Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8733877 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #17100 on: April 26, 2021, 08:36:31 am »
Now you've made me hungry for hotdogs.

I hope you had something to eat and drink during that 8-hour yard sale. Did you buy anything?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #17101 on: April 28, 2021, 09:13:06 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

I am officially double vaxxed today! 

I await to see what tomorrow brings.  When I got the first one, I had some mild reactions (chills and feeling run down), so I'm anticipating getting some sort of reaction tomorrow.   Dad got his second shot with me today.  Chris and mom get their second shot tomorrow.

Lots of changes at work, some that impact me, but not in a negative way.   The bank has reorganized some departments, so my team got a few new people, and some new accounts that I'll have to tend to now.  I'm sure it will be a busier work load, but it shouldn't be overwhelming.

At least I hope not.

Now you've made me hungry for hotdogs.

I hope you had something to eat and drink during that 8-hour yard sale. Did you buy anything?

So, did ya have any hotdogs?   It had been a while since I had any, so it was a nice change.

Regarding the yard sale, I didn't buy anything.  I did help them take down the tables and pack away the unsold stuff.   As for eating and drinking, yes.  We ordered sandwiches for lunch, and then after the sale was over, we ordered pizza.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17102 on: May 06, 2021, 09:04:23 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

I hope everyone is doing well!!

I've been doing some shopping lately.  I ordered myself a few new shirts to wear, I was tired of the plain t-shirts.  I ordered some t-shirts with designs on them, and then two light-weight, short sleeved hoodies.

I also got myself two hats that are light weight, wide-brimmed, and a flap in the back, so my ears and neck are protected from the sun when I go walking.

Still working from home, but we received an email today saying we may go back to the office in July at one point.  We'll see.

Mother's Day is coming up, I'll be seeing mom and dad on Sunday for mom's special day.

Other than that, things have pretty much been the same.

How are you all?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #17103 on: May 07, 2021, 12:00:57 pm »
Another year older, and not a penny richer.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #17104 on: May 08, 2021, 03:23:50 am »
How are you all?

Hopeful! :)
Three of my family have their first vaccination shot with the second one coming soon. My husband is now eligible for vaccination, which leaves only my son to wait longer. The third wave in Germany and Europe seems to have broken, even if it's still a while to go. States tentatively start to loose some restrictions, which gives me new hope for travelling!
Today, we'll have two guests for a BBQ for the first time since last summer. I can't believe how much I'm looking forward to it :laugh:

I had hoped to be able to travel in June, but as of now, this might be too early. But as long as our family vacation end of July/early August can take place, it's ok with me. I can switch my June travel plans to September. Or go on short notice in June, if possible.

I can see a light at the end of the pandemic tunnel O0
Other than that, business as usual, which is a good thing for me.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #17105 on: May 08, 2021, 06:24:52 am »
I also got myself two hats that are light weight, wide-brimmed, and a flap in the back, so my ears and neck are protected from the sun when I go walking.

Tell me about it, if you want.

I took up walking about a year ago after 52 years of hating and refusing any kind of sports :laugh:.

I had re-gained some weight, which is bad for my diabetes, thus the motivation. So April 2020 I took on jogging, but after only three times my knee burst, so to speak. The orthopedist found my patella is somehow not correctly aligned, which I never before noticed, since I didn't do any sports. Long story short he told me to start power-walking. It's like Nordic walking, but with weights (bar-bells) instead of sticks.
After almost a year of fighting with those damn additional weights and recurring shoulder problems I decided to ditch them completely. Now I go either power-walking without the weights (same motion sequence however, looks stupid but I don't care) or alternatively I take my sticks and go Nordic walking.

I started very low-key, twice a week for 30 minutes each. Meanwhile I go walking three times a week, twice for 50 to 60 minutes and once for 80 minutes. So far it's not working in regard to weight-loss, and it drives me crazy. But I've gotten more fit, clearly a difference to one year ago, and I keep my weight in check at least.

I still do not enjoy doing sports, even after a year. It's still a nuisance every time
but I stick to my schedule, no matter the weather. And I do enjoy the feeling afterwards, I'm proud of my progress and my stubbornness.

