Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8904919 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #1580 on: January 08, 2008, 04:16:49 pm »
Ok, now that I've got some free time, here is the stupid event that took place.

Someone in my company, somewhere, had a broken fax machine.  Had no clue where to ask for assistance, so they sent an email out.  To EVERYONE in the bank.

As if that wasn't bad enough, people began replying to it, over and over, using the "Reply to All" key, and this one simple email ending up clogging everyone's inbox with almost 80 replies.

and I have to copy and paste them all here, because you will not believe the stupidity you will see.   I am posting them in the order they arrived, so you can see how people continued to go on and on, despite being asked to stop.

:laugh:

Names will be "xed" out.    Keep in mind, these replies came from all different people....now, let's begin at the beginning.....

9:34am     Branch 2105 fax is out of service

9:36am     What is the fax number?

9:38am     ? ? ? ?  why am i getting this email??  thanks!

9:39am      This went to all recipients...please do not reply to this e-mail (first attempt to break the chain)

9:39am     For all phone and fax issues you need to contact the TSC by using one of the three very convenient ways of doing so:  (provides long list)

9:40am     Please remove me from your distribution list.

9:40am     ME Too!!!

9:40am    why are we getting this e-mail? ? ? ?

9:41am    Me, too

9:42am    Yea why am I as well?

9:42am    Me too??

9:42am    Please disregard this email regarding a fax!  (3rd attempt to stop chain)

9:42am    why am i getting these e-mail... ? ? ?  

9:42am    Enough...  (4th attempt)

9:42am    Hello?

9:43am    Please remove me as well.

9:43am    okay

9:43am    whats going on?

9:44am    Please remove FTP Support as well.  Thank you.

9:44am    Stop emailing reply to all!!!!  (5th attempt to break chain)

9:44am    STOP

9:44am    please stop reply to this email, everyone is getting  the responses! (6th)

9:44am    Please remove me from this distribution list.

9:44am    PLEASE DO NOT REPLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (7th attempt to break chain)

9:45am    ok

9:45am    ur getting this because it was sent to all mail reciepients and people keep hitting replay to all plz STOP REPLYING to this e-mail -  thank you  (8th attempt)

9:45am    If the e-mail doesn’t apply to you, please just disregard it. There is no need to reply to all. It was sent to everyone in the hope that it would reach the correct person.  (9th attempt to stop chain)

9:46am   it's not that difficult to ignore the email

9:46am   Hi All,  Please disregard this email.  Thanks  (10th attempt to stop chain)

9:46am   Can everyone please STOP replying to all  (11th attempt)

9:46am   PLEASE stop replying!  The issue is not that you were included ....it was sent to all recipients ...that was the mistake....you are filling up everyone's email with these!!!!!!!  (12th attempt)

9:46am    What is going on? ? ? ? ? ? ? where am i getting these emails from

9:46am    Can WE PLEASE STOP REPLYING TO EVERYONE.  (13th attempt)

9:46am    Personally i feel apart of the company community more when i get these emails.

9:46am    Please don't 'Reply All'!!!!!!  No need for all of us to be getting useless emails!!!!!!  (14th attempt)

9:47am    i know when they all keep comin thats annoying, dag!

9:47am    Please stop responding to these emails.  It was sent in error.  Thanks  (15th attempt to stop chain)

9:47am    are we serious?? please everyone just stop replying... can we get back to work now!  (16th attempt)

9:47am    Its an email just delete it, the more you all ask why your getting it, floods more people’s mail boxes…  (17th attempt)

9:47am    To everyone, please stop replying to ALL.  (18th attempt)

Interjection here.......

Funny, isn't it, that everyone is saying to stop replying, but when they do that, they're actually replying as well?   We're not done yet.....back to the email

9:48am     Would everyone stop replying to this email?  I hate to add to it, but I'm tired of deleting these things.  Knock it off!  (18th attempt)

9:48am     Folks, this is not funny. Everytime you reply all it gets distributed to everyone. If you wish you contact the person who sent it, please hit REPLY. not REPLY ALL.  (19th attempt)

9:48am     It appears an email was sent in error at 9:33 AM regarding a Branch FAX that is out of service   Please discontinue responding to this email.  (20th attempt)

9:49am     If we all stop responding it will go away

9:49am     dont yall have anything better to do.

