Author Topic: Get fit and lose weight!  (Read 130507 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Get fit and lose weight!
« Reply #120 on: May 31, 2009, 02:59:41 pm »
Chuck, do you walk around in your neighbourhood or do you go somewhere else?

Oh, I walk through the next town up...

I'm near the border of the next town, so I go up the hill, and walk through the neighboring town and back to my home.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Get fit!
« Reply #121 on: January 10, 2011, 02:25:15 pm »
For those of us who want to step up our fitness level but don't necessarily want to diet, I thought I would revive this thread. Thinking about working out in a gym or fitness center? I'll be glad to answer your questions! I have three centers I can visit. One is just down the hill from my house, another is in the building I work in, and the third is just down the road from my mother's house. I feel very fortunate and make time to visit one or more of these places several times a week. Do you have questions about how to use the machines, gym etiquette, or how to make the best use of your time? Ask here!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #122 on: January 02, 2013, 02:08:53 pm »
Anyone interested in reviving this thread for the New Year?

I was just reading an interesting article on 9 habits that may do more harm than good.

One that spoke to me was about only doing a cardio routine during your workout. If you do the same cardio routine day in day out, your body stops getting much benefit from it. I'm ready to change up my routine for the New Year!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #123 on: January 07, 2013, 12:40:29 pm »
I need to lose all my baby and xmas weight, so yes! Finishing off the xmas goodies and then I'll start!

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #124 on: January 07, 2013, 01:00:46 pm »
Yay, Kelda! Chuck was also commenting on holiday sweets, which made me notice that there's still a big bowl of Halloween candy sitting on the counter in our break room! The best thing to do IMO for coworkers is to bag all this stuff up and put it discretely in the trash! We also have a diabetic person in our office who can't eat sweets but he is always going out and buying them for everybody else. Well, that's not really appreciated by me, for one.

But I am tempted anyway, sometimes especially in the afternoons. I manage to avoid eating too many sweets by imagining them pasted onto my thighs, waist and rear, wrappers and all. That usually tends to spoil the appeal for me!

Another small thing that helps is that I usually have some kind of fruit for breakfast. Today it's a clementine and a banana, but usually I eat a banana and some berries or grapes. I also often eat a fruit side dish for lunch or dinner. Today I have a relish that includes cranberries, dates, and oranges. These tend to curb the sugar cravings. I don't drink sugary beverages or sweet ones, but I do put milk in my coffee or tea. Milk has sugar in it, but it's good for your body because it is in balance with the protein and carbs that are also in milk.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #125 on: January 08, 2013, 02:48:04 pm »
Sometimes small changes can make a big difference. There was a wonderful machine at one place I worked that brewed individual cups of coffee to taste. I always chose the decaf coffee with milk option but got suspicious when I started to gain weight. As I was waiting for my coffee to brew one day, I looked in the trash and saw a discarded container of Carnation shelf stable "creamer" that the machine technician had thrown out when he serviced the machine. Checking online, I found out that this "milk" was actually approximately one-half soy oil and one-half corn syrup. No more "milk" in my coffee! Soy oil and corn syrup have insinuated their way into a whole slew of food products, particularly the lower priced brands, and they are contributing to the obesity-without-nutrition epidemic among the poor.

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #126 on: January 09, 2013, 02:44:58 pm »
I need to lose all my baby and xmas weight, so yes! Finishing off the xmas goodies and then I'll start!

Kelda I started weightwatchers 2 weeks ago. It works!! And it's so easy with their new prop points system. I don't know why I didn't try it a long time ago. I tried Rosemary Conley and that was FAR too strict. Tried Slimming World and I put weight on!! My first week on WW and I lost 3lbs!! I'm exercising as well though. I've got a DVD and I do  minutes of aerobics twice a day. It's Rosemary Conley's fat attack DVD. I can't do her diets but her DVD's are good and this one is fun. Best of luck with losing the pounds. You can do it.  :)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #127 on: January 09, 2013, 06:27:38 pm »
Lovely graphic with suggestions about how to stock your pantry with healthy staples: http://www.fitsugar.com/Basic-Healthy-Pantry-Items-26681923

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #128 on: January 11, 2013, 01:25:12 pm »
Thanks Souxi. Plan to start back using my fitness pal app. That worked well for me last time.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #129 on: January 21, 2015, 01:00:17 pm »
Well, friends, it is that time of the year again! Time to start thinking about giving up some vice for a while and starting to get fit for spring activities. I have a ton of gardening stuff planned for this spring, in addition to the usual mountain climbing and hiking, so I have to get in shape. I babysit two active toddlers twice a week, so that is a good start. In my new community there is a rec center nearby. I have to go over there and check it out. Fortunately, I'm at my goal weight but need to do a little fine tuning of my diet. There's some good info in this thread and we all need to do this together and share what works...and what doesn't!