Author Topic: How to replace too much booze in the gay world??  (Read 28094 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: How to replace too much booze in the gay world??
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2007, 07:32:09 pm »
Thanks Lynne!

That is a wonderful story!
More like that one?

Hugs!!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 10:35:53 am »
Other ways?

Hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 12:13:33 pm »
Thanks Lynne!

Great example!

I should NOT be surprised that so far 87 read this, but only about 4 replied to this question. It is obvious that gay men love their booze and want to continue that; that is for some, which is too many!!

And too many think that they are NOT boozers?

Hugs!

moremojo

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 04:56:55 pm »
People get soused because they can't deal with their feelings honestly and consciously. Alcohol gives them the excuse to say things and do things they would not feel comfortable with while sober. And when it comes to the gay scene, it's not just the booze--note the blaring aural overload of the music they play in the bars, so loud you can't even hear yourself think, much less have a conversation with another.

People are afraid of each other--they are afraid of themselves. I can tell you one thing--one simple thing--that would revolutionize the world, regardless of who you are, man or woman, gay or straight or anything in between. Look into another person's eyes...deeply, lingeringly, softly, and compassionately. See the person before you as the person they are, not the person you want them to be. Honor their humanity, and see your own humanity reflected back in their eyes. Do this with one person--it could be anyone--and I think you might be amazed at the results. This is one way to move away from alcohol and other chemical crutches or replacements for genuine human contact.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2007, 06:17:58 pm »
Thanks moremojo!

That is a good idea! I can nearly never do look into another person's eye! I try to do so at times, rarely!

I wonder if the poopers go with booze?

Hugs!

moremojo

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2007, 06:20:00 pm »
I wonder if the poopers go with booze?
Sure, poppers are yet another chemical crutch (or enhancement, if one is in a generous mood).

Offline Clyde-B

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2007, 06:34:17 pm »
I've always thought that booze et al were painkillers or relaxants.

The question "What hurts?" or "Why are you so tense?" doesn't seem to get asked very often.

And the best painkiller/relaxant for me has always been a warm hug, a shoulder to cry on, or a genuinely sympathetic and interested ear.

Somehow those simple things are hoarded like they were in short supply.

moremojo

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2007, 06:39:07 pm »
Somehow those simple things are hoarded like they were in short supply.
All the more reason for us to take the initiative and be that shoulder for someone to cry on, to be the sympathetic and interested ear for someone in need. By giving friendship and genuine contact, we often find ourselves receiving these very things. It's like that Beatles song..."And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make."

:)

Offline Clyde-B

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2007, 06:44:56 pm »
All the more reason for us to take the initiative and be that shoulder for someone to cry on, to be the sympathetic and interested ear for someone in need. By giving friendship and genuine contact, we often find ourselves receiving these very things. It's like that Beatles song..."And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make."

:)

I agree.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2007, 06:52:27 pm »
Thanks, thanks moremojo and Clyde-B!!

Yes, too many gay men still use poppers with or without booze!! When I mention that I do not to continue sex if poppers are used, I am sad especially when such refuse from keeping on taking it! Too many do not get it on, because of poppers or booze!! Poppers destroy health early too!!

And am glad that you mention such enjoyable ways to really live life Clyde-B! We must keep on saying with joy those things, so more can enrich their lives and ours!!

What do you think guys??

Hugs! Hugs!