Author Topic: How to replace too much booze in the gay world??  (Read 27990 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: How to replace too much booze in the gay world??
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2007, 09:57:41 am »
Thanks moremojo!

You are right!

It seems to me that many articles were written about that?? In gay newspapers?

Hugs!

moremojo

« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2007, 09:59:30 am »
I never actually saw anything in writing. This was all verbal advice that my peers on campus were touting.

moremojo

« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2007, 10:01:11 am »
I got something better: I will stick to a crotch!!
Is that the right spelling??

Hugs!!
Great minds think alike, Artiste!  ;D And yes, spelling (and sentiment) are both correct.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2007, 10:03:47 am »
Thanks moremojo!

And yes, maybe the gay world can replace booze with crotches??

At least, that is why we booze since we want a crotch?

Hugs!!

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2007, 04:10:50 am »
I've looked it up online, and all I found are rumors. Nothing concrete at all.

I asked someone who is in a position to know.  She said the Coors family who own the company are very conservative socially. There are also a number of gay men in that family. The 'heir', or one of the main heirs, is about 24 and in no way antigay. He IS heterosexual.
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline Artiste

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2007, 09:22:49 am »
So keep on searching brokebackjack!

The murderers (in WWII, islam to-day, etc.) of thousands, millions, of gay men from different countries still, many are living to-day, and are heterosexuals too!

The proof of Coors is out there... getting rid of gay men who worked for them, firing because they were gay men or they suspected that! Check out the gay newspaper of THAT time? And other gay organisations?

Hugs!

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2007, 10:46:49 am »
This is a good question and certainly not unique to the gay world. People of all stripes get waylaid by too much booze. Some good replacements: exercise, socializing (one does not need to drink in order to have a good conversation with another; in fact the opposite effect happens), enjoying the outdoors, literature, spirituality, art, philosophy, cooking, gardening, taking care of others and volunteer work, study, home improvement, hobbies, art, music, performing, sports and recreation, travel, reading, movies, in fact, the whole process of living! 

Lee, you have a great view of the world and many excellent ideas  :) I wish you were running for president. I sure would vote for you in a second  ;)

Jack

Offline Artiste

« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2007, 12:29:37 pm »
Yes, I agree too!

Any other ways to replace booze?

And be much happier, as a gay man?
Hugs!

Scott6373

« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2007, 12:59:33 pm »
Artiste, I would like to see the clinical and sociological research that corroborates your assertion that there is a higher incidence of alcoholism and substance abuse than in the general population. 

It is very dangerous ground to tread on, when one chooses to take their own observations, and paint an entire faction of society with them.  If that is the case, then I can state, with equal certainty, that I have seen a far higher incidence of alcoholism in the heterosexual community, than the homosexual community.

I find your generalizations regarding this issue to be very disparaging, and, once again, credence giving to the stereotypes that many of us have fought long and hard to prove wrong.

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2007, 05:02:26 pm »
I would be interested in the evidence for that as well. I'm certainly not an expert at alcohol and gay people, but when I was in SF it actually seemed to me that the people were drinking very responsibly compared to straight places I have been in. However, that may have been because of the particular group. I'm not sure about that.