Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8746785 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #17580 on: July 23, 2022, 02:50:43 pm »
Was that an original song? Very nice and certainly timely! On the subject of music, I was wondering what you think of Kate Bush's "Running Up That Hill" that is being played ad nauseum? I liked it the first time I heard it, but then found it repetitious and not very musical. I wish they'd play some of her other work.

Our temperatures in Denver have been in the low 90s but we have high humidity which we're not used to. I haven't suffered at all since I'm a "cellar dweller" as you used to be. Plus I do my yard work in the mornings as soon as it's light when it is nice and pleasant.

There have been so many lunch dates and outings in connection with my birthday so I've been very busy. A day or two ago, I didn't even have time to play Wordle! What is the world coming to???
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17581 on: July 23, 2022, 04:32:38 pm »
Whoa, what is wrong with me?! I missed telling you happy birthday both here and on FB! Sorry, FRiend, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! If I were in Denver I'd take you out to Ted Turner's place in honor of our first meeting.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #17582 on: July 26, 2022, 04:19:57 pm »
Was that an original song? Very nice and certainly timely! On the subject of music, I was wondering what you think of Kate Bush's "Running Up That Hill" that is being played ad nauseum? I liked it the first time I heard it, but then found it repetitious and not very musical. I wish they'd play some of her other work.

I really like Kate's song.  I'm glad it's got renewed success now.

As for the lyrics I posted, that was a song by 80s group Power Station,  Robert Palmer was their vocalist, former Chic drummer Tony Thompson, and Duran Duran members John Taylor (bass) and Andy Taylor (guitar).

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17583 on: July 27, 2022, 10:53:22 am »

Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

What a difference a day makes!  The heatwave here is over.  After days close (or actually at) 100, and high humidity, today is a great day.  It's only 80, and humidity is very low.

Last time I mentioned my weight (July 7) I was down 20 pounds.  As of today, 5 more are gone, total is 25.  I could probably have more gone, but last Saturday I was at my friends' place for lunch, and I ate food that was not diet friendly, and too much of it.

I have no plans this weekend, so I should drop more soon.   I'll also be in the office the next two days, so I can do my laps around the floor, and that should help as well.

I also have some physical stuff to do in the office on Friday, so that may help as well.  They are changing our floor plan, and we are losing access to a small kitchen and supply room.  The Executive Assistant will be in on Friday to move stuff around, and she's had back issues in the past, so I'm gong to help her move this stuff.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17584 on: August 06, 2022, 06:15:37 pm »

We are back in a heat wave here in NJ.  According to my computer, it's saying "record high".  Not sure if that's true, but it's hot and humid out.  I'm not amused.

Signed off of the work computer on Friday, and as of that point, I'm on "stay-cation" for a week.  ;D   Just what I needed, I'm tired of work for now.  Not a lot of plans for the week.  Monday I need to get the car serviced.  On Tuesday I have some appointments to keep, and then on Friday I'll be meeting some friends for lunch.

Got some surprises today.   I got these two items in the mail as a surprise from my coworkers, to celebrate my 25th anniversary with the bank.

How well do they know me?  ;D

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #17585 on: August 07, 2022, 04:33:13 pm »
Nice, Chuck!

I hope the shirt came with the content indicated in the pic  ;D

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17586 on: August 18, 2022, 05:23:33 pm »

I've just shut down the work computer for the day, it always feels good to do this!

;D

At 4:00 I had a team meeting scheduled, and it turned out that it was a meeting to commemorate my 25th anniversary with the bank, which falls this month.

;D

there were about 15 or so people in the teams room, and we chatted for a half hour, just talking and asking for stories from me over my 25 years at the bank.  There were a lot of laughs.

The weekend looks to be quiet, and I'm good with that.

I'm waiting for some packages to be delivered, I received notices that the labels have been made, but other than that, I have no delivery information.

I ordered some new Madonna merchandise.  She recently set a record, the artist with the most #1 songs on any Billboard chart.  While her new music has not been on pop radio, the dance clubs still play her stuff, and she scored her 50th #1 song on the dance charts in Billboard Magazine.

To celebrate, she and her record company are releasing "Finally Enough Love - 50 Number Ones".  It's a 3 CD or 6 vinyl record collection (I ordered one of each) and it's all the remix versions of all 50 songs.

;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17587 on: August 18, 2022, 05:24:03 pm »
Nice, Chuck!

I hope the shirt came with the content indicated in the pic  ;D

It would've been nice, but alas, it was not to be.   :laugh:

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17588 on: August 18, 2022, 09:31:14 pm »
Very interesting that Madonna collection is being issued on vinyl.  :D

Madge and I are both of a certain age. ...   ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17589 on: August 20, 2022, 10:54:42 am »
Very interesting that Madonna collection is being issued on vinyl.  :D

Madge and I are both of a certain age. ...   ;D

Same, but I think a lot of younger people like vinyl, either for its vintage charm or perceived better sound quality.

Personally, I haven't bought music in any physical form in years. I listen to almost everything on YouTube because I like the visuals. Otherwise I'd probably go with Spotify.

Come to think of it, the Brokeback soundtrack was one of my most recent CD purchases. :)