Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8745743 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #17550 on: June 20, 2022, 06:17:31 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

Last day of stay-cation has arrived!

:(

It's been a good week off.  I got a bunch of stuff done around the apartment, had lunch with friends a few times, celebrated Father's Day, and relaxed.

Today I really slept well.  I went to bed at almost midnight last night, and slept through to 9am.  I normally don't sleep that long.

Back to work tomorrow, hopefully it's not a stressful day!  LOL  I know that sounds bad, having just been off work for so long, but I'd like to ease back into the workload, if possible.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17551 on: June 27, 2022, 07:30:04 pm »

I hope everyone is well!

Does anyone have any plans for Independence Day weekend?   I'll be going over to a friend's house on Friday for pizza and fireworks.  Other than that, the weekend is pretty open.

Work has been going well, thankfully not too busy.   

I'm working from the office until Wednesday this week.  Mom and dad are having some work done on the exterior of their home, so the workers' van will be in the driveway.  The streets by their home has only 1 or 2 hour parking, so I would have to go out and move my car every few hours or so, it's just not worth it, so I will just work at the office.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17552 on: June 27, 2022, 08:57:56 pm »
Hi Chuck and everyone,
For the Fourth, my son and his wife have invited the family to a mountain town near here to share a big suite. Let's see. It will be 7 people in my daughter's family, 3 in my son's family, and me. A nice crowd! (True to form, my ex has bowed out). Son and wife are competing in a bicycle race, so I'm looking forward to spending time with my 3-month-old granddaughter.

I had a great trip to SW Colorado. When I got home, though, there was a notification on my front door that I have to remove a large pile of chips by July 3. I was planning to use half this pile on my landscape, and make the other half available to neighbors who had expressed interest in having some. Almost all those neighbors have "ghosted" me though. I could absorb all of the chips onto my yard but I've been working on it for 3 days and the pile has barely grown smaller.   
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17553 on: July 02, 2022, 06:43:45 pm »

Hope everyone is doing well!

Looks like I'm having a quiet holiday weekend, which is just fine!   Saw friends last night for dinner at my friends' house, and then we went out on their porch, and watched a firework display.  It was done in a field not far from their home, and they went far up enough that we could see them over the houses.

Won't be seeing mom and dad tomorrow, as their church is having a holiday bbq that day, and they're going to support it.  We'll be getting together on Monday.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17554 on: July 02, 2022, 09:11:49 pm »
Isn't it nice when you can watch fireworks like that? Tomorrow night I should be able to stand at my windows and see some from the ballpark after tomorrow's baseball game.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17555 on: July 03, 2022, 10:29:05 am »
Isn't it nice when you can watch fireworks like that? Tomorrow night I should be able to stand at my windows and see some from the ballpark after tomorrow's baseball game.

It's great watching fireworks like that!  No need to deal with a crowd,  food and drink whenever we wanted it,  quick access to a bathroom when needed, it was perfect!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17556 on: July 03, 2022, 05:45:23 pm »

I saw post-baseball fireworks in Denver one year (I was in the stadium) and they were probably the most spectacular I've ever seen.

I went to my ex-husband's family's for a BBQ yesterday. That was pretty fun; we all still get along. Tonight I'm getting together with a couple of neighbors, first for drinks in the bar downstairs then to the roof to watch fireworks that for some reason a neighboring city does on the 3rd. Then tomorrow we'll go up on the roof again and will be able to see them going off in locations around the metro area, some close, some distant.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17557 on: July 03, 2022, 08:59:00 pm »

It's great watching fireworks like that!  No need to deal with a crowd,  food and drink whenever we wanted it,  quick access to a bathroom when needed, it was perfect!

Isn't that the most important of all?  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17558 on: July 04, 2022, 10:36:49 am »

Hope everyone is doing well!   Quiet day here, meeting family for lunch at about 1:00, and then just chilling for the rest of the day.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17559 on: July 04, 2022, 10:39:20 am »
Isn't that the most important of all?  :laugh:

You bet!