Author Topic: Calling all knitters! I need help!  (Read 2228 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Calling all knitters! I need help!
« on: October 21, 2007, 10:54:20 am »
My daughter came home with a hat she had borrowed from a friend. She loved the hat and wanted me to make the same one for her. I used to knit (alot) but I am a little bit rusty and don't feel up to recreating the pattern on my own. I am wondering if anyone happens to have this pattern or could help me design it? I am mostly concerned about the crown and how to do the decreases so that they come out evenly. Thanks in advance!

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Calling all knitters! I need help!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 12:30:56 pm »
Thanks, Susie!

The rectangle I have figured out. It is the decreasing on the top I am not sure I have completely figured out yet, but you have a good starting point.

Merci...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Ellemeno

Re: Calling all knitters! I need help!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 04:36:39 pm »
This is a completely unsophisticated response - but when I crochet hats for myself or others in my immediate vicinity, I simply keep plopping the thing on my head or theirs as I'm decreasing, to see if I'm following the shape of my head well.  It works.  But I ain't never done no sophisticated cabling like that.  It IS a beautiful hat.