Author Topic: Returning things  (Read 5534 times)

injest

Re: Returning things
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2007, 09:04:02 pm »
I did it again, didn't I?

I managed to turn another thread OT. This time it went from returning things that don't belong to you to a discussion on various types of animal shi*t.

Less is more in that department btw.  :P

;)  :D

I lent a series of romance novels out....didnt get them back and now she has MOVED off!!

I will NEVER get them back!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2007, 10:36:56 pm »
I did it again, didn't I?

I managed to turn another thread OT. This time it went from returning things that don't belong to you to a discussion on various types of animal shi*t.

It's a gift, David.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2007, 10:38:26 pm »
I lent a series of romance novels out....didnt get them back and now she has MOVED off!!

I will NEVER get them back!

I've had that sort of thing happen a couple of times, once with a real expensive theater history textbook.

Now I go out of my way to avoid either lending or borrowing.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2007, 06:25:32 pm »
That's a good point Jeff Wrangler regarding borrowing. I have had people insist I can borrow their DVD etc. I don't like to take things from others. I feel if I want something, I'll get it myself and I always turn down offers to borrow.

I have had this happen where I'm discussing a movie with someone at work, they have the movie and insist I borrow their DVD. They even bring it into work (even after I had said no I don't want to borrow the movie) and I have to, as nice as I can, turn down their offer and not take the DVD. This may sound strange but it works for me.  :)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2007, 08:03:56 am »
I have decided that the concept of "lending" doesn't exist (except with libraries). If I lend something to someone, I figure it is never coming back...I didn't lend it, I gave it. So, ergo, I never lend anything I want back. If it is something I can live without, then I will lend/give it, and not think about it again.

A few years ago my son lent "Shakespeare in Love" to his drama teacher, much to my dismay. Of course, it didn't come back. Lance is now out of high school and we'll never see the teacher. I should just bite the bullet and buy another copy.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!