Author Topic: Ok! Magazine is reporting that Heath is in talks to do BBM 2  (Read 26654 times)

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Re: Ok! Magazine is reporting that Heath is in talks to do BBM 2
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2007, 01:28:08 pm »
The only character who would have to reprise his role is Heath. In multiple sequel scenarios that I can envision, there is absolutely no reason for any other character to re-occur.
Leslie
Aw c'mon!   "Jack Twist was in his dream", as Proulx's book states.  This would require Jake to reprise his role in flashback form — in sad scenes for the pillow wetting, and full-frontal nude sex scenes for the sheet wetting.

AND Ennis loves his daughters they didn't mysteriously drop from the planet and his life.  Gotta have Jr and Jenny back.
 ;D

I'm afraid tho, sorry all you fan fiction devotee's, that I believe this to be total hogwash.  It would never work, all the other films that have sequels are not PERFECT films like Brokeback Mountain.  You don't mess with perfection unless you're a f*cking idiot.
 ;) Just sayin about movies sequels, no smear against fan fiction, it's writers or readers is intended in this comment.

OH and yes Jeff the Harry Potter stories are each based on one book from the series, all written by the same author of a piece, each one stands alone, but each tell part of the total tale.
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2007, 01:40:56 pm »

yes, really.  I didn't take down my stories and rewrite them willingly, Jeff.

Somewhere I had picked up that you had taken them down and were recasting them. It was the expense to Annie Proulx part that surprised me.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2007, 01:41:58 pm »

Dang tabloids. 
Sounds like fiction to me.   :)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2007, 01:42:41 pm »
AND Ennis loves his daughters they didn't mysteriously drop from the planet and his life.  Gotta have Jr and Jenny back.
 ;D

I'm afraid tho, sorry all you fan fiction devotee's, that I believe this to be total hogwash.  It would never work, all the other films that have sequels are not PERFECT films like Brokeback Mountain.  You don't mess with perfection unless you're a f*cking idiot.
 ;) Just sayin about movies sequels, no smear against fan fiction, it's writers or readers is intended in this comment.

OH and yes Jeff the Harry Potter stories are each based on one book from the series, all written by the same author of a piece, each one stands alone, but each tell part of the total tale.

Yes it WOULD work and the only reason it would is because of Louise,s original fan fic, which is a masterpiece in it,self. I,ve always said, along with Leslie that it should and deserves to made into a film. Ennis was only 42 years old when Jack died. He can,t be left to rot in that crappy old trailer for the rest of his life, he deserves a chance to find out who and what he is, and Hugh is just the man to help him. ;) ;D
I think we,ll be arguing the toss with this one for some time to come. :)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2007, 01:45:28 pm »
I'm afraid tho, sorry all you fan fiction devotee's, that I believe this to be total hogwash.  It would never work, all the other films that have sequels are not PERFECT films like Brokeback Mountain.  You don't mess with perfection unless you're a f*cking idiot.

Sorry, in my mind, Hollywood doesn't give a shit about perfection, art, or anything else so lofty and ideal. They are looking for the next big hit and the next big thing to bring in bucks. And frankly, I think they look at sites like this, and cullen, and ennisjack that continue to be active two years after the movie was released; they look at fans who raise money to publish ads in Variety and write books (I am referring to the cullen book but there are others); they look at fans who spend fortunes on auctions of BBM paraphernalia; they look at fans who buy multiple copies of the DVD to give to friends as gifts; fans who begin fundraising campaigns to put a copy of the DVD in every library in America....

They look at this and think, "Why not do a second movie? We already have a built in audience..." Does this really seem so farfetched? I don't think so.

I remember when The Godfather Part 2 was announced there was a tremendous amount of condemnation because everyone was saying that The Godfather was "perfect" (it won the Oscar for pete's sake!) and sequels are "always" bad. And guess what? GF2 won the Oscar, too, and in the minds of many critics is regarded as the better film. I tend to agree.

If the "powers that be" could put together the right package of script, director, actors, and money, I have no doubt that BBM2 would be greenlighted. I just hope that it would follow the Godfather experience and become a movie that we would all love and enjoy as much as the first one.

L

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2007, 01:51:36 pm »
Exactly right Leslie. You only have to look at the huge success of the Harry Potter films and the Lord of the Rings to see that sequels, can and DO work..... why not with BBM? Yes the first film was a mastepiece and there is no reason why a sequel shouldn,t be either. All the sequels to Lethal Weapon were big hits too, I loved those movies.

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2007, 02:01:27 pm »
I'm truly hesitant on believing a BBM2 would be as good as the original film.. I dont think that they should tinker with perfection.  Everyone here makes a good point but I think ill still with Lucise
Dang tabloids. 
Sounds like fiction to me.   :)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2007, 02:02:42 pm »
Sorry, in my mind, Hollywood doesn't give a shit about perfection, art, or anything else so lofty and ideal.

No, Hollywood doesn't, but someone like Ang Lee does.

They are looking for the next big hit and the next big thing to bring in bucks. And frankly, I think they look at sites like this, and cullen, and ennisjack that continue to be active two years after the movie was released; they look at fans who raise money to publish ads in Variety and write books (I am referring to the cullen book but there are others); they look at fans who spend fortunes on auctions of BBM paraphernalia; they look at fans who buy multiple copies of the DVD to give to friends as gifts; fans who begin fundraising campaigns to put a copy of the DVD in every library in America....

They look at this and think, "Why not do a second movie? We already have a built in audience..." Does this really seem so farfetched? I don't think so.

I think perhaps maybe it is a bit farfetched? Maybe those of us who have done and are doing all the things you've mentioned still don't add up, in Hollywood's eyes, to a bankable demographic?

Not arguing with you, Leslie, just wonderin'. ...  :)

Gangster pics and their sequels probably have a broader demographic appeal than Brokeback Mountain.

"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2007, 02:14:29 pm »

I think perhaps maybe it is a bit farfetched? Maybe those of us who have done and are doing all the things you've mentioned still don't add up, in Hollywood's eyes, to a bankable demographic?

Let's see, three-quarters of the women on the planet and most (not all...I actually know two gay guys who have not seen BBM) gay men under the sun don't add up to a bankable demographic? LOL

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2007, 02:15:27 pm »
I really think Brokeback Mountain had one of the most beautiful endings I have ever seen in a film, and I for one do not think that any sequel could do justice to the spirit of the original without reproducing the same story... but perhaps I am a little closed-minded?
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.