Author Topic: Thoughts for the day  (Read 1198026 times)

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Thoughts for the day
« Reply #300 on: November 18, 2007, 11:55:37 am »
Nope.

;D

My treatment of choice for colds is lots of Tylenol and orange juice.  But that probably don't help so much with the stuffiness.
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #301 on: November 18, 2007, 01:17:44 pm »
I was getting ready to say, what happened to the chicken soup? But I see Jeff already had some of that

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #302 on: November 18, 2007, 01:53:14 pm »
The REAL ephedrine is in ephedra, a bush that grows in the Rocky Mountains. It's also called Mormon Tea bush. I saw many of these bushes in my recent visit to Chaco canyon in the Four Corners area of northern New Mexico. There was a highly-advertised cold medicine called Ephidac in the ?80s? ?90s? made from ephedra, but it was taken off the market because it could cause heart attacks and all sorts of negative reactions. Pseudoephedrene was then developed, but I think it was also proven to be harmful.

I think the real problem with pseudoephedrine is that it can be used to cook crystal meth.  :P

I wonder if you're thinking of that thing that was in some diet drug that they had to take off the market because it caused heart problems? I can't remember what that was called.  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #303 on: November 18, 2007, 01:54:42 pm »
Has anybody ever head of the thing where you put a big onion slice with sugar which causes a broth which you then inhale and it clears you out?

No, but I heard that if you're having a baby, if you put a knife under the bed, it cuts the pain in two.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #304 on: November 18, 2007, 02:02:20 pm »
I will remember that Jeff although I am not planning on having a baby anytime soon :D

And by the way I said you inhale the broth when I meant to say you drink the broth. The broth would be quite difficult to inhale and if you were able to I think you would end up more stuffed up and sicker.

Offline McNell

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #305 on: November 18, 2007, 04:43:44 pm »
Has anybody ever head of the thing where you put a big onion slice with sugar which causes a broth which you then inhale and it clears you out?

Hmmm...I can sure use that today....this cold is "coming out"...yuck...I'll cry like a baby inhaling that big 'ole union ;D

Mod...oh wait...just saw that you're suppose to drink it...okay.. ::)

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #306 on: November 18, 2007, 05:17:21 pm »
Yes, please don't inhale the onion. Then you will be in a real mess cause it will get stuck in your nose, but it will make you forget about the cold. Would you believe that when I was a little kid I really did stuff a big piece of onion up my nose? I really did for some reason. I don't remember it, but my parents had to rush me to the doctor to get it out.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #307 on: November 18, 2007, 05:19:38 pm »
Yes, please don't inhale the onion. Then you will be in a real mess cause it will get stuck in your nose, but it will make you forget about the cold. Would you believe that when I was a little kid I really did stuff a big piece of onion up my nose? I really did for some reason. I don't remember it, but my parents had to rush me to the doctor to get it out.

I can believe it. Apparently it's quite a common occurrence among small children. Peanuts, popcorn, shit like that.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #308 on: November 18, 2007, 05:25:26 pm »

My oldest son, stuck a bean up there...We had to take him to the doctor too.  It was a dried
bean, which could have sprouted in that environment..Holy cats what kids think to do.

Beautiful mind

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #309 on: November 18, 2007, 05:31:41 pm »
I'm glad that is common since I was thinking I was just weird.......well, that is probably true too  ;D Wonder why kids would want to stick something up their nose? Yes a dried bean could sprout there. I bet that was hard to get out. By the way Janice, how is your daughter?