sponge, thankful some of it was missing sound and make me jump ahead and damn, all the hell the wasps can do is kill the out guy. I should have never started, now I'll waste tomorrow night watching what happens. Damn soap operas. I thought them things were 20 years behind me.

Fuck!
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2007, 09:14:17 pm »
Can you imagine such a thing happening to someone?   :laugh:

Actually I can imagine this. When soap operas are very well written, and trust me, these guys are excellent writers or they wouldn't still be employed, soap operas are like multi-layered decadent, rich chocolates. Only as soon as you finish one layer and begin to taste the next one, they come along and take it out of your mouth. So yes, I can see how a person can get really wrapped up in this.

Yeah, what she said, i done sat here all evening soaking this up like a sponge, thankful some of it was missing sound and make me jump ahead and damn, all the hell the wasps can do is kill the out guy. I should have never started, now I'll waste tomorrow night watching what happens. Damn soap operas. I thought them things were 20 years behind me.

Fuck!

Alright, calm down. Try going back and seeing if the sound will work on the other ones now... this is an important storyline, and those precious Nuke moments are rare and far between. Before you start gettin worried about the "out guy", go back and really look at their lives and how rich and complex they are, and how much more meaningful Luke and Noah are making each others lives. That's the whole point of the relationship-thingy.

mvansand76

« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2007, 02:36:33 pm »
That was nicely done! The two actors definitely have chemistry together...

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2007, 03:09:17 pm »
Yes, I agree with you there... they're phenomenal actors... The characters are so deep and realistic, so many levels of things that they're still hiding from each other because of whatever.

Luke for example, keeps putting his hands in his pockets and shrugging his shoulders together and cringing his head down a bit. That's an interesting symbolic interplay for "Don't pay attention to me." or "I don't deserve the attention I'm getting." more likely. And what's more, he keeps doing it when Noah wants to kiss him... so I still think poor Luke has some stuff in his head he needs to work out.

Noah, on the other hand, is a little more brass and direct, which might be a very good sign usually. Except he doesn't seem to want to talk about his past much, and I think that something might catch up to him a little later on. If we can remember back to Noah's first appearance, he seemed quite reluctant to tell Maddie and Luke what was keeping him in Branson, or why it was so difficult to get out of Missouri. And Colonel Meyer later confirmed that Noah was "hanging out with the wrong crowd" in Missouri.... so there's something going on there that could rear its ugly head in the near or distant future.