Author Topic: Journeyman  (Read 6368 times)

Offline fernly

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Journeyman
« on: October 01, 2007, 09:52:23 pm »
Anyone watching it?

I...ahem...might be in tonight's episode (or some other episode...they didn't tell us which one). For maybe half a second or so.;) Worked as an extra standing in line as a check-cashing customer back in 1997 while the lead, Kevin McKidd, has a confrontation with someone else in the line.
He was one of the leads in Rome. It was interesting watching him rehearse. And move.;D

on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Journeyman
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 12:38:11 pm »
I missed the first show of Journeyman and that was one show I had wanted to watch. I will look for it online. I always like "time travel" shows, but it seems they never go over real good. Remember "Early Edition." I have already read somewhere that they don't expect Journeyman to make it. I'm not sure how they know this so fast about some shows, but then other ones that aren't any good and get no ratings continue to stay on.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 12:15:56 am »
I've been watching "Journeyman" because I loved the series Rome and Kevin McKidd.  I think he does a good job with the role, but the series itself is a little blah.  It needs better writing, I think.  The most interesting aspect so far is how he meets his ex-fiancee in the past.  There's clearly a bigger picture to the whole phenomenon of their time traveling.  Who knows if we'll get the chance to find out what's behind it?  I haven't heard how the ratings are, but I doubt it's a big draw.  :-\
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 12:31:53 pm »
I like Journeyman so far. I haven't seen many episodes of it though. I keep forgetting when it comes on. I saw the one where he was going back to 1989 before the SF quake. It seemed like the time he spent in the past was kind of short, but I have always liked time travel shows. I used to really like Early Edition. Do any of you remember that one? That was where he would get the newspaper a day early and then go and try to prevent something from happening. It was the same guy who in Friday Night Lights now.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 12:49:18 pm »
I've been watching "Journeyman" because I loved the series Rome and Kevin McKidd.  I think he does a good job with the role, but the series itself is a little blah.  It needs better writing, I think.  The most interesting aspect so far is how he meets his ex-fiancee in the past.  There's clearly a bigger picture to the whole phenomenon of their time traveling.  Who knows if we'll get the chance to find out what's behind it?  I haven't heard how the ratings are, but I doubt it's a big draw.  :-\

Ditto.  I loved loved loved Kevin McKidd in Rome and we fans were broken-hearted when the show - though garnering better ratings than the so-called "smash" HBO series, "Entourage" proved too expensive to continue and was cancelled after only 2 seasons.

I saw the previews for "Journeyman" and was pretty excited.  The concept is difficult though and as Meryl pointed out, the stories could use a little more pizazz, especially for a Monday night show.  I have my doubts about it lasting.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 11:16:43 am »
I have to catch up on it since I have been recording it, but haven't had a chance to watch those episodes yet. These classes I am taking are irritating and take too much time. Why can't they be fun like Bettermost????????

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 02:15:44 pm »
I've been meaning to post about the latest episode, the one where Dan goes back about 25 years and interacts with the man who wants to kill him, only when he was a child of ten.  This was the first episode that held my attention and seemed to have some real urgency to it, never mind that it had elements we've seen many times in TV shows:  hostage-taking, psychological rants, and a band-aid resolution.  It was nice how they handled Dan's brother's growing conviction that something extraordinary was happening to his brother.  His epiphany when he spotted Livia in the newsroom was a great touch.  I hope this bodes well for upcoming episodes, and that the writers are able to keep the urgency they got in this one.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 02:33:27 pm »
I like Journeyman so far. I haven't seen many episodes of it though. I keep forgetting when it comes on. I saw the one where he was going back to 1989 before the SF quake. It seemed like the time he spent in the past was kind of short, but I have always liked time travel shows. I used to really like Early Edition. Do any of you remember that one? That was where he would get the newspaper a day early and then go and try to prevent something from happening. It was the same guy who in Friday Night Lights now.

Kyle Chandler. He's handsome.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 02:40:56 pm »
Damn Kyle  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 02:55:14 pm »
Damn Kyle  ;D

I'd sit up all night watchin' for him, I can tell you that!  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.