Author Topic: Do You Support The Death Penalty?  (Read 166240 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Do You Support The Death Penalty?
« Reply #310 on: April 10, 2008, 06:00:35 pm »
OK, here it is, successfully merged. Opine away, oilfieldtrash and everyone else!

:)

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #311 on: April 10, 2008, 11:47:02 pm »
WOW! I had forgotten about this thread! This is one target rich environment. I will have to reread all of these posts, it will take a few days.   :) thanks for finding it again. Lots of people comment on this thread that I haven't heard from in while. 

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #312 on: April 11, 2008, 12:41:22 am »
WOW! I had forgotten about this thread! This is one target rich environment. I will have to reread all of these posts, it will take a few days.   :) thanks for finding it again. Lots of people comment on this thread that I haven't heard from in while.

I love your can-do attitude!

:D

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #313 on: April 11, 2008, 12:42:43 am »
Crayons, I am always hopeful and "can do" about the present and the future. I still believe as Reagan did, "our best days are still ahead!".  :)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #314 on: April 16, 2008, 10:46:54 am »
I voted no.I have thought long and hard about this .My husband was robbed at gunpoint 4 months ago and my oldest son was raped at scouts.
I know bith of these resulted in deaths but they were pretty heinous crimes which have had long lasting impact on our family.Both the criminals are still out and free.
It takes all my will power not to go to the supermarket where the rapist works as a bagger and tear him limb from limb.I too was raped when Iwas 15,by 3 boys So on the whole some pretty awful things have happened to me and my family.
Lives have been ruined,my rape resulted in permanant psychological damage.Y son is not much better.
Iam not a church goer and have not been for over 30 years,however I do think 2 wrongs do not make a right.If just one innocent person is killed by law,how can that ever be right.
I do believe however in life in soiltary confinement.No parole whatever,and that is as far as I would go.If people believe in the death penalty would they be able to do it themselves I wonder.i.e give the injection tie down the criminal,put the noose on the neack ets etc.I know I could not.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #315 on: April 16, 2008, 12:40:58 pm »
I voted no.I have thought long and hard about this .My husband was robbed at gunpoint 4 months ago and my oldest son was raped at scouts.
I know bith of these resulted in deaths but they were pretty heinous crimes which have had long lasting impact on our family.Both the criminals are still out and free.
It takes all my will power not to go to the supermarket where the rapist works as a bagger and tear him limb from limb.I too was raped when Iwas 15,by 3 boys So on the whole some pretty awful things have happened to me and my family.
Lives have been ruined,my rape resulted in permanant psychological damage.Y son is not much better.
Iam not a church goer and have not been for over 30 years,however I do think 2 wrongs do not make a right.If just one innocent person is killed by law,how can that ever be right.
I do believe however in life in soiltary confinement.No parole whatever,and that is as far as I would go.If people believe in the death penalty would they be able to do it themselves I wonder.i.e give the injection tie down the criminal,put the noose on the neack ets etc.I know I could not.

Good grief sweetheart no wonder your so depressed. ((((((((optom)))))))))) The things that have happened to you and your family are just terrible beyond words.  I,m afraid your a better person than me then, because I would certainly want the death penalty for the scum that commited these henious crimes. I understand what your saying about two wrongs dont make a right, but for henious crimes so as these it,s the only thing they deserve. I sincerely wish you and your family all the love and luck in the world. I think you could all certainly do with some. I know I,m across the pond but I,m sending you all a BIG load of hugs and kisses anyway.
Souxi.  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline ZK

« Reply #316 on: April 21, 2008, 11:18:43 pm »
Having been a victim myself with the purpertrator never being brought to justice I still do not support the Death Penalty,the Death Penalty does not change the fact the crime had been committed. Lock them up, hard labour camp I don't know, but throw away the key.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #317 on: May 08, 2008, 05:43:44 pm »
Yes, and the number should be higher!!

But for the real murderers to be hanged like the deaths they did to innocent persons !!

And the dope pushers included !!

Why not ?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline optom3

« Reply #318 on: May 08, 2008, 11:03:44 pm »
Good grief sweetheart no wonder your so depressed. ((((((((optom)))))))))) The things that have happened to you and your family are just terrible beyond words.  I,m afraid your a better person than me then, because I would certainly want the death penalty for the scum that commited these henious crimes. I understand what your saying about two wrongs dont make a right, but for henious crimes so as these it,s the only thing they deserve. I sincerely wish you and your family all the love and luck in the world. I think you could all certainly do with some. I know I,m across the pond but I,m sending you all a BIG load of hugs and kisses anyway.
Souxi.  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It is odd really.Before all this happened I used to think if anyone harmed any of my family,they would not need the death penalty,becauseI would do the job.I used to think up hideous tortures,they had to die really slowly and painfully.Then the worst happened to 2 members of my family and I changed.I was so wrapped up in trying to help them recover,there was little time to think of anything else.Don't get me wrong I am no saint,I just found that if I let myself be consumed with hate and it wa difficult not to do,I could not help either my husband or son.
My husband is fine now.My son is even more damaged than he was before.But wanting to torture or kill the boy does not solve anything.The 1st time I made myself go into the Publix where he works part time.I was ready just to stick a knife in him,followed by castration and anything else you care to imagine.
I nstead when he offered to bag for me,I said I am -------- mother and I would rather you did not contaminate anything else of mine.IT was said pretty loudly,other customers looked and he knew what I meant.
I hd to get out pretty quick thouh as I was sweating and hyperventilating.He will get his punishment one day,as will the gunman.What goes round comes round.I just hope it is soon.I sometimes think omeone out there is having one heck of a good life,beacause I seem to be getting a double dose of crap!!!!!
I even read that book the secret at the start of the year.Stillw iting for my glorious epiphany.!!!!!!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #319 on: May 09, 2008, 10:14:09 am »
There is so much great love in you optom, that your son will and does see that, and that goes around as you say !!