Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8736404 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #17810 on: June 01, 2023, 03:14:22 pm »
Yum! Does the antipasto salad get a vinaigrette dressing?

It generally can have a lemon flavored dressing, I just used some Italian dressing.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17811 on: June 01, 2023, 04:35:06 pm »
Something about that phrase strikes me as funny.  ;D

But then, I guess something about that word s-k-u-u-u-d always seems to strike me as funny (sounds like a string of long U's).  ;D

That reminds me of that funny joke that the word queue has four unnecessary letters.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17812 on: June 01, 2023, 09:13:03 pm »
That reminds me of that funny joke that the word queue has four unnecessary letters.

:laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17813 on: June 24, 2023, 12:19:56 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

What's shakin' everyone?

What's everyone been up to?  Let's have some updates!

June has been pretty quiet here so far!   

Beginning of June I decorated my windows for Pride Month.  I hung a progressive pride flag in my picture window, and put rainbow lights around the perimeter.  I'll be taking them down first thing July 1st, so I can get my patriotic stuff of for Independence day.  After that, there is a break in decorating until October, for Halloween.

I spent part of Father's Day with the family, we went to an Italian restaurant for a late lunch.  It was a "village",  that had a restaurant, caf?, bakery, deli and such.  After lunch we stopped at the bakery for treats to take home.

This week I was called for jury duty, with the first part of the jury selection being virtual, via a Zoom meeting.  I was supposed to have my first day on Wednesday, but I had received an email Wednesday morning, that I was not needed that day, but on hold for Thursday.   I signed on Thursday morning, we started with a "rah-rah" speech from the jury manager.  After the first hour, we went into a break-out room where they took attendance, and dismissed some people straight away, those who would not be able to participate for a hardship.  There were a few medical hardships, and 4 people who were excused because their children were having graduation ceremonies that day.

After that, we were told we would need to watch 3 videos, that contained instructions.  After the first two videos, the jury manager came on and told us that while we were watching, the case we were supposed to be on was settled, so that concluded our jury duty.  We would receive an email confirming out attendance, and we would not be called for another 3 years or so.

Today starts a busy weekend.   I have a gathering with friends at about 2:30, and then I'm going to a bday party at about 7:30.  Then I have a family gathering on Sunday about 2:00.

This coming week at work may be busy, given that I have to work on my monthly report ::) and it's due after the holiday.  In retrospect, it's good that the jury service went the way it did.

I was asked to put together a "snack cabinet" at work.  Apparently the vending machine has not been getting filled on a regular basis, so one of the team gave me $40.00, and I added some of my own cash, and hit the grocery store.   I got some small containers of Pringles, some granola bars, and some individually wrapped candies (Life Savers, Werther's, mints, root beer barrels, Starburst) and some packs of gum.

When that is nearly gone, I'll take a poll to see who liked what, if they want anything new, and then replenish the supplies.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17814 on: June 24, 2023, 02:40:07 pm »
I've read the label a couple of times but haven't been able to tell, or simply missed it: Are Pringles baked rather than fried or "kettle" or otherwise cooked?  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17815 on: June 24, 2023, 03:07:17 pm »
Beginning of June I decorated my windows for Pride Month.

I got a call from a PR guy this morning wanting me to alert my editors that a VIP was going to be attending the Pride Festival here today and mingling with folks. He wouldn't even say who it was at first! But I told him the paper wouldn't send anybody out unless they knew. Turned out to be Jill Biden.

This week I was called for jury duty, with the first part of the jury selection being virtual, via a Zoom meeting.  I was supposed to have my first day on Wednesday, but I had received an email Wednesday morning, that I was not needed that day, but on hold for Thursday.

I wish they'd had that when I was on jury duty. Instead, we had to go downtown, wait around, and then go home if we weren't needed. I got assigned to a trial, which I was kind of glad about.

I was asked to put together a "snack cabinet" at work.  Apparently the vending machine has not been getting filled on a regular basis, so one of the team gave me $40.00, and I added some of my own cash, and hit the grocery store.   I got some small containers of Pringles, some granola bars, and some individually wrapped candies (Life Savers, Werther's, mints, root beer barrels, Starburst) and some packs of gum.

When that is nearly gone, I'll take a poll to see who liked what, if they want anything new, and then replenish the supplies.

None of my business and this may not reflect your colleagues' preferences, but I like snack selections that contain relatively healthy items, like nuts or trail mix or maybe popcorn.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #17816 on: June 24, 2023, 04:43:45 pm »
What's a "rah-rah" speech?

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17817 on: June 24, 2023, 10:53:52 pm »
None of my business and this may not reflect your colleagues' preferences, but I like snack selections that contain relatively healthy items, like nuts or trail mix or maybe popcorn.

I went off of what was first and last to disappear from the vending machine.  Nuts and trail mix were always the last to go.

I did tell everyone that when the snack cabinet runs out, I would take suggestions as to what to cut out, and what to stock up, so if I get those as suggestions, I will add them.

I've read the label a couple of times but haven't been able to tell, or simply missed it: Are Pringles baked rather than fried or "kettle" or otherwise cooked?  ???

Because Pringles aren't actually made with real potato?the recipe calls for dehydrated processed potato?the FDA ruled in 1975 that Pringles could only be called "chips" if they provided a disclaimer, identifying them as "potato chips made from dried potatoes." Pringles scrapped that idea and renamed them potato "crisps

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17818 on: June 24, 2023, 10:57:08 pm »
What's a "rah-rah" speech?

It's a sarcastic way to refer to a speech meant to hype you up or make you enthusiastic about something.

She gave us a speech about the importance of jury duty, and how what we were doing was important, to try to stop us from feeling inconvenienced by serving.

It's called "rah rah" speech because at sporting events, cheer leaders would shout "rah rah" at crowds to get them hyped and excited about the game.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17819 on: June 25, 2023, 10:49:43 am »
I went off of what was first and last to disappear from the vending machine.  Nuts and trail mix were always the last to go.

:laugh:

Good strategy!