Author Topic: Thoughts for the day  (Read 1170091 times)

Scott6373

Re: Thoughts for the day
« Reply #190 on: November 13, 2007, 10:22:04 am »

"Funny thing about love, you are always at its mercy."

The closest we can come to divinity, in my opinion, is to be able to say that we love another human being, without reservation, and without expectation of love being a gift that is returned to us.  I know you have great difficulty with the concept of "expectation", but in my heart, I know that the dark side of love loses all of it's hurting power when we can allow ourselves to love, and to lose, and to be hurt, yet still not begrudge the gift of love we have made to another human being.  That certainly does not mean that anyone should keep a person in their lives that is an impediment to our continuing  down our own path of growth and learning.  We can love those people, but leave them.  If we do leave them behind, and have done our best to love them as we are able, then we come closer to the divine.  That isn't placing expectations on them.  It's just a keen sense of what our souls need to flourish.

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #191 on: November 13, 2007, 10:26:42 am »
Just wait till you have a lover die on you. ...  :-\  For your sake, Friend, I sure hope that never happens.

I'm sure it will.

Unless there is a tragedy where both die at once, with any couple that has made a lifetime commitment, one is left behind to mourn when the other goes on to continue the next part of their journey.  So no matter what my future holds, I'll either be the one on my journey, or the one left to mourn.

Why worry about what I have no control over?

When I said you can look as a positive or negative, it was more along the lines of hating the feelings, reactions, or experiences that come along with being love, or reveling in it.

When I was in love, I reveled in it, experienced it, and loved it.

When he left me, it hurt like hell, I won't lie about that.  But I made it through, rebounded, and found out how strong I truly am.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #192 on: November 13, 2007, 02:43:04 pm »
Hugs to you all!

WE never have enough hugs??

Hugs!

No, we don't. I can;t imagine a world where there will ever be enough.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #193 on: November 13, 2007, 03:30:10 pm »
My thought for today is with some hesitancy, but I will move forward with it, I being  only a vessel.

Last night I was watching an episode of Torchwood. I really like Torchwood and its strange immortal gay character whose name I have yet to learn. Last night one of the characters fell for a woman from 1953, and they admitted their love for one another and after he fell asleap she looked at him and said something like:

"Funny thing about love, you are always at its mercy."

Well, it ramped it up a notch for me.   :-\

John Barrowman as Captain Jack Harkness *shivers*

sexy lead man and a good show!!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #194 on: November 13, 2007, 03:34:10 pm »
He certainly is. Yowzer!  :o

Offline Artiste

« Reply #195 on: November 13, 2007, 05:20:32 pm »
Mother is back from along trip down south. Her and I just watched two great daily soaps on a French TV. In one, there is a subject; women are different from men: you as a man, do not only have to prove that you love them, but also have to show it!

What do you think?

Hugs!

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #196 on: November 13, 2007, 05:55:50 pm »
Mother is back from along trip down south. Her and I just watched two great daily soaps on a French TV. In one, there is a subject; women are different from men: you as a man, do not only have to prove that you love them, but also have to show it!

What do you think?

Hugs!

Friend, just show me some love, it is all the proof I need.  ;D

Hugs!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #197 on: November 13, 2007, 07:34:02 pm »
John Barrowman as Captain Jack Harkness *shivers*

sexy lead man and a good show!!!

He certainly is. Yowzer!  :o

And gay.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #198 on: November 13, 2007, 07:52:13 pm »
Thanks Shakestheground!  You are right!

Love comes in different ways, wondrous ones!! Let it be shown... often!

Just saw an hour ago Falling Star likely was its title, of the series on TV called Touched By An Angel, in which the child had Tourrette's syndrom, unfortunately! His father killed a young man and therefore blames badly his son's ways with that maladie, and only realises that he has trouble like his own dad had: that of bad control and blaming!! But the son with Tourrettes blames unfortunately himself now too since his dad had yelled in rage bad words at him for being so sick !! Finally, the two, the grand-son and father meet Christmas day in prison, and that is a scene for many tears, believe me!!

Anyone saw that?  It reminds me somehow of the BM movie!! To you too??

Hugs!

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #199 on: November 13, 2007, 10:20:51 pm »
I had Touretts right bad when I was a kid. The other kids called me Dr. Blinky because I was always blinking my eyes, forcefully enough they stayed red. That was followed by throat clearing and noise making. Thankfully I never sucumbed to yelling profanity. It is a weird thing. Today I mostly grit my terth and run my tongue along my incisors. It drives me nuts sometimes and I slow down and relax.