Author Topic: which foreign language would you like to speak as well as your first language?  (Read 17591 times)

Dagi

Well, if said fairy came to me, I would have to think quite a long time about that. But I think I´d choose English, since I´d be able to get at least some of Susie´s jokes then...

Which language would you choose, AND WHY?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
French. And why? I think it's a beautiful language.  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
I had a couple of years of Spanish in school, but never used it in conversation enough to develop it. There are many Spanish-speaking people in my area, so I would like to be able to speak and understand Spanish.

A very nice Mexican family lived on my grandparent's farm for awhile after they'd died, and many times I would combine some Spanish, English, and a few pretty funny motions to communicate with them.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
I chose Chinese. After visiting a friend in Shanghai this year who speaks the language, I got quite fascinated by it. But, of course, apart from "Ni hao!" which means "Hello!" I don't have the faintest grasp of it...  ::)   

Dagi

So many answers in such a short time! If I could choose some more languages, Italian and Spanish would be two of the languages I´d love to speak...

Dagi

Italian.  Because I like the way it sounds, even though I don't understand a word.  Because the food is great.  Because the history is fascinating.  Because the ruins, and the art, and the architecture are amazing.  Because the country is beautiful.  Because the boys are even more beautiful.   ;D

Gary   

Even in a poll about languages you manage to mention boys. Ts ts ts... ;D

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
I would like to speak Japanese. My daughter is studying Japanese and it is fascinating.

An equal choice would be German.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

mvansand76

Hebrew and Russian, my sister-in-law can help me with both, so those are the best choices!

Dagi

I would like to speak Japanese. My daughter is studying Japanese and it is fascinating.

An equal choice would be German.

L

Japanese sounds beautifully, but three different ways of writing it, that would definitely scare me off. German? Are you sure? :P I don´t like the sound...I love my own dialect though, Bavarian, which sounds a little softer.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Japanese sounds beautifully, but three different ways of writing it, that would definitely scare me off. German? Are you sure? :P I don´t like the sound...I love my own dialect though, Bavarian, which sounds a little softer.

I feel like I have alot of German friends, lately, and I would like to be able to say more than bitte and danke! LOL
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!