Author Topic: Favorite Songs of the Week  (Read 30570 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Favorite Songs of the Week
« on: October 20, 2007, 10:49:30 pm »
I used to participate in another place a lot in a place where people listed favorite songs and even gave links to videos of the songs on YouTube and similiar sites. I am going to try to recreate that here.

injest

Re: Favorite Songs of the Week
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 08:13:53 am »
oh no!! Youtube!!

*Jess flees thread!*

(I am on dialup....don't do the Youtube....but ya'll have a great time!!)

current favorite song?? Hummmmmmm......"All My Friends Say"

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 10:56:09 am »
Yes, Jess, that is a GREAT song. I like that too. I will stay away from YouTube just for you  ;) I actually didn't ever end up watching many of those anyway. I never had enough time. Never enough time............

injest

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 02:58:45 pm »
Yes, Jess, that is a GREAT song. I like that too. I will stay away from YouTube just for you  ;) I actually didn't ever end up watching many of those anyway. I never had enough time. Never enough time............
no no!

I didn't mean it like that! You go ahead...just don't expect me to watch all of them I am a bit selective with which of the videos I try to watch cause of the time it takes...I would enjoy seeing your selections and who knows...Jethro may get the lines good enough for DSL one of these days!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 03:10:54 pm »
Jess if Jethro does get those lines for DSL, you'll never go back to dial up  :)

injest

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 03:20:58 pm »
Jess if Jethro does get those lines for DSL, you'll never go back to dial up  :)

*Jess nodding*

I heard good things about it...

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 10:29:35 pm »
Here is the song that has been going around and around in my head almost all the time for the last couple of weeks.  Play it five times in a row, and multiply that by a million to get a sense of the inside of my head.  I wake up with it.  Luckily, it's cute, but whew.

Caillou
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM4LXVx1mwc[/youtube]

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 11:45:11 am »
That's definitely a different one  :) Thanks for sharing  ;)

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 12:40:58 pm »
Here's my top ten for the week beginning today, Monday, October 22, 2007:

For the sixth week at #1 (I still can't get San Francisco out of my head and this song is what me reminds me of the time out there):
1)  Because Of You - Reba McEntire
2)  Wheels - Josh Gracin
3)  The Only Promise That Remains - Reba McEntire
4)  Does That Wind Still Blow In Oklahoma - Reba McEntire
5)  Nowhere Than Somewhere - Flynnville Train
6)  I Got A Feeling - Billy Currington
7)  All My Friends Say - Luke Bryan
8)  The More I Drink - Blake Shelton
9)  Stay - Sugarland
10) 17 In Abilene - Kate Armiger

And Yes I do like lots of other kinds of music besides country, but again San Francisco is still having an effect on me. Who would have ever known SF and California would have led to that especially considering I am from the south where country music is supposed to dominate  ;)

injest

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 10:16:44 pm »
I like Kelly Clarksons version of "Because of You" the best....I am deliberately avoiding Reba's version so as not to ruin it!

:laugh: :laugh:

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2007, 12:10:18 pm »
Here's the words to a song I just recently heard called Neon Moon by Brooks and Dunn. Obviously I have been in and out of country music over time since I would have never thought a song that was new to me was actually released in 1991.

Neon Moon by Brooks and Dunn

When the sun goes down
On my side of town
That lonesome feeling
Comes to my door
The whole world turns blue

There's a rundown bar
Cross the railroad tracks
I've got a table for two
Way in the back
Where I sit alone
And think of losing you

I spend most every night
Beneath the light
Of this neon moon

If you lose your one and only
There's always room here for
the lonely
To watch your broken dreams
Dance in and out of the beams
Of a neon moon

I think of two young lovers
Running wild and free
I close my eyes
And sometimes see
You in the shadows
Of this smoke-filled room

No telling how many tears
I've sat here and cried
Or how many lies
That I've lied
Telling my poor heart
She'll come back someday
Oh, but I'll be alright
As long as there's light
From a neon moon

the lonely
Of a neon moon

The jukebox plays on
Drink by drink
The words of every sad song
Seem to say what I think
This hurt inside of me
Ain't never gonna end

Oh, but I'll be alright
As long as there's light
From a neon moon

the lonely
Of a neon moon

Of a neon moon

Of a neon moon

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2007, 12:14:35 pm »
I like Kelly Clarksons version of "Because of You" the best....I am deliberately avoiding Reba's version so as not to ruin it!

