Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8734151 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16300 on: December 02, 2019, 06:53:53 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Another weekend down, and welcome to December!

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!   I spent it with the family at my brother's in-law's place.

Spent Saturday doing the decorating at the apartment, and now I just need to get my cards mailed and my gifts wrapped and I'm good to go.

;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16301 on: December 02, 2019, 06:54:56 am »
Lois Lane's skirt looks a little "retro" to me.

Really? I was thinking the opposite. It’s a fashionable length and otherwise ordinary but fine. Same with the rest of her outfit — hairstyle, fitted shirt, etc. You must be more cutting edge than I am.

To be honest, I never really noticed what Lois is wearing. 

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16302 on: December 03, 2019, 06:56:09 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Oh my goodness, no rest for the weary this month.  This coming weekend I have the "baking marathon"  with my mom,  our usual Christmas cookie baking time.

The weekend after that I have a Christmas party.

The weekend after that, another Christmas party.

I'll need Christmas day off just to recover.  LOL

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16303 on: December 04, 2019, 12:30:53 am »
Oh my goodness, no rest for the weary this month.  This coming weekend I have the "baking marathon"  with my mom,  our usual Christmas cookie baking time.

The weekend after that I have a Christmas party.

The weekend after that, another Christmas party.

I'll need Christmas day off just to recover.  LOL

Sounds fun, though!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16304 on: December 04, 2019, 05:18:31 pm »
Lois Lane's skirt looks a little "retro" to me.

Really? I was thinking the opposite. It’s a fashionable length and otherwise ordinary but fine. Same with the rest of her outfit — hairstyle, fitted shirt, etc. You must be more cutting edge than I am.

I wasn't thinking about the length. Maybe it's just the angle, but I thought it looked a little narrow, or tight, at the knees, like I remember seeing on women decades ago. Is that style fashionable again?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16305 on: December 04, 2019, 10:42:27 pm »
I wasn't thinking about the length. Maybe it's just the angle, but I thought it looked a little narrow, or tight, at the knees, like I remember seeing on women decades ago. Is that style fashionable again?

Yes. Women did wear those decades ago. Then in the '50s, big fluffy skirts (al a June Cleaver) came in style. Then the '60s brought miniskirts, at some point maxis were kind of a small trend. Midi-skirts in the '70s-'80s, especially in a looseness that now looks dowdy (watch "Broadcast News" for a refresher on dowdy '80s fashion -- yet possibly back in style in a decade or two). By the '90s miniskirts were back! Since around the turn of the 21st century, various length and shapes of skirts have become simultaneously acceptable. Including the pencil skirt. Straight and tight, like TV (or comic) Lois Lane might have worn, probably to just below knee-length, stockings, high heels, maybe a crisp tucked-in (sorry, Lee!) shirt.

Modern Lois Lane is wearing that same basic thing in a more modern length. No stockings. And likely even a bit roomier than early Lois' skirt.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16306 on: December 05, 2019, 12:18:10 am »
Since around the turn of the 21st century, various length and shapes of skirts have become simultaneously acceptable. Including the pencil skirt. Straight and tight, like TV (or comic) Lois Lane might have worn, probably to just below knee-length, stockings, high heels, maybe a crisp tucked-in (sorry, Lee!) shirt.

Modern Lois Lane is wearing that same basic thing in a more modern length. No stockings. And likely even a bit roomier than early Lois' skirt.

So that's a pencil skirt? I've heard the term, and figured it was probably something like that, but I wasn't sure.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16307 on: December 05, 2019, 09:48:42 am »
So that's a pencil skirt? I've heard the term, and figured it was probably something like that, but I wasn't sure.

Basically, yes. Classically they're longer and more pencil-y.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16308 on: December 05, 2019, 12:16:21 pm »
Basically, yes. Classically they're longer and more pencil-y.

The way Lois' skirt fits around the knees in that picture makes me think of Carol Burnett's "Mrs. Wiggins" character.  ;D

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #16309 on: December 05, 2019, 12:38:58 pm »
The way Lois' skirt fits around the knees in that picture makes me think of Carol Burnett's "Mrs. Wiggins" character.  ;D