Author Topic: Do You Support The Death Penalty?  (Read 168151 times)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
Re: Do You Support The Death Penalty?
« Reply #250 on: November 14, 2007, 02:18:51 pm »
I would be extremely wary of judging a person's moral character on the basis of their eyes, or any other external, physical trait. History is replete with people being demonized and victimized precisely on the basis of such dubious assumptions.

You can tell an awful lot about a person (although I hesitate to label hindley and brady as people) by their eyes. Look at this and tell me they havn,t got evil black eyes.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #251 on: November 14, 2007, 02:26:33 pm »
You can tell an awful lot about a person (although I hesitate to label hindley and brady as people) by their eyes. Look at this and tell me they havn,t got evil black eyes.

Scary!! Seriously that bottom picture, she creeps me out.
Manson had some crazy eyes. So Did that Richard Ramierez.
have you ever seen Aileen Wurnoes(SP?) in an interview?
The showed one about the same time the movie Monster (based onher) came out.
She had some crazy eyes too.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #252 on: November 14, 2007, 02:35:23 pm »
Scary!! Seriously that bottom picture, she creeps me out.
Manson had some crazy eyes. So Did that Richard Ramierez.
have you ever seen Aileen Wurnoes(SP?) in an interview?
The showed one about the same time the movie Monster (based onher) came out.
She had some crazy eyes too.

Yep Charles Manson had really mad eyes. OJ Simpson also had evil black eyes, and I still say he killed his wife. Another one who had mad black eyes, (and I,m NOT saying that in a racist way because he,s black, I,m not racist) is someone called Winston Silcott. Don,t know if you,ve ever heard of him. He was convicted years ago of Murdering an unarmed policeman, PC Keith Blakelock. He took a machette to his head. He was split from ear to ear. Poor sod didn,t stand a chance. Know what?? He,s out of  prison now AND he sued the police for compensation for being imprisoned for a crime he says he didnt, commit!!! Unbelievable!!! He DID murder that copper, I don,t care what the lying bastard says, he killed him. He,s got the evil eyes to prove it. Read about him and tell me he didn,t deserve to be hung by his scrawny neck. When he got out of prison his laughing face was all over the press. Made me sick. God knows what it did to his wife and kids.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #253 on: November 14, 2007, 02:44:15 pm »
I'm certainly with Scott here -- I wouldn't rely on the eye test to determine a person's guilt. I was going to look around for pictures of people with similar eyes who demonstrably AREN'T evil, and I'm pretty sure that with sufficient time I could find some. But it's more efficient to repeat Scott's point. Throughout history, people have been judged on the basis of their appearance -- such as skin color, for example. It's a dangerous road, even if you think it applies in this case.

(BTW, souxi, I know you're not being racist, but can't blue eyes look evil?)

Whether this woman is evil or not, I think, is partly a matter of semantics and partly a matter of theology. What she did was certainly really, really bad. So semantically, I guess you could call her actions evil. But that's her actions.

So is she herself, as a person, evil? That's where theology comes in. I don't really believe in "evil" in that sense. Nor do I believe in hell.

As an agnostic, I'm just stuck with the mystery of why people do such horrible things, and whether they'll face "justice" in the afterlife. I tend to think they won't, which seems unfair, but it's my observation of how the universe works. Just like perfectly nice people sometimes get to watch their children carried off by a tsunami. That's not "just," either.

Why is there good and evil and tragedy and all that? Many religions offer comforting answers, but I'm not a follower of any of them. So I really have no idea.

Wow, this thread is getting heavy!

Edgar Allen Poe had a very unusual appearance.  And he even wrote creepy stories.  Does that mean he was a serial killer?  Who knew?   ???

How do you think he got the idea for the telltale heart??

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #254 on: November 14, 2007, 02:45:21 pm »
Edgar Allen Poe had a very unusual appearance.  And he even wrote creepy stories.  Does that mean he was a serial killer?  Who knew?   ???

Gary

P.S. I've visited Poe's grave, and the house in which he lived in Baltimore a few years ago.   ;D
Well of course not! LOL
Look at Marty Feldman! Talk about your crazy eyes!
I though Poe was buried in Charleston SC?
Who am i thinking of????  ???
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #255 on: November 14, 2007, 02:49:53 pm »
He's in Baltimore,

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=822

but who is buried in Charleston I wonder?
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #256 on: November 14, 2007, 02:53:31 pm »
He's in Baltimore,

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=822

but who is buried in Charleston I wonder?
Lots of people I reckon!  :laugh:
I'll have to find out who I'm thinkin of.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #257 on: November 14, 2007, 02:59:17 pm »

Gary

P.S. I've visited Poe's grave, and the house in which he lived in Baltimore a few years ago.   ;D

Of course it doesn,t Gary lol. I have watched Edgar Allen Poe movies and enoyed them very much. I also liked Vincent Price and boy was HE creepy...that voice!!! (think of Thriller).
IMHO Myra Hindely was EVIL. She was obviously born evil and she went to her grave evil. Yes blue eyes can look evil as well, it,s just unfortunate that the ones I have mentioned all happened to have brown eyes, or very very dark eyes. Hindley and Brady had black eyes...eyes of the devil. They probably had 666 tatooed on their foreheads. They should have been hung and left there for the crows to peck.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #258 on: November 14, 2007, 03:07:59 pm »
Can you imagine what Leslie Anne Downeys mother had to go through, listening to the tape recording of her 10 year old daughters cries and pleas for mercy? I,d have gone insane.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/276809.stm

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #259 on: November 14, 2007, 03:15:55 pm »
        I  dont have any following of the idea that you could tell a persons guilt or innocence, judgeing by
their eyes.  Would that were so..It would make finding and imprisoning criminals much easier.
        But ido believe that we are fooling ourselves if we dont try and rid ourself of these kinds of behaviorist.
They are a danger and a blight on society.  They endanger the fabric of society.  They can spread their
brand of vile behavior.  I dont hate them, but I certainly have no love or compassion for them either.  I know
that they should be gotten rid of if the evidence is good enough...As in that crime that Sioux was mentioning
they had a tape to prove their guilt...No doubt, no mistakes.  Because the public, and people in general
tend to have very short memories..Time tends to soften the feel of the depth of their crimes.  People get
to know them,,,, as nice intelligent rehabilitated people...so lets let them free... 
         The people they killed or tortured need to be let free first..When they are allowed to have freedom.
Then maybe, just  maybe, you can let the perpetrators free.  
          But I digress..I dont think once you kill someone in anger or in hate, you should ever be allowed from
prison again...period.
          The next point I want to make is this.  I dont agree at all with the term I have heard mentioned over
and over here...We are not all capable of this kind of behavior..If that was true, I would be afraid to have any
member of my family or friends leave their home.  There are so many chances for those kinds of things to happen
from the smallest segment of the population.  What kind of terror would be the case, if everyone was capable of
these behaviors.  I dont agree.  At all, that that is true.

Beautiful mind