:laugh: :laugh:

Jess, I like Kelly Clarkson's version of "Because of You" too. In fact she sings on Reba's version of it as well. I couldn't avoid Reba's version on the trip to San Francisco. Everywhere I went it was playing so it became like the soundtrack for my trip. But I do understand what you mean about not ruining the other version. The first few times I heard Reba's version I wasn't even quite sure what was going on since her version sounds so much like Kelly's with a country music twang thrown in.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2007, 09:18:58 am »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the song that has been going around and around in my head almost all the time for the last couple of weeks.  Play it five times in a row, and multiply that by a million to get a sense of the inside of my head.  I wake up with it.  Luckily, it's cute, but whew.

Holy cats and kittens...I would be a raving lunatic.....yikes   My little brother used to listen to a record when we wwere kids, and it made me want to whip babies....guh........IT was called Rooty Kazooty and his root
toot tooty kazoo

« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 02:41:07 pm by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2007, 12:00:35 pm »
My sister used to do that. She would have like 5 or 6 records and yes they were 45s. She is a little more than 10 years older than me and that doesn't have anything to do with 45s by the way. I grew up with the 45s too. I even collected them. Like I was telling Eric in SF I have probably around 6,000 of them. Eric has about that many too. We were talking about that at Mel's while we were talking about jukeboxes. He is probably the first person I have ever met who also has always wanted a jukebox, but he has one and I don't. Anyway I got off the subject which is typical of my past week  :) So anyway my sister would play these same records over and over and over again. They became ingrained in my memory forever. She would literally play them until they were worn out. I actually still have these records. She gave me all of her records later on. Anyway, you can actually hear where the grooves are practically worn out. Now she had good taste. A lot of them were old Motown songs.

Offline BelAir

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 11:39:38 pm »
Sugarland's "Stay" is a cover version right?  Do you remember who sang the original?

"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline smellykellyjay

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2007, 02:13:43 am »
I used to participate in another place a lot in a place where people listed favorite songs and even gave links to videos of the songs on YouTube and similiar sites. I am going to try to recreate that here.

My most favoritest song this week is "Something to Brag About" by either Willie Nelson and Mary Kay Place or George Jones and Tammy Wynette, but there's not a trace of it on YouTube.  So, here's my second favorite, Swans by Unkle Bob, presented as I first heard it. . . 

[youtube=425,350]http://youtube.com/watch?v=LuQ95uyaLSY[/youtube]
I been one poor correspondent, and I been too, too hard to find, but it doesn't mean you ain't been on my mind.  -- America

Offline smellykellyjay

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2007, 02:26:53 am »
Here's the words to a song I just recently heard called Neon Moon by Brooks and Dunn. Obviously I have been in and out of country music over time since I would have never thought a song that was new to me was actually released in 1991.

Oh, honey!  I'm so sorry that you've been deprived.  Brooks and Dunn are great.  They bring back memories of my misspent youth.  I find their earlier stuff to be their best, but they're still churning 'em out.  Nothing beats "Neon Moon," but they do a great one called "He's Got You" that's in a similar vein. 

[youtube=425,350]http://youtube.com/watch?v=73JTRlAxDtg[/youtube]

"If You See Her/If You See Him" by them and Reba McEntosh is a good melancholy one too. 

[youtube=425,350]http://youtube.com/watch?v=85C-ddRk7jM[/youtube]

I been one poor correspondent, and I been too, too hard to find, but it doesn't mean you ain't been on my mind.  -- America

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2007, 04:59:29 pm »
Yes, REBA is GREAT!!! No doubt about that. I am learning about Brooks and Dunn as I now have three of their CDs  :) Also, my listing of my favorite songs of the week aren't on here yet, but I can say what #1 will be, "Taking Chances" by Celine Dion.

Also, Stay is a great song. I will have to think about who did it originally. I remember another version of Stay, but I'm not sure if the words are the same. I will get back to you on that one  ;)

Jack

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2007, 08:46:07 pm »

Is this what you are looking for Jack....The Temptations Stay??

http://video.aol.com/video/music-the-temptations-stay/1456313

Beautiful mind

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2007, 11:14:31 pm »
That's a great song Janice, but I don't think it is the same song that Sugarland does. Thanks for introducing me to this one though  :)

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 08:05:27 pm »
Here is another one of my topics I have not posted anything to in a very long time so I will now. My current favorite song is still, after several weeks now, "All Or Nothing" by Theory of a Deadman. Here is the YouTube video. This group is great. Every song on their newest CD is great. I already have a ticket to see them at the end of August in Atlanta at Crue Fest. So chime in, what is your favorite song or songs of the week?

