Author Topic: Stupid Laws from Around the World  (Read 17475 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Stupid Laws from Around the World
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2007, 06:11:46 am »
These are hysterical Kelda!!  :laugh:  :laugh:

Gee. Where do I start?  :-\

The most absurd international law was judged to be in the US state of Ohio, where it is illegal to get fish drunk.

Ummm. haha. Well, this sounds more like some kind of stupid ass law they would pass in Indiana. But Ohio is just next to me, so I guess this proves that stupidity is contagious and does in fact cross state lines.

The head of any dead whale found on the British coast automatically becomes the property of the King, and the tail of the Queen

Can you just imagine the look on Queen Elizabeth's face if someone presented her with the tail of a dead whale?  :-\

It is illegal not to tell the tax man anything you do not want him to know, but legal not to tell him information you do not mind him knowing

Tax season is quickly approaching. I'll try to remember this and I'm sure the IRS will appreciate it.  ;)

It is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls of York, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow

You better watch out Kelda! And you probably shouldn't visit any archery stores the next time you're in York. It might prove a bit dangerous for you.  ;)

In the UK a pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants, including in a policeman's helmet

No comment!!  :laugh: :laugh:

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline bec

• Jr. Ranch Hand
    • myspace
Re: Stupid Laws from Around the World
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2008, 09:01:09 am »
All these laws posted cracked me up,  :laugh:

never heard of most of the one's from OZ tho

Here's a few more from:  www.progressiveu.org

Austrailia
A life sentence is 25 years.
It is illegal to walk on the right hand side of a footpath.
Taxi cabs are required to carry a bale of hay in the trunk.
Only licensed electricians may change a light bulb.
Children may not purchase cigarettes, but can smoke them.
You may never leave your car keys in an unattended vehicle.
It is illegal to roam the streets wearing black clothes, felt shoes and black shoe polish on your face as these items are the tools of a cat burglar.
It is illegal to read someone's tarot, or give them a psychic reading as these are forms of witchcraft.
Under Australian Communications Authority (ACA) regulations, your modem can't pick up on the first ring. If it does the ACA permit for your modem is invalid and there's a $12000 fine. - Telecommunications Act 1991

Why so serious..............It's all part of the plan...........lets put a smile on that face