What kind of walking are you doing?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #17106 on: May 08, 2021, 10:11:24 pm »
Three of my family have their first vaccination shot with the second one coming soon. My husband is now eligible for vaccination, which leaves only my son to wait longer.

I remember when Oliver started school. He must be at university by now.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17107 on: May 08, 2021, 11:25:25 pm »
Hopeful! :)

Three of my family have their first vaccination shot with the second one coming soon. My husband is now eligible for vaccination, which leaves only my son to wait longer. The third wave in Germany and Europe seems to have broken, even if it's still a while to go. States tentatively start to loose some restrictions, which gives me new hope for travelling!  Today, we'll have two guests for a BBQ for the first time since last summer. I can't believe how much I'm looking forward to it :laugh:

I had hoped to be able to travel in June, but as of now, this might be too early. But as long as our family vacation end of July/early August can take place, it's ok with me. I can switch my June travel plans to September. Or go on short notice in June, if possible.

I can see a light at the end of the pandemic tunnel O0
Other than that, business as usual, which is a good thing for me.

Hello Chrissi!  I'm glad to hear that three of your family have their first vaccines!  I hope your son is able to get his first soon.   I'm sure you'll have a great time at the bbq.  I know when I went to my friends' house for a backyard gathering, you could just feel how excited the attendees were to see everyone again.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17108 on: May 08, 2021, 11:27:59 pm »
Tell me about it, if you want.

I took up walking about a year ago after 52 years of hating and refusing any kind of sports :laugh:.

I had re-gained some weight, which is bad for my diabetes, thus the motivation. So April 2020 I took on jogging, but after only three times my knee burst, so to speak. The orthopedist found my patella is somehow not correctly aligned, which I never before noticed, since I didn't do any sports. Long story short he told me to start power-walking. It's like Nordic walking, but with weights (bar-bells) instead of sticks.
After almost a year of fighting with those damn additional weights and recurring shoulder problems I decided to ditch them completely. Now I go either power-walking without the weights (same motion sequence however, looks stupid but I don't care) or alternatively I take my sticks and go Nordic walking.

I started very low-key, twice a week for 30 minutes each. Meanwhile I go walking three times a week, twice for 50 to 60 minutes and once for 80 minutes. So far it's not working in regard to weight-loss, and it drives me crazy. But I've gotten more fit, clearly a difference to one year ago, and I keep my weight in check at least.

I still do not enjoy doing sports, even after a year. It's still a nuisance every time
but I stick to my schedule, no matter the weather. And I do enjoy the feeling afterwards, I'm proud of my progress and my stubbornness.

What kind of walking are you doing?

I'm not doing any special kind of walking.  I just put on my sneakers and go out for a walk.  I downloaded an app on my phone that acts as a pedometer, and was counting my steps per day.  I was horrified at how stationary I had become.  It's not good.  I've now set a goal to walk an extra 2,000 steps a day, which is the distance of one mile.  It's not a lot, but it's better than sitting in the apartment all day doing nothing.  After some time, I'll increase the steps per day.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #17109 on: May 09, 2021, 10:22:36 am »

I'm not doing any special kind of walking.  I just put on my sneakers and go out for a walk.  I downloaded an app on my phone that acts as a pedometer, and was counting my steps per day.  I was horrified at how stationary I had become.  It's not good.  I've now set a goal to walk an extra 2,000 steps a day, which is the distance of one mile.  It's not a lot, but it's better than sitting in the apartment all day doing nothing.  After some time, I'll increase the steps per day.

Ah, I see. An extra mile a day is good! :)
I'm also using apps: counting steps, measuring distance, speed, etc. I love it! It helps me to stay motivated since it makes it easy to see progress. I keep tabs over my times and distances, meaning writing them down on a calendar and adding them at the end of the month. I know the apps do that too, but I don't always take my phone with me, I know the distances of my regular rounds.
Oh, the joy of seeing how many kilometers I've walked in a month or how many hours I've exercised. :laugh: