Author Topic: Middle of Nowhere - by Poppyhoney-67  (Read 9717 times)

mvansand76

Middle of Nowhere - by Poppyhoney-67
« on: October 11, 2007, 01:01:21 pm »
Hi all,

This is a great new story by Christie (poppyhoney-67).

Summary: Ennis and Jack are working as counselors on a children's camp for the summer. Their meeting on the first evening on the camp leads to a friendship neither had expected, nor looked for.

Chapter 1. http://poppyhoney-67.livejournal.com/1478.html
Chapter 2. http://poppyhoney-67.livejournal.com/1599.html
Chapter 3. http://poppyhoney-67.livejournal.com/1981.html

And chapter 4 that was just posted:

http://poppyhoney-67.livejournal.com/

This is already a great read!

:D

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
Re: Middle of Nowhere - by Poppyhoney-67
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 10:36:47 pm »
This is a great story. For some reason I am drawn to the teen E&J and this one is developing very nicely. The buildup of their attraction to each has been very well done-so sweet and naive 9 (and, of course, clueless) are those boys.

O0

Heathen

mvansand76

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 06:24:46 am »
This is a great story. For some reason I am drawn to the teen E&J and this one is developing very nicely. The buildup of their attraction to each has been very well done-so sweet and naive 9 (and, of course, clueless) are those boys.

O0

I agree and I love her very different approach to it, it's refreshing...

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 12:47:26 pm »
Thanks for the heads-up and the nice rec!  I haven't had a chance to start this one yet, but I look forward to it!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 08:05:55 pm »
Thanks for pointing this story out!  I'll have a look at it over the weekend. 8)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 11:59:58 pm »
So, I did read this story (as it stands) this weekend and I really, really like it!  Thanks again for starting the thread about it.
:)

mvansand76

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 06:19:35 am »
So, I did read this story (as it stands) this weekend and I really, really like it!  Thanks again for starting the thread about it.

You are welcome!  :D

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 09:29:05 am »
Hi everyone.   :)

My name is Christie, also known as poppyhoney.....and the writer of this fic that snuit has very kindly created a thread for here.   I'm very flattered and a little embarrassed.  *blushes*   There are so many wonderful fics out there and I feel extremely honoured to have a thread in amongst those for those stories too.

I'm glad you are all enjoying it.  I love young Ennis and Jack, and I have worked on a summer camp in Maine so I am using those two elements to drive this story along.  I am enjoying writing it but wish I could update much faster than I am doing so right now, but constraints on my time due to RL issues don't allow me too.  Plus, I havent worked out a way to create another 24 hours in my day!   ;)

I am writing Chapter 5 at the moment and hope to post it by the end of the week - fingers crossed.    Things are starting to hot up.   ;)

mvansand76

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 10:33:46 am »
Hi everyone.   :)

My name is Christie, also known as poppyhoney.....and the writer of this fic that snuit has very kindly created a thread for here.   I'm very flattered and a little embarrassed.  *blushes*   There are so many wonderful fics out there and I feel extremely honoured to have a thread in amongst those for those stories too.

I'm glad you are all enjoying it.  I love young Ennis and Jack, and I have worked on a summer camp in Maine so I am using those two elements to drive this story along.  I am enjoying writing it but wish I could update much faster than I am doing so right now, but constraints on my time due to RL issues don't allow me too.  Plus, I havent worked out a way to create another 24 hours in my day!   ;)

I am writing Chapter 5 at the moment and hope to post it by the end of the week - fingers crossed.    Things are starting to hot up.   ;)

Hey Christie! Welcome! New chapter up by the end of the week, that sounds like wonderful news! Will be sending you lots of creative energy and some spare time too!

;) :)

Hugs to you, Mel

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 12:45:57 pm »
Hi Christie!

Thanks for jumping in here!  And, let me add my welcome to Mel's. :)

Can't wait for the next update.

cheers,
Amanda