9:49am     Madness!

9:50am     Okay everyone, use your common sense and just delete the email.  (21st attmept to break chain)

9:50am      i have no idea?

9:50am      Hey- Everyone. Stop replying. Your creating more crazy e-mails by wondering why you got a crazy e-mail!   (22nd attempt)

9:50am      To all, please stop sending e-mails to all recipients!  (23rd attempt)

9:51am       ok everyone.  Don't we have more important things to do. Just stop responding!!!   "X" from purchasing says;  Please disregard this email regarding a fax!  (24th attempt to break chain)

9:51am      Please stop responding to this email. Thanks  (25th)

9:52am     "X" - if your fax is out of service, please contact technical support; please do not send a notice to everyone in the bank!   if you have questions, please contact me directly.  thank you.

9:52am    me too? ? ? ? ? ?

9:53am    WHY IS EVERYONE THAT IS CONCERNED REPLYING TO ALL, AND NOT JUST THE PERSON WHO WROTE THE EMAIL?

9:54am     Please remove me from your distribution list.

9:54am     IT WAS A MISTAKE! Please stop replying that you want to be removed from the list.  Just disregard the e-mail instead. Thanks!  (26th attempt to break chain)

9:55am     thank u

9:55am      to everyone sending the emails to stop replying to all... stop replying PERIOD!  but personally... i think this is funny!  (27th attempt)

9:55am      Wow !!!!!! how can we stop this ??

9:56am      Everyone, please stop hitting reply to all - Someone sent an email to everyone in error and it is multiplying.  Please don't reply to anything.  Delete and empty your box.   (28th attempt)

9:56am      Please stop.

9:57am      Hey, wonder what the status of the faulty fax machine is…………………

9:57am       our fax machine works here, please stop the emails

9:58am      ahhhhhh!! when will the maddness end?!?!

9:58am      Please remove "X" from this list!

9:59am      please do not hit reply to all  (29th attempt)

9:59am      What's for lunch?

10:00am    Does anyone know why i can't get a fax through to branch 2105?

10:00am    People just can’t read to disregard a message and have to make an issue out of nothing.

10:00am    please please stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10:01am   Mr X. just (bank president)  called, he said he was going to fire anyone who keeps replying to this email. thank you. now get back to work!!!  (30th attempt to break chain)

10:01am     why are you all replying, it this email does not pertain to you..just ignore it

10:02am     HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

10:02am     Please remove "X" immediately!!!  Thank you.

and finally, it stoped!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I never laughed so hard in my life!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #1581 on: January 08, 2008, 04:28:38 pm »
 :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

The way those e-mails just kept coming and coming, it reminded me of Lucy and Ethel in the chocolate factory.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1582 on: January 08, 2008, 04:37:26 pm »

Wow...noone reads do they.??                           seems kind of apprapro 

BRAIN FREEZE         

Beautiful mind

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #1583 on: January 08, 2008, 04:45:55 pm »
thats Freakinhilrious
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #1584 on: January 08, 2008, 04:54:28 pm »
That baby looks like a great aent I used to have.  :laugh:
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #1585 on: January 08, 2008, 05:20:47 pm »

Bless her heart.. the poor thing.              ;D

Beautiful mind

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1586 on: January 08, 2008, 06:18:58 pm »
and finally, it stoped!

Nor I! 

That was certainly worth the wait to hear your explanation.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #1587 on: January 09, 2008, 07:47:40 am »

Happy Hump Day, BetterMost!!!!

I just realized it's been way too long since I've posted a poem.....geez *looks around*  where is that muse when I need her?

I'll need to find someplace quiet, and try to write something soon!

hope everyone's doing well today!    :-*

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1588 on: January 09, 2008, 08:00:17 am »
Morning, Chuck!

I put in 3:10 to Yuma last night and promptly fell asleep within the first 5 minutes! Gotta get used to working all day again. I'll try to stay awake and watch it tonite -- it's due back Thursday.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dagi

« Reply #1589 on: January 09, 2008, 08:37:48 am »

9:57am      Hey, wonder what the status of the faulty fax machine is…………………

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  Seems some people just know how to have fun at work! Thanks for sharing this event, Chuck, I laughed tears!

Dagi