Author Topic: Thoughts for the day  (Read 1200072 times)

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
Re: Thoughts for the day
« Reply #1680 on: May 26, 2009, 06:48:49 pm »
It is because I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo broke I am shaking that coffee can, hoping to find $24.00.

I know what you mean Tru.  ;)

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #1681 on: May 26, 2009, 07:04:22 pm »
It is because I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo broke I am shaking that coffee can, hoping to find $24.00.

Been there done that Tru.......I remember years ago searching on the floor of the car looking for some coin to put in a electricity meter, and another time, running out of petrol, and being greatful for some lawn mower petrol.

Hang in there......it doesn't last forever.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

injest

« Reply #1682 on: May 26, 2009, 07:08:00 pm »
Been there done that Tru.......I remember years ago searching on the floor of the car looking for some coin to put in a electricity meter, and another time, running out of petrol, and being greatful for some lawn mower petrol.

Hang in there......it doesn't last forever.

my mother said something about the change on the floor of my car...I told her it was my retirement fund..

Offline ohiomyown

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1683 on: May 26, 2009, 07:35:53 pm »

Ah.  Makes perfect sense to me then.

I always thought we should have put $24 in the coffee can and left it in the stash up on Brokenback Mountain.  Times like this,  most of us would be running up there, shaking that coffee can.

How much would $24 (in 1957 dollars when Ennis was orphaned) be worth today. . . In 2009 Dollars?  Do we have any actuarial types on board tonight?
Judy

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #1684 on: May 26, 2009, 07:42:24 pm »
Ah.  Makes perfect sense to me then.

I always thought we should have put $24 in the coffee can and left it in the stash up on Brokenback Mountain.  Times like this,  most of us would be running up there, shaking that coffee can.

How much would $24 (in 1957 dollars when Ennis was orphaned) be worth today. . . In 2009 Dollars?  Do we have any actuarial types on board tonight?
Judy

Judy you're on the right track. 

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #1685 on: May 28, 2009, 12:46:51 pm »
I think that whoever said 'If it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger" was full of bullsh*t.

Sometimes, if it doesn't kill you, it just sucks.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #1686 on: May 28, 2009, 01:53:39 pm »
I think that whoever said 'If it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger" was full of bullsh*t.

You can say that twice and mean it.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #1687 on: May 28, 2009, 02:10:24 pm »

What Truman said.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #1688 on: May 29, 2009, 02:23:40 pm »
People are such assholes.

I have spent three days cleaning a house, buying area rugs, pulling staples out of a hard wood floor, replacing a toilet seat, cleaning the refrigerator, painting the trim and this morning I was moping the ceiling. The 20 minutes before I am supposed to meet this asshole at the house to do a walk thru he shows up saying he is not going to rent the house because the oil tank has no cover on it. Oh I got mad. I told him he better leave and leave now. He did.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #1689 on: May 29, 2009, 02:36:22 pm »
People are such assholes.

I have spent three days cleaning a house, buying area rugs, pulling staples out of a hard wood floor, replacing a toilet seat, cleaning the refrigerator, painting the trim and this morning I was moping the ceiling. The 20 minutes before I am supposed to meet this asshole at the house to do a walk thru he shows up saying he is not going to rent the house because the oil tank has no cover on it. Oh I got mad. I told him he better leave and leave now. He did.

>:( >:( >:(
"Laß sein. Laß sein."