Author Topic: The First Tent scene in Slow motion  (Read 6649 times)

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: The First Tent scene in Slow motion
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2006, 02:02:43 pm »

Hmmm. Looks like I should finally get the thing out of the dvd-drive of my computer (no slow motion there!) and watch it properly on the television...  ;D

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Re: The First Tent scene on fullscreen!
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2006, 02:37:59 pm »
David: Jack is looking mostly at Ennis's MOUTH,. I discovered last night in the theater, and you don't mention how the fullscreen shows Jack grabbing Ennis';s wrist during the simulated sex, and then at the end, before his head collapses on the canvas, grabs the same hand with his left hand which he has brought across his body.

And I don't even HAVE slo-mo...but I do have "stop" "pause," or what have you.

Maybe you don't haver fullscreen, because evryone says wide screen is SO much better...Hee!
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2006, 06:01:04 pm »
Oh, and I love the fact that Ennis, though reticent, is not moving away from Jack. As a matter of fact, you can see his head moving closer towards Jack's. It's very subtle, but you can see it in slow motion. That's just about when Ennis says 'what're'y'doing'.. I think.

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2006, 10:31:04 pm »
I checked it out in slow-mo today!  Definitely  :o!
It is way more intimate when watched this way coz its hard to miss any of the little touches, looks between the lads, sadly no audio, but its still good!

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I'm also on FaceBook under Rayn Roberts
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2006, 11:07:13 am »
This has got to be one of the funniest threads.... David you made me laugh and I didn't even watch it in Slow-Mo;  probably won't, but I'm glad you and everyone else are gettin' off on it! 

You crack me up....

Oh, there is so much need and room for laughter in life.  I have cried a lot over BBM, but not since the camp scene when Jack pretends he's riding a bull in the rodeo, falls down and Ennis says, "I think my Dad was right!" have I laughed like this...   :laugh:

Thank you!
Rayn
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 04:31:41 am by Rayn »

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2006, 11:57:40 pm »
This reminds me of that old thread here about the hand holding.  I think I'm going to go bump it.  I almost never bump things on BetterMost.  The hands really are a detail I never noticed in the theatre... only on DVD.  I want to hear more about the benefits of widescreen vs. full-screen.  I have the widescreen.  Is it worth buying the other version?
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2006, 09:50:13 pm »
Bumping for the newbies that may not have watched TS1 in Slow motion!    ;)

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2006, 03:59:22 am »
I do not have slow motion, but the fullscreen is definitely worth it. I haven't even OPENED my widescreen yet! Gotta watch the slo-mo on Sid's I guess. Er..what's funny about 2 guys making love?

I have disagreements with you slo-mo people. Jack is looking calmly into Ennis's doubtful and frightened eyes as if to say "You know why I am here. Why are you here?" When the head-grabbing becomes mutual, and Ennis is no longer fighting Jack off, Jack is looking at Ennis's mouth, which he's like to get at, and Ennis is making sure he doesn't. When Ennis turns Jack around, Jack says "Ennis,"  both questioningly and excited...you really do need the sound.

Yeah, wish I had slo-mo. I can only watch it on my Toshiba laptop; the big Sony in the livingroom shows...mud...

And just like Melineda and ellemeno say, Jack does say, distinctly and quiettly, toward the end of the sex: fuck...me.  "Why would he say that then," I asked Bob. "People say all sorts of things when they're making love," says Bob. he's so smart...
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline laurel

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Heath, we'll never forget you.
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2006, 10:35:52 pm »
I'm new to Bettermost, so I'm just wandering around seeing what's here.  Figures I'd find my way very quickly to a thread about the first tent scene!  *grin*

I was interested in the discussion about wide screen vs. full screen.  I have wide screen, and it never occured to me that there would be much of a difference between them.  But I'm going out tomorrow to buy the full screen!

I've watched the first tent scene (okay, and also the second tent scene, and the reunion kiss, and.......) frame by frame, but not in slow motion.  I'm going to try slo-mo right away.

Thanks for the advice!

What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger.   -Annie Proