Author Topic: Do You Support The Death Penalty?  (Read 167691 times)

karen1129

Re: Do You Support The Death Penalty?
« Reply #360 on: November 19, 2008, 01:33:34 pm »
I find it      "foreign way"               , because these murders are now in the thousands and done because of so-called religions - remember that such did NOT happen often before in the USA nor in Canada ! It is now common more and more !

Al Capone, did not murder because of religion(s) ! Right ?

I sure would like to find out the reasons why some or many prefer that that Greyhound murderer not be hanged ! Will any or many reply ?

Well, I don't know all the facts about the man, so I don't have an opinion.

Plus, they don't have the death penalty in Canada, so what's the point !!!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #361 on: November 19, 2008, 07:44:56 pm »
No, no, no

We haven´t executed anyone here in Sweden in over a hundred years, for which I´m very glad.

And to those who say that the death penelty is a mean to scare people off from killing each other; We don´t have a high crime rate here in Sweden even though we don´t have the death penalty.

Crimes are prevented through education, by a good social well-fare system and by trying to create a society where everyone can lead a decent life.

so, does Sweden resembles demographically and historically the US?  well, maybe parts of Minnesota does, but not much else.

logically you just can't make universal assumptions by comparing "apples" and "oranges".

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #362 on: November 19, 2008, 07:48:39 pm »
Texas does...they even have an expres lane.

sadly, we don't have an express lane, it takes decades to execute the human debris that clogs our prison systems, meanwhile the tax payers continue to pay and pay for their legal appeals, meals, medical procedures and color tv's.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #363 on: November 19, 2008, 07:51:19 pm »
Is that why Scandinavia now has more and more gangs selling drugs and murders galore even killing innocent citizens on the streets these days, because no more hangings in Sweden... so criminals, as in murderers, run these countries more and more ?

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #364 on: November 19, 2008, 07:53:12 pm »
Is that why Scandinavia now has more and more gangs selling drugs and murders galore even killing innocent citizens on the streets these days, because no more hangings in Sweden... so criminals, as in murderers, run these countries more and more ?

really, are drug gangs becoming a major problem in Scandia?

I don't hear much news from that part of the world, so that is interesting.

Is is native Swedes and Norweigans who are the perps, or is it foreigners who are perping?

karen1129

« Reply #365 on: November 19, 2008, 08:04:12 pm »
sadly, we don't have an express lane, it takes decades to execute the human debris that clogs our prison systems, meanwhile the tax payers continue to pay and pay for their legal appeals, meals, medical procedures and color tv's.

My brother works for the Texas Prison system, and the inmates are not provided TV's by the state.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #366 on: November 19, 2008, 08:05:28 pm »
Brokeplex and to all:

There was an USA/Canada/Scandinavia documentary last might, where foreign bike gangs are taking over Scandinavia where illegal drug trades are more and more prominent. They even rob that army arsenals, easily to do so as there is no one guarding them, and so use all sorts of military arms, even rockets, to fire upon people eating in restaurants, dancing in parties, at bars, etc.; killing innocent persons ! Police forces are not enough to capture them!

So, the al-Quida lovers don't know how such radical muslims are using gangs to sell drugs at those schools, and if a student does not buy illegal drugs, they beat them up or kill them !

Many anti-drug persons have been murdered in Holland so far... and elsewhere !

And so the murders (most) go on unchecked !

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #367 on: November 19, 2008, 08:09:04 pm »
My brother works for the Texas Prison system, and the inmates are not provided TV's by the state.

sure they are, TDC has rec rooms that have wide screen TV's, which the perps not in lock down or solitary can use at designated times.

we need the prison farms back in operation! stamp those license plates and harvest that cotton!

karen1129

« Reply #368 on: November 19, 2008, 08:15:37 pm »
sure they are, TDC has rec rooms that have wide screen TV's, which the perps not in lock down or solitary can use at designated times.

we need the prison farms back in operation! stamp those license plates and harvest that cotton!

No wide screens at the unit my brother is warden at.

Have you ever thought of running for public office?
You could fight for the reform that is needed in our
prison system. 

injest

« Reply #369 on: November 19, 2008, 08:17:48 pm »
I think work farms are a GREAT ideas....they treat those prisoners like royalty!