Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8865370 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #680 on: November 20, 2007, 09:49:44 am »
Awww Chuckie!
You're the best!
Yet another reason to love you!
Natalie Merchant is one of my all time favorites!!!
I have loved her since the 10,000 maniacs days in the mid 80's!!

You ain't foolin' anybody. You ain't old enough to remember the mid '80s.  ;)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #681 on: November 20, 2007, 10:05:35 am »

He's older than me, and I remember the 80s!

*points at Rich, and giggles*

He's older than me!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #682 on: November 20, 2007, 10:22:29 am »
I love Natalie Merchant.  Great way to start my day.  Thank You!

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #683 on: November 20, 2007, 11:05:16 am »
Chuck, how do you remember the 80s that well? You must have got into music early on. I know I started listening to music almost from birth, but I don't think everyone starts listening that early. I guess it is possible, but still if we begin the mid 1980s with 1985 that and end in 1989 that would be 1 - 4 years. Of course, the way they keep playing music over and over and over it is conceivable that you can turn on the radio and hear songs from any year. It's always funny to me that college students have posters up their dorm rooms of music groups such as the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, the Doors, the Mamas and the Papas and on and on. The most unusual thing I ever saw was when I went with our Resnet person to help a student and he had a vinyl album in its cover there. The title was Liberaces's Greatest Hits.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #684 on: November 20, 2007, 11:31:16 am »
The most unusual thing I ever saw was when I went with our Resnet person to help a student and he had a vinyl album in its cover there. The title was Liberaces's Greatest Hits.

:o  :o  :o  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

I didn't have band posters. I had the first Star Wars movie, and Charlie's Angels.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #685 on: November 20, 2007, 11:42:37 am »
I love that song Chuck, Natalie Merchant is cool, I like her better than 10,000 Maniacs. I saw them once open up for REM and the whole show was just horible, it was at UT in Knoxville and the whole show was being run by Nazis. Later Peter Buck and the Opie guy from REM showed up at this bar I was at and were great. I kept hoping Michael Stipe would show up, he was probably hiding in a closet someplace.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

karen1129

« Reply #686 on: November 20, 2007, 01:21:30 pm »
How about "Twisted Sister"?   ;D

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #687 on: November 20, 2007, 03:04:05 pm »

I just love you!!!  ;D

Trust me brother, I remember most of it. Some parts i wish I didn't and the rest are lost in a fog of alcohol and well just lost!
I graduated HS in 1984 from 84 to about 90 I was hell on wheels!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #688 on: November 20, 2007, 03:10:56 pm »
Chuck, how do you remember the 80s that well? You must have got into music early on.

My parents had me listening to the radio when I was still in single digits, in the 70's.  Mom was a "dancing queen" and loved 70s disco.

I grew up listening to Donna Summer, Chic, France Joli, Abba, Village People....all that good stuff.

Round about high school, I started listening to pop/new wave stuff like Duran Duran, Motels, Flock of Seagulls, Nena, as well as the dance music that was big like Shannon, Alisha, Cover Girls, Taylor Dayne, Stacey Q., Sweet Sensation, Stevie B.

I still love dance music, and listen to pop stuff, but like rock now as well, Nickelback, Evanesence, Daughtry, 3 Doors Down.

Oh, and because of BBM and my trip to Texas, I now listen to country.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #689 on: November 20, 2007, 03:16:42 pm »
I just love you!!!  ;D

Trust me brother, I remember most of it. Some parts i wish I didn't and the rest are lost in a fog of alcohol and well just lost!
I graduated HS in 1984 from 84 to about 90 I was hell on wheels!

Little Darlin', you're still hell on wheels. That's one reason why we love you so much!  ;D  :-*