Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8735588 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #650 on: November 17, 2007, 11:23:16 am »
And there is absolutly no way to defend speachlessness except to remain speechless.  :laugh:

O-well!
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #651 on: November 17, 2007, 01:03:06 pm »
Well now since it is the weekend do you feel better Chuck  ;) I hope so.

And to Truman's comment about not getting anything done cause of being here, I can certainly relate to that. I'm supposed to be on here working on all these class assignments and here I am on Bettermost instead. And the funny thing is that two of my assignments are discussion questions so I should be good at that, right? But for some reason discussing how the law and norms and such regulate the internet just doesn't sound like much fun to write about right now. Talking about hard drives, floppy disks, dongles, dangles and other such stuff isn't either and that is the other class I am supposed to be working on.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #652 on: November 17, 2007, 01:10:54 pm »
dongles,

Dongles? That's a new technical term on me.  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #653 on: November 17, 2007, 01:23:59 pm »
A dongle is a small hardware device that connects to a computer to authenticate a piece of software. When the dongle is not present, the software runs in a restricted mode or refuses to run.

So as you can see, having a dongle can be very important  ;)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #654 on: November 17, 2007, 01:36:16 pm »
A dongle is a small hardware device that connects to a computer to authenticate a piece of software. When the dongle is not present, the software runs in a restricted mode or refuses to run.

So as you can see, having a dongle can be very important  ;)

Heaven forbid that one should be dongle-less.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #655 on: November 17, 2007, 01:56:20 pm »
lmao!

Ok, firstly, the "bar fly" is not one of the terms.  You're close, though.

Secondly, I must say, I could be wrong with these definitions.  The first two were explained to me by a drag queen in NYC bar called "Pieces" at a karaoke show.  The 3rd by a waitress that claimed that was ther title.

Fag Hag:  A woman who hangs out with gay men, and has an attraction to them.  Possibly gets them drunk hoping something will happen.

Fruit Fly:  A woman who hangs out with gay men because she enjoys their company.

Flame Dame:  A woman that gay men love/idolize.  Could be famous, or non famous.

That is all very demeaning Chuck, Chuckie, Charles..........
          You dont think very highly of women if you think like that...very stereotypically mean.

Beautiful mind

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #656 on: November 17, 2007, 02:16:21 pm »
That is all very demeaning Chuck, Chuckie, Charles..........
You dont think very highly of women if you think like that...very stereotypically mean.

If I offended you, Jan, or any of the great women here on this board, I apologize!

My life would not be what it is now without the support of all the straight women I have met, and love.  I use terms like that with humor in mind, and often use terms that others may find offensive as humor.

Like the "fanny pack" that I have, which I refer to as my "fag bag", or "mariconera" (I was told this was the Spanish equivilent).

In fact, a few years ago, I explained the difference between a "fag hag" and a "fruit fly" on a music website.  My screen name there was "ChuckD"  A month after, there was a softball game where a bunch of the members met up. 10 of the women arrived and greeted me wearing computer generated t-shirts that said "ChuckD's Fruit Flies".  They knew I had meant it all in fun.

And because of that, I always assume that everyone will respond that way, which is wrong.

So again, I apologize.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #657 on: November 17, 2007, 02:22:01 pm »

No harm done.  I had just ran back thru your blog to find that, after seeing some reference to it later on.
It just seemed that there was no room for any other reasons to have a woman as a friend.  Some true, and
unincumbered friendship,,or caring..
        So moving on........... :)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 08:46:13 pm by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #658 on: November 17, 2007, 05:46:32 pm »

Hello BetterMost.

I spent the morning with my friends (a married couple) who had the unfortunate task of laying her father and his father-in-law to rest today.  It was an unexpected death.

Also spent some time reviewing some of the more serious blog entries in this section of the forum, and it has me thinking of when I was planning my own suicide.

It wasn't long after graduation from high school.  I was never the "big man on campus".  Hell, I wasn't even "man on campus".  Spent most of my time in school on the run from others who had made me a target.  I wasn't "out" but apparently, it was known (assumed) who I was, and I took a lot of verbal and physical abuse for it.  Everyone I knew was happy for graduation, to move on to the next phase of life.  I was happy to be away from them, and took a job at a local supermarket.

Downfall, that same market hired a few of the guys I was running from, so the abuse just moved from school to work, in the form of sexually explict graffitti and slurs about me on the walls of the men's and women's room.  The restrooms were opened to the public, and I was the only Chuck in the place, so it was pretty obvious who was being written about.  It was 1987, and no protection for "sexual orientation" on company records.  When I took the issue to my bosses, the response was "If we repaint the restrooms, they'll only do it again."

I felt I couldn't quit, and explain to my parents why.  Not ready to take that step, so way before Brokeback, I learned if you couldn't fix it, you had to stand it.

The last straw came when a customer decided to pic a fight with me, and called me a 'homo' on my register in front of other customers.

When it was time to go, I walked over to the pharmacy section, grabbed a bottle of sleeping pills, and stuff it in my back pack.  Took them to my room that night with a bottle of water, and finding myself without words, wrote the words to this song on a sheet of paper, and planned that as my note.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIBzbdo2LjU[/youtube]

After getting the top off the bottle, I thought of my parents finding me that way the next day, and couldn't do that to them.  I shredded the lyrics, and went to the bathroom and flushed the pills, telling myself that God doesn't give you more than you can bear.

20 years later, I look back remembering that I had no idea things would get better.  I remember that pain, and I'm quite surprised I am here to tell the tale.  It hurt like hell, then.  It was the darkest period of my life, and I hope to never be there again....

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #659 on: November 17, 2007, 06:08:02 pm »
          That is all very demeaning.

Terms like fag hag and fruit fly are demeaning and mean, but they're no worse than some of the terms we apply to some of our own, like (forgive me), dairy queen.   :(