Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8915091 times)

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #7180 on: November 01, 2009, 08:43:30 pm »
You can have some of our sunshine.  There's plenty to spare and WITHOUT the humidity.   YAY

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka... Rob
« Reply #7181 on: November 02, 2009, 07:26:30 am »

Thanks for dropping by my blog to wish me a Happy Halloween, Chuck.  But I'm afraid the holiday turned out to be a bit of a headache.   :P  I checked out a spooky DVD from Blockbuster, and then I stopped off at the grocery store on the way home and left the thing in the cart.  So not only did I not get to watch my movie, but now I have to pay for the thing.   :-\

That's sad, Gary. What a bummer.  :P

Hey, you're looking great these days.
You'd better slow down on the brandy, 'though.
It's playing havoc with your blood vessels.   :laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #7182 on: November 02, 2009, 07:48:04 am »

Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

Wow, Gary.....that's a bummer about the DVD!  Hope it's not too expensive to replace.

And that image....well......I think you need to see a doctor about that wound.   You're looking a little pale too....perhaps some sun is in order?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #7183 on: November 02, 2009, 10:54:11 am »
 :) :)
Morning Chuckie

Offline dejavu

« Reply #7184 on: November 02, 2009, 04:43:56 pm »
Good evening, Chuck
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #7185 on: November 03, 2009, 07:54:47 am »

Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

Happy Tuesday!

Well, let's see.....today is election day, and the NJ Gov. race is too close to call.  I'm hoping that Corzine will pull ahead and win.

Truth be told, I don't like either candidate.  However, Republican Chris Christie has stated point blank that if gay marriage legislation should pass his desk, he will NOT sign it.  Corzine has said he approves of gay marriage.  I can't bring myself to vote for someone who is willing to deny me my civil rights.

I'll also be watching Maine closely, and I hope that Leslie and everyone who has been working so hard to keep marrige legal in Maine has a reason to celebrate tonight.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • aka... Rob
« Reply #7186 on: November 03, 2009, 08:15:10 am »

How come gay marriage has to be KEPT legal in Maine ?
I would have thought, once it was legal, it would have to stay that way.  ???

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • aka... Rob
« Reply #7187 on: November 03, 2009, 08:26:40 am »

Oh oh, Have to get to bed.
Monthly breakfast meet for Chamber of Commerce tomorrow at 7 a.m, and it will take nearly 2 hours to get there.
(let's see, that's leave at 5, which means get up at 4.15 ... it's now 11.25 p.m...... only 8 hours work tomorrow ... but have a dinner on tomorrow night ....)
OMG. No wonder I don't get much time on BM !
Lucky I'll be a lot closer next month.  :)

Hey, it was 38C in Sydney today. (about 100 F or so), and it's only Spring  :o

Have a great day, all you cooool people.  :)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #7188 on: November 03, 2009, 09:12:00 am »
How come gay marriage has to be KEPT legal in Maine ?
I would have thought, once it was legal, it would have to stay that way.  ???

The law can be changed or repealed.  I hope the article explains it better than I can.

The Nation: Marriage In Maine In Dead Heat

by Daniel Chandler

Today, November 3, the people of Maine will decide whether to keep a law, passed just six months ago, that made Maine the fifth state (of six) to legalize gay marriage. Polls are predicting a nail-biting finish, with the most recent showing those in favor of repeal ahead by 51 to 47 percent, effectively a tie (the poll has a 2.9 percent margin of error). With early voting already underway, both sides are ramping up their campaigns to reach out to Maine's voters and to ensure strong turnouts in this unusually intense off-year campaign.

A victory for the "No on 1" campaign would be the nation's first popular vote in support of gay marriage. It would build on momentum from a string of important victories in Vermont, Iowa and New Hampshire earlier this year. It would put an end to more than thirty consecutive defeats of marriage equality at the ballot box — including California's Proposition 8 one year ago — as states across the country have passed constitutional amendments defining marriage as between one man and one woman. (A 2006 vote in Arizona which rejected such a constitutional amendment is the only exception, but that was followed by a 2008 measure banning gay marriage which passed by a comfortable margin.) A defeat on Tuesday would be a major blow, reinforcing the argument that gay marriage has been won only through the actions of "liberal elites" in state courts and legislatures.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=120045772

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #7189 on: November 04, 2009, 07:55:39 am »
Hiya BetterMost.

Not a good day.

Republican Chris Chirstie won here in NJ, and gay marriage law was repealed in Maine.