Author Topic: Are you a dipper or a squirter? (This is FOOD poll, people!)  (Read 25945 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: Are you a dipper or a squirter? (This is FOOD poll, people!)
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2007, 01:25:48 pm »
I had to pop up here when I saw this topic in recent posts!  Definitely a dipper.  Ketchup on french fries - preferably with a little hot sauce mixed in!  I have seen my son dip Wendy's french fries in a Wendy's Frosty - don't laugh - salty and sweet is a great combo.  (And I have to admit he may have picked up this idea from me - a very guilty -and rare - pleasure of mine is to use softened vanilla ice cream as a dip for potato chips!)  ;D

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2007, 02:34:58 pm »
this dip is a dipper!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2007, 07:53:40 pm »
Dipper! (Ketchup)   :D
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2007, 11:51:45 pm »
I have even become a dipper of pancake bites into the syrup.  When they bring the little cup of syrup in the restaurant, I leave the syrup in it, and just dip.  I bet I'm eating a third the syrup that way than I used to.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2007, 12:00:52 am »

Ok I will probably gross some of you out..And others will think its a great idea...
    Melted hot fudge.  Dip french fries...Try it.... potatoe chips too

Beautiful mind

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2007, 09:31:55 am »
I had to pop up here when I saw this topic in recent posts!  Definitely a dipper.  Ketchup on french fries - preferably with a little hot sauce mixed in!  I have seen my son dip Wendy's french fries in a Wendy's Frosty - don't laugh - salty and sweet is a great combo.  (And I have to admit he may have picked up this idea from me - a very guilty -and rare - pleasure of mine is to use softened vanilla ice cream as a dip for potato chips!)  ;D

Marie
Been there done that! LOL
It is good!
I had to make some tater tots last night and I mixed up some garlic mayo for a dip! YUM!!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2007, 09:35:25 am »
I am a dipper, but gravy on french fries is good too.  Only had it a few times, but its good.  Also melted cheese on fries is good..  I'm not big into french fries, but once in a while as a side to a burger, they're good.. Dont really like burgers either.  And I usually steer clear of fast food too.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2007, 12:21:13 pm »
Susie, I'm afraid most of us in McDonaldland won't know what that is, so:

From Wikipedia:

A chip sandwich or sometimes in the United Kingdom, a chip butty is a sandwich made with bread (usually white and buttered) and chips, often with some sort of sauce such as tomato sauce. [1]

A football chant (sung to Annie's Song by John Denver) called "The Greasy Chip Butty Song" is popular with the supporters of Sheffield United Football Club.

Me?  I dip mostly.

Regarding mayonnaise, homemade is so  much better than store-bought.  I use just the egg yolks for a richer taste.  Occasionally I'll add a little toasted sesame oil, which adds a lot of depth, and is great on asparagus.  Yum.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2007, 12:38:59 pm »
A football chant (sung to Annie's Song by John Denver) called "The Greasy Chip Butty Song" is popular with the supporters of Sheffield United Football Club.

Now, Paul, you can't tell us this without finding us the lyrics. ...  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2007, 01:08:55 pm »
Now, Paul, you can't tell us this without finding us the lyrics. ...  ;D

Well, since you asked:

The Greasy Chip Butty Song is a football chant mainly sung by the supporters of Sheffield United football club, but has been adopted and adapted by fans of several other teams including Rotherham United and St Helens Rugby League. The originator of the song is unknown however it was first sung during Sheffield United's first match of the 1985-86 season in Division 2. This was a Blades 3-1 away win at Stoke City's Victoria Ground on 17th August 1985.

To the tune of Annie's Song by John Denver:

You fill up my senses
Like a gallon of Magnet
Like a packet of Woodbines
Like a good pinch of snuff
Like a night out in Sheffield
Like a greasy chip butty
Like Sheffield United
Come fill me again....
Na Na Na Naa Naa Naaaaa, ooo!
To a native of Sheffield the words are probably self explanatory; the words celebrate the many pleasures that can be had in Sheffield, culminating in the target of the fan's adoration, Sheffield United.

Magnet refers to John Smith's Magnet, a beer once widely available in Sheffield. Some people claim that the second line is really Like a gallon of maggots. Maggots are obtained from fishing tackle outlets in denominations of imperial pints and hence this version would not be unreasonable, as fishing is popular in the region and hence a gallon of maggots would mean a good day out fishing.

Woodbines refers nostalgically to a once popular brand of strong cigarette.

Snuff is ground tobacco for sniffing up the nose.

A Greasy chip butty can be purchased in any of the many local fish and chip shops. Butty is a slang word for sandwich, so a chip butty is simply a sandwich where the filling is chips, ideally greasy and sprinkled with salt and vinegar. Generally, a white sandwich bap will be used for the bread. In Sheffield, these are simply known as Breadcakes.

The song itself is a plaintive rally-cry by the fans of Sheffield United. It is usually heard on commencement of the home games played at 'beautiful' downtown Bramall Lane, the home of the club, and sporadically throughout away matches.
{Wikipedia}