Author Topic: Returning things  (Read 5535 times)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
Returning things
« on: October 17, 2007, 01:22:05 pm »
Don,t you just hate it when you,ve lent something to someone, say a book, and they take ages to return it? My son lent a game to a friend about 10 days ago and it still hasn,t been returned. Every time we go round their house either no one is at home or they are ignoring the door. I,ve just posted a note through their door asking for it to be returned. I,ve also told my son to tell his pal to return it tomorow as soon as he gets home from school I,m so furious. why are people so damn rude and inconsiderate?  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Returning things
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 03:31:39 pm »
Call me selfish, but I do not loan items at all. (except family) I lent a video to a friend once, when I got it back the cover/box was all mangled. Her child got a hold of it was her excuse but my thought is: "put it somewhere where the kid can't get it. Take a little better care of it because it does not belong to you" Same thing with books. I am very easy on my items and my read books still look like new.

It's kind of hard, you don't want to teach your child to be selfish but as you can see not all people are very considerate and/or considerate of other peoples property.

I hope you get your game back and do be careful about who you loan to.

injest

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 06:54:53 pm »
I hate for anyone to break the spin on a book. One night my brotherinlaw (the one I liked) stayed over and teased me that he was gonna get up in the night and start cracking the spines  :laugh: :laugh:

I loaned my original Star Wars VCR tapes to a relative. (you know those are collector items fer us Star Wars freaks (considering how Mr. Lucas INSISTS on changing the films every other week...)

anyway, when he gave them back, there were roach feces all over the boxes!!!  :P :P no way to get all that off....

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 06:58:49 pm »
I loaned my original Star Wars VCR tapes to a relative. (you know those are collector items fer us Star Wars freaks (considering how Mr. Lucas INSISTS on changing the films every other week...)

anyway, when he gave them back, there were roach feces all over the boxes!!!  :P :P no way to get all that off....

Eeew!  :o  ::)  ;D  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

injest

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 07:02:01 pm »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 07:02:55 pm »
I hate for anyone to break the spin on a book. One night my brotherinlaw (the one I liked) stayed over and teased me that he was gonna get up in the night and start cracking the spines  :laugh: :laugh:

anyway, when he gave them back, there were roach feces all over the boxes!!!  :P :P no way to get all that off....

Oh God! Yuck!   :P

What does roach feces look like? Isn't it like little pellets? God, it's making me sick. I can't bear to even think about it.  :P

That's a terrible shame Jess! And it was an extremely rude and inconsiderate thing for him to do to you.  >:(
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 07:11:43 pm »
roach feces are little black specks....lots and lots and lots of little black specks...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 07:12:43 pm »
roach feces are little black specks....lots and lots and lots of little black specks...

Mouse turds are little pellets. ...
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

injest

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2007, 07:16:07 pm »
Mouse turds are little pellets. ...

goat poop is like little cannon balls. you get a goat and it looks like the elves were having a young war in your yard.

But DANG your grass will look GREAT!!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 08:53:36 pm »
I did it again, didn't I?

I managed to turn another thread OT. This time it went from returning things that don't belong to you to a discussion on various types of animal shi*t.

Less is more in that department btw.  :P

;)  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.