Author Topic: Thoughts for the day  (Read 1199703 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Thoughts for the day
« Reply #790 on: January 03, 2008, 10:23:16 am »
Okay, I heard this second hand, so I am going to parahraise here.

Yesterday someone told me about staying up late and watching CNN and seeing an interview with Kinky Friedman. Now not everybody will know who he is, so here is the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinky_Friedman

He is probably best know for his second musical group: Kinky Friedman and the Texas Jewboys.

I was told he said: "You should never say the word fuck around a C-H-I-L-D".

Well, I thought it was funny, and glad the kids were in bed asleap.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #791 on: January 03, 2008, 11:10:29 am »

;D    heh

Beautiful mind

Scott6373

« Reply #792 on: January 03, 2008, 11:12:34 am »

I was told he said: "You should never say the word fuck around a C-H-I-L-D".

The things I have heard adults say to children pale in comparison to that one word.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #793 on: January 03, 2008, 11:24:28 am »

I read that profile you put up...That guy is a total iconoclast... very irrereverant and funny...
I had never heard of him before.

So true Scott.  Kids can take hearing foul language, it doesnt hurt them in the long run...Its the
hateful and derrogatory remarks to them as a person that injures them.

Beautiful mind

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #794 on: January 03, 2008, 11:38:11 am »
I don't know....but my knee jerk is yes, domestic violence would be heterosexual assault.

Yes, I agree it would be, but I can't see a person assaulting their spouce because they are hetero, that is a side detail. I was thinking along the lines of a hetero finding themselves in a gay neighborhood and being attacked for who they are. I am certainly not advocating anytype of violent behavior, it is just that thinking about that as a possibilty sort of opens my mind up a tad more. Hard to 'spalin. 
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Scott6373

« Reply #795 on: January 03, 2008, 11:42:22 am »

So true Scott.  Kids can take hearing foul language, it doesnt hurt them in the long run...Its the

I find the older I get, the less tolerant of foul language I am, mostly in public places.  Privately I use it quite a bit...I'm a big under my breath grumbler.  LOL

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #796 on: January 03, 2008, 12:04:10 pm »

It might not hurt them, but I'd be concerned that it might coarsen them.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #797 on: January 03, 2008, 12:05:52 pm »

Ken says I cuss like a sailor sometimes.  So far be it from me, to condemn anyone, for the potty mouth
syndrome.  But I dont usually use it in public, its more around home and him....Im not proud.
But it is how I am, I guess.  I think people that use it in public places show lack of intellect and the ability
to use good vocabulary... again i  cant say im better...im lazy.

Beautiful mind

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #798 on: January 03, 2008, 12:33:10 pm »
I find the older I get, the less tolerant of foul language I am, mostly in public places.  Privately I use it quite a bit...I'm a big under my breath grumbler.  LOL

Agreed. Most of mine goes on when I'm driving alone.  :P

I tell the kids that I know sometimes it just comes out really quickly -- when they get hurt or angry -- but in conversation, their vocabulary should be good enough to be able to choose better words. They agree -- whether they practice it or not??   :-\

I hate to hear people cussing at their kids.
  :(
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scott6373

« Reply #799 on: January 03, 2008, 12:42:16 pm »
Agreed. Most of mine goes on when I'm driving alone.  :P

I tell the kids that I know sometimes it just comes out really quickly -- when they get hurt or angry -- but in conversation, their vocabulary should be good enough to be able to choose better words. They agree -- whether they practice it or not??   :-\

I hate to hear people cussing at their kids.
  :(

I used to live above a family of 4.  Pretty much of the lower class (economically speaking), and the way I would hear those parents talking to their kids very nearly made me call DSS.  There are so many factors that come into play though.  The stress of never knowing where the money is going to come from not being the least of it, but I could never tolerate hearing those kids spoken to that way.  It made me sad and mad.