Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8746644 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16620 on: July 20, 2020, 05:16:51 pm »
Oh, yeah, I guess I never got around to mentioning that at first Bewitched! was on after my bedtime, too, but I was able to lie in bed and listen to it.

And yet, somehow, I always remembered the Halloween Candy episode.  ???

I just remember the episode where Darren refused the coat and became a cheapskate, for some reason. That episode also featured the Stephens having one of McMann & Tate's clients for dinner and Darren asking Samantha what she'd be serving. Chicken, she said. "Chicken?!!" said Darren, still in cheapskate mode. "Can't you serve something more economical, like veal?" Their relative prices were opposites back then, I guess. Plus apparently nobody refused veal to eat on moral grounds in them days.

I think I must have watched that episode in relatively recent years and remembered it because of all the anachronisms. Maybe that's where I developed my theory of "Bewitched as Feminist Allegory."

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16621 on: July 20, 2020, 05:21:42 pm »
I only recall a few bits of That Girl, too. But one comes back to me every time I use the word "muggy," which I did just the other day (it was hot and muggy here).

Ann got mugged in Central Park -- a guy grabbed her purse. Back in her apartment she told Donald about it. Suddenly, her father stopped in unexpectedly. As they were ushering him into the apartment, she said, "Donald was just talking about how muggy it is outside, and I said, don't mention it!"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #16622 on: July 26, 2020, 11:53:12 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Gosh, I've been away from my blog for some time!   Not good!

Work went well last week, and it was actually on the slow side, so while I was signed on to my laptop, I gave the kitchen and bathroom a complete cleaning. 

Saw my two brothers for lunch today (Sunday) and we spent about 2 hours catching up and laughing, so that was good.

The next two weeks will be on the busy side for me, as I have my month-end reports to start working on, which will be due by August 5th by noon, so that must be my focus.

Other than that, it's the same old-same old here.    I do have another 'stay-cation' planned for August, so there's that to look forward to.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16623 on: July 29, 2020, 08:17:12 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

had to do to the doctor's office on Tuesday.  I gave myself an ear infection.  ::)   At one point my ear canal was itchy, and I scratched it with a pen cap, and apparently cut my ear canal, and caused an infection.

Lesson learned.

Just passed 8:15, and the sun is going down.  ;D  Nice to see the darkness coming back to night time.  :)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16624 on: July 30, 2020, 10:10:30 am »
Just passed 8:15, and the sun is going down.  ;D  Nice to see the darkness coming back to night time.  :)

I find it horrible! Well, I don't mind the sun rising later in the morning and not shining in my eyes at 5 a.m. But I get depressed as I see the sun setting noticeably earlier. I used to be able to sit out on the patio reading until 10 and now it's more like 9.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16625 on: July 30, 2020, 05:15:35 pm »
I find it horrible! Well, I don't mind the sun rising later in the morning and not shining in my eyes at 5 a.m. But I get depressed as I see the sun setting noticeably earlier. I used to be able to sit out on the patio reading until 10 and now it's more like 9.

I'm with you there, I think hunnerd percent.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #16626 on: July 31, 2020, 07:11:34 am »

Make that three of us! I also noticed it's already halfway dark at 9:30PM and I hate it!  :laugh:

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16627 on: July 31, 2020, 09:31:59 am »
Make that three of us! I also noticed it's already halfway dark at 9:30PM and I hate it!  :laugh:

Our other holiday's evil twin: Shorterdays.  :-\

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16628 on: July 31, 2020, 04:27:48 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

TGIF to you all!   *looks at clock*  just a few minutes left to the work day, and then I can shut down for the weekend.  ;D

We got word today that we will no longer be reporting to work in September as originally planned, but rather waiting until January of 2021.

No major plans for the weekend, so I can just chill out, which is always good.  This evening is grocery pick up time, so I'll have to make sure I have my mask handy.

I was going to say "remembering Rich today", but I remember him daily.

Our other holiday's evil twin: Shorterdays.  :-\

I like it when it gets darker.  LOL   I think that perhaps I shouldn't have been raised in the Catholic religion, but rather the Wiccan religion.

I enjoy marking the time through the year, and the Wiccan religion has all of its holidays on what I call 'seasonal marks'.

Yule: Celebrated at the Winter Solstice, Yule is the celebration of the Goddess giving birth to the God.

Imbolc: Celebrated on February 2, it is the time when the first plantings of spring crops occur. It is also considered to be a time of spiritual cleansing and renewal of vows.

Ostara: Celebrated at the Spring Equinox in March, this sabbat represents a new beginning partly because it marks the beginning of longer days and shorter nights. It also marks the union of the God and Goddess and therefore symbolizes fertility.

Beltane: Celebrated on May 1, it represents the end of the planting season and the beginning of harvesting. It also represents fertility, as the celebration often involves loosened rules for fidelity.

Litha: Celebrated at the Summer Solstice, this sabbat represents the peak of the God's strength. It may involve lighting large bonfires to ward off evil spirits.

Lughnasadh: Celebrated on August 1, this is a time when the Goddess turns over control to the God. It is a time of feasts and craft festivals.

Mabon: Celebrated at the Autumn Equinox, Mabon represents the balance between light and dark, as it is the day that nights start becoming longer than days. It is officially the Pagan day of Thanksgiving.

Samhain: Celebrated on Halloween, Samhain means the end of summer and the beginning of winter. On this night, the dead are said to be able to communicate with the living in order to be with and celebrate with their families.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16629 on: August 01, 2020, 06:59:55 pm »
Hmm ... interesting that this pagan post appeared on page ... 1666!! Dah dah daaahhhhh ...  :o