Author Topic: Do You Support The Death Penalty?  (Read 168774 times)

karen1129

Re: Do You Support The Death Penalty?
« Reply #350 on: November 19, 2008, 12:45:12 pm »
We actually disagree about something...wow!!!

I didn't say I am against the death penalty.  I do believe there are some really evil people out there that probably should be executed for their crimes.

I am saying..... I believe there have been innocent people put to death, so I think we need to be damn sure we got the right person.

karen1129

« Reply #351 on: November 19, 2008, 12:46:39 pm »
Does this mean that they dón´t have as many chances to appeal?

Oh no.  THey have many, many chances for appeals.  It can take 10 years or more before they actually execute them for that very reason.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #352 on: November 19, 2008, 12:47:17 pm »
In Canada, now there are strange religions with their foreign ways, that destroy bodies they murdered, so police do not find those corpses, and so these cases are not counted !

There have been many documented TV show about that lately this year and last, showing that certain so-called religious persons kill their wives or daughter if they do not wear cloth over their face, etc, descriminating for all sorts of so-called reasons, even if they wife did not look at another man !

There is one case of a foreign MD that mother (and others) talks about often: he obviously killed his wife and is getting away with it !

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #353 on: November 19, 2008, 12:48:24 pm »
That's exactly what it means.

thanks for explaining.

Sounds like a way to ensure that perhaps more innocent will be executed. I just don´t understand the ways of the world sometimes.

karen1129

« Reply #354 on: November 19, 2008, 12:48:40 pm »
In Canada, now there are strange religions with their foreign ways, that destroy bodies they murdered, so police do not find those corpses, and so these cases are not counted !

There have been many documented TV show about that lately this year and last, showing that certain so-called religious persons kill their wives or daughter if they do not wear cloth over their face, etc, descriminating for all sorts of so-called reasons, even if they wife did not look at another man !

There is one case of a foreign MD that mother (and others) talks about often: he obviously killed his wife and is getting away with it !

HEy, that happens here too.

karen1129

« Reply #355 on: November 19, 2008, 12:50:59 pm »
THey do have appeals here in Texas.
People given the death penalty are rarely, if ever put to death without many
appeals from lawyers.

It can drag on for years.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #356 on: November 19, 2008, 12:53:56 pm »
The majority of felony criminals are not mentally ill, let's make that clear.  Mental Illness is a serious issue in this country, and there are many stereotypes that we suffer under, just like other marginalized factions of society.  Mentally ill does equal a criminal, or even a propensity for criminal behavior.
of course I agree that mentally ill does not equal a criminal. I have family members that have suffered from mental illnesses so I know.

And no, perhaps not a majority, but a substantial percentage are. Many people in the legal system also say that that percentage probably is higher than the official number due to insufficant examinations.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #357 on: November 19, 2008, 12:54:48 pm »
Since you say:
       I believe there have been innocent people put to death, so I think we need to be damn sure we got the right person.

, I know of that, of some cases and I agree with you there.

Plus, I am finding that many lawyers and courts are also criminal run, because there is no justice there at all, because the judge and crown atterneys do not allow you to present facts in order to definately show that you are innocent ! And, more and more, there are demands for sheria laws in Canada and the USA and other democraties, that do not allow the innocent to be found not guilty !

It is now nearly impossible to find a good lawyers these days if you are innocent ! -  Did you know ?

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #358 on: November 19, 2008, 12:58:59 pm »

Aint´all religions strange? ;)

Destroying the bodies of the victims is hardly a "foreign way" though. That has been done in the US for ages by various people and groups, such as the mob.
Murder is horrible, not matter the reason behind it.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #359 on: November 19, 2008, 01:23:15 pm »
I find it      "foreign way"               , because these murders are now in the thousands and done because of so-called religions - remember that such did NOT happen often before in the USA nor in Canada ! It is now common more and more !

Al Capone, did not murder because of religion(s) ! Right ?

I sure would like to find out the reasons why some or many prefer that that Greyhound murderer not be hanged ! Will any or many reply ?