Author Topic: Ok! Magazine is reporting that Heath is in talks to do BBM 2  (Read 26610 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Ok! Magazine is reporting that Heath is in talks to do BBM 2
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2007, 05:44:43 pm »
Hunh.

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2007, 05:48:23 pm »
Heath is currently listed as being in the next Terry Gilliam movie it is a fantasy Christopher Plummer is also involved.
The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus is the title.

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2007, 07:54:56 pm »
I was absolutely certain this sequel story was a total fabrication and hoax from the first time I heard of it. There's a long list of reasons why, but they're moot now because... (though he's hardly the most reliable source either), Perez Hilton says in his blog today that the sequel story's a lie, and that he's been directly in contact with Focus Features who denies that any sequel is in the works.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2007, 08:02:01 pm »

I got a Email today that states that Michelle Williams is planning on moving to Portland Ore...I wonder
why she is moving here...?  Odd...

Beautiful mind

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2007, 10:43:37 pm »
Well, I'm sure the story is nonsense.  I certainly hope it is.

A sequel where Ennis 'comes out' would - of course - destroy the short story ending and pretty much the setting in which Annie set her story.  A place where people don't change.

Ang took liberties with her ending, and I didn't particularly care for it.  The story was a tragedy and it's best read and kept that way.  IMO, that makes more of an impact.  A story of lives lost and hope wasted.  To make a sequel where Ennis comes out would be like 'oh, well he had it in him to come out, but it took Jack dying for it to happen.  So Jack wasted his life on Ennis and now someone else gets the benefit.'

Gag.   :-X

Making a sequel to a tragedy...hmmm, Romeo and Juliet, the Aftermath?  Young Fortinbras, Hamlett II?  The English Patient Recovers?

Nah....

yb

« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2007, 11:06:00 pm »
I agree with Leslie about a Sequel, but I'm also glad that Focus Features has denied it. 

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2007, 11:16:32 pm »

Making a sequel to a tragedy...hmmm, Romeo and Juliet, the Aftermath?  Young Fortinbras, Hamlett II?  The English Patient Recovers?

Nah....

:laugh:

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2007, 05:58:34 am »
Raises hand for not wanting to see it, but probably would...out of some misplaced sense of obligation.

mmmhhhhmmmmm..

Its perfect the way it is.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2007, 06:17:36 am »
Perhaps they should rather consider making the prequel.  ;) "Brokeback, the early years".   Let us know exactly what happened with Jack the summer of -62, for instance. There could be various premonition kind of scenes/dream scenes bringing J&E together.

And no, in case anyone thinks otherwise - I don't mean that. Any prequel *or* sequel would be sacrilege in my book. But I look at that iconic image of the two of them, close-up in the dozy, it's my screen saver still, and I think of how I'd love to see the two of them looking like that again..... 

Hey, they should make a "In-the-middle-quel"!!  Delving into one specific fishing trip and everything that happend. Perferrably pre-divorce timeline, when Jack was still so sweet and hopeful. Lots of things could take place with them there up in the mountains apart from the obvious ones.... a murder mystery, an avalanche, a volcano eruption, a plague of bears....  ;D But whatever, we'd need quite a lot of scenes of the obvious events going on to get the context. Yes! this gets my vote!

mvansand76

« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2007, 07:26:14 am »
mmmhhhhmmmmm..

Its perfect the way it is.

couldnt have said it better, Kelda!