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2009, 12:19:55 am »
Did I also mention that my favorite CD for the past several weeks is also by Theory of a Deadman and is called "Scars and Souvenirs." Here is the song I first heard that made me buy the CD right away when I saw it in KMart. The name is "Not Meant To Be." This is the best CD I have heard in a long time and did I say that this group is incredible. They are from Canada.

&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2009, 02:34:31 am »
So what would be my favorite song of the week for at least 10 weeks now.............All Or Nothing by Theory of a Deadman......this is becoming a fast rising song on the charts as well so maybe I am not the only one who likes this. In my opinion, Theory of a Deadman has never done a bad song. Tonight I could have been, and had a ticket, to see 3 Doors Down, but I could not make it. I will make it to to see Theory of a Deadman in Atlanta one way or another.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2009, 02:46:30 am »
I will post a video of "All Or Nothing" from a live performance someone recorded. The quality may be not that good, but this song is currently ranking within my top 5 songs of all time. I love it and I love Theory of a Deadman. The best group that has come around in a long time.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2009, 09:13:36 am »
I'm not very much into music and this may be the first time I visit this thread, but I gave Theory of a Deadman a try - and I like it! :D
I like both songs, Not meant to Be and All or Nothing. The name of the band rings a bell in the back of my head, I know that I've heard it before, but don't know where. Maybe I should ask my daughter, lol.

Anyway, like the music and I liked the vid of Not meant to Be, the backwards slow mo was great.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2009, 09:22:36 am »
I forgot to add my fav of the week: Daniel Merriweather "Change"

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_2nf65BdXM[/youtube]

Offline Sophia

• Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2009, 09:47:58 am »

An old classic group that have done it again

&hl=sv&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&hl=sv&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I am sure you can´t sit still to this song

Offline Sophia

• Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2009, 09:58:50 am »

My kids at work favorite song

&hl=sv&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&hl=sv&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Sonic is a caracter from Sonys television game Sonic

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2009, 06:44:26 pm »
My current fave....."Hush Hush" by the Pussycat Dolls

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTz43qMbvaI[/youtube]

embedding disabled.....you must click the link to hear/see the video

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2009, 10:09:24 pm »
Great songs everyone. Please keep posting more.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2009, 10:33:10 pm »
There have been two songs by Michael Jackson that I have particularly liked since his untimely passing. Here is the first one and is a song that I never really paid much attention to. Part of what brought my attention to it was that it was the rehearsal song for the tour that Michael never was to do. I think there is a lot of symbolism here too with the "prison" touch. We don't have to be in a "real prison" since we can always be in our own prison which is what happens to many people who don't quite fit in and all too often it is true that they really don't care about us. Here is "They Don't Care About Us" by Michael Jackson:

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2009, 10:40:48 pm »
This has always been one of my favorite songs by Michael Jackson. I'm not sure if it was as big of a hit as some of his others, but in my opinion is one of his very best. Here is "Human Nature" by Michael Jackson:

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2009, 10:55:13 pm »
For some reason I have been listening to a lot of John Lennon's music lately. Although I was even listening a lot before Michael Jackson's death I have been listening even more since then. There is nothing like John Lennon in my opinion. His views, his writing, his music all combine to create a truly incredible individual. It is very hard to pick a couple of songs since there are so many great songs by him. So here is one. "Imagine" by John Lennon. You have to click on the link to see this one.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2009, 11:15:13 pm »
I find it interesting that John Lennon was basically just pretty much a laid back, normal person who happened to become famous because of his huge talents. Apparently he pretty much adopted New York City as his home and walked around the city, rode his bike in Central Park, and just fit in with the common people. That fact about him reminds me a lot of the type of person Heath Ledger was who acted pretty much the same in New York City. I find this to be a very intersting parallel. Here is "Mind Games" by John Lennon. Again, you have to click on the link.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2009, 06:07:56 am »
This has always been one of my favorite songs by Michael Jackson. I'm not sure if it was as big of a hit as some of his others, but in my opinion is one of his very best. Here is "Human Nature" by Michael Jackson:

Hiya Jack!

While not as well known or played as much as other singles from the "Thriller" album (perhaps because there was no official video),  "Human Nature" was a top 10 hit for Michael Jackson.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2009, 08:25:23 am »

Hiya Jack!

While not as well known or played as much as other singles from the "Thriller" album (perhaps because there was no official video),  "Human Nature" was a top 10 hit for Michael Jackson.

You're right Chuck. "Human Nature" did make a big hit, just as you say not as big as the others. I actually was surprised that there was not an official video though.