Author Topic: Cosmetic Surgery? Yes or No!  (Read 3497 times)

Susiebell

Cosmetic Surgery? Yes or No!
« on: October 08, 2007, 09:17:11 am »
Have you ever thought about getting your nose trimmed?
Your boobs enlarged?
Or those wobbly bits around your tummy, sucked out?

Or perhaps you've already gone under the knife and would like to share your experience with us!
(although that's really none of our business :-X)

Tell us all about it!!  :D

Scott6373

Re: Cosmetic Surgery? Yes or No!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 09:28:33 am »
Hell yes...I want to age gracefully and I am ready to pay for it... :laugh:

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 10:13:12 am »
I voted absolutely not.  I think the cosmetic surgery industry is really depressing.  I feel like it feeds on people's low self-esteem and actually functions to keep people's self-esteem down too.

The only exception I would make is if I was in some kind of disfiguring accident or if there was a real medical reason/ necessity for getting some form of plastic surgery done.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 10:31:25 am »
I am with Amanda...the whole industry is depressing. Apparently Hillary Duff is the latest Hollywood young person (she just turned 20) to get grapefruits bolted on to her chest...excuse me, get breast implants.

How can anyone think this looks good?

for more, visit www.awfulplasticsurgery.com

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 10:37:13 am »
I'm in the Amanda & Leslie camp too...medically necessary.  Those pics of Hillary are awful - I s'pose it's too much to hope it's just an industrial strength designer bra.  :P

And what about those collagen or Botox or whatever lip injections?? - Julia Roberts, Jennifer Garner, Kyra Sedgwick, one of the Olsen twins....I'm sure the list is much longer but that's all I remember off the top of my head.  But don't they pay people to give them good advice?!  And who in their right mind would think these beautiful women look better after those?!? ???
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 11:14:33 am »
If I wasn't a coward and a cheapskate, I'd consider liposuction to get rid of my love handles, since I don't have any need for them  :-\  :laugh: and that's the only way I'm going to get rid of them.

I don't think I'd have anything done to my face, though. Maybe a little Botox. ...  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 12:16:18 pm »
I am with Amanda...the whole industry is depressing. Apparently Hillary Duff is the latest Hollywood young person (she just turned 20) to get grapefruits bolted on to her chest...excuse me, get breast implants.

for more, visit www.awfulplasticsurgery.com

L

One of the things I find especially depressing about breast implants is that I have read and heard (from one friend who actually has breast implants) that you often lose sensitivity in your breasts once you have the surgery.  Meaning that you get less sexual pleasure from your body following this type of procedure.  It's just so ironic that, I'm guessing, many people who get breast implants do it to feel more sexually attractive... but then they deny themselves their own sexual pleasure precisely due to the implants.  Nevermind the risk they can cause to your health.

And, by the way, my friend who has implants is a lesbian... which, I just find so strange.
 :-\

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 02:05:03 pm »

Just ask most men, I would imagine.  :-\ Hell, I'm gay, and even I think they look good--though she looks perfectly fine to me in the "before" picture.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 02:32:52 pm »

To me there are different kinds of facial changes.  Those eye and cheek things are ridiculous.
The mouth things are horrid.  Nancy Sinatra, and Melanie Griffith come to mind...But having your chin tucked up when it looks like a turkeys neck.  Or having love handles and tummy fixed, i think is fine.  No one sees them unless you are in a bikini.  But they would make me feel better. 
         When you get to a certain age there are some things you just cant exercise away...So if modern medicine will help those things...why not?

Beautiful mind

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 05:56:01 pm »
There are videos on YouTube about Pete and everything that went wrong with his surgery. I am not going to post them here but if you go to YouTube and search on his name, they pop right up. It's very sad and a very sad story of what happens when someone gets "addicted" to plastic surgery.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!