Author Topic: Thoughts on Current TV Shows  (Read 43852 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Thoughts on Current TV Shows
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2008, 08:00:51 pm »
I find the history of the British monarchy interesting in general, and as far back as elementary school used to check the biographies of the queens out of the library.  Now the trick is finding enough time in the day to watch any of these shows!  I am not sure if you are interested in Queen Victoria, but I did enjoy the book "Victoria's Daughters" a couple of years ago.

Well, I did read a very interesting book about Victoria's life with Prince Albert, but that was years ago, so long that I forget what the book was called.  :-\

Of course, Her Majesty, Mrs. Brown, with the incomparable Dame Judi Dench as Victoria, is a very good film, too.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2009, 07:45:30 pm »
I haven't added anything here in a long time so I thought I would. First of all, the biggest upset for me concerning shows that got cancelled this past season is "Life On Mars." This was really a great show that could have made it if ABC would have simply shown it more. Instead they give it little chance by skipping the whole middle part of the season and did little advertising for it. The second show I would have liked to have seen stay around is "Worst Week." How does a show like "How I Met Your Mother" continue to stay on while a show that was really funny gets cancelled? Don't get me wrong "How I Met Your Mother" is ok, but is really nothing more than a third rate rip off of "Friends." It would have got cancelled last season if not because of two appearances by Britney Spears. Britney's appearances boosted the ratings and the show stayed on. However, Britney is not a regular cast member. As far as two of my three favorite reality shows go, the people who won on both "Survivor" and "The Amazing Race" were not my favorites, but they were also not my least favorites which is quite often the case. And now in a few weeks we will get to see the beginning of a new season of my other favorite reality show "Big Brother." If you have not watched this show before watch it. The social interaction is great. On top of that if you want to see even more of the reality of the people in the show watch "After Dark" on Showtime every night of the season. This shows a lot of what you will never get to see on the part CBS shows.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2009, 08:37:10 pm »
For the past few weeks I've been watching Mental. It was described in The New Yorker as a rip-off of E.R., but since I never watched E.R. in all the years of its long, long run, that doesn't bother me.  :laugh:  But I'll tell you what, Chris Vance, who stars in Mental and who is new to me--when he smiles, I get butterflies in my stomach.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2009, 11:08:39 pm »
For the past few weeks I've been watching Mental. It was described in The New Yorker as a rip-off of E.R., but since I never watched E.R. in all the years of its long, long run, that doesn't bother me.  :laugh:  But I'll tell you what, Chris Vance, who stars in Mental and who is new to me--when he smiles, I get butterflies in my stomach.  ;D

I agree Jeff, Mental is a very good show. There are few shows like this that catch my attention, but I do really like this one.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2009, 11:18:46 am »
I agree Jeff, Mental is a very good show. There are few shows like this that catch my attention, but I do really like this one.

Did you see it this week, Jack? Dr. Gallagher's boss (played by Annabella Sciorra) has a teenage daughter, and twice she said to her mother, "He's so hot!"  :laugh:

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2009, 11:49:05 am »
Did you see it this week, Jack? Dr. Gallagher's boss (played by Annabella Sciorra) has a teenage daughter, and twice she said to her mother, "He's so hot!"  :laugh:

No I missed it this week. All I saw was a glimpse of it since it was during my trip to Chicago. I think I have seen all of the other episodes though.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2009, 08:46:11 am »
No I missed it this week. All I saw was a glimpse of it since it was during my trip to Chicago. I think I have seen all of the other episodes though.

By luck I noticed another episode was broadcast last week. At the end Annabella Sciorra caught Dr. Gallagher making out with some other (female) doctor in his office.  ;D

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2009, 03:39:27 pm »
My current favorite show is Big Brother of course. Everything else is in reruns anyway. And I am for Jeff who of course ended up on the block. I just hope he wins POV. Ronnie is a snake.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 09:25:02 am by jstephens9 »

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2009, 09:52:17 pm »
JEFF WINS POV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2009, 08:41:12 am »
I saw your big brother tread but since I dont get the US version I didn't comment - your big brother works differently from ours I'm sure.. our big brother is purely audience vote only based on the 2 people with the most nominations each week.

In yours they can win ammunity and stuff yes? That's what POV is?

This year i have watched about 2 hours of our big brother - I missed the opening night and the first few episodes after that and just ddnt know who anyone was! So just didn't connect at the satrt.. i ahve to say Ive read a lot more books that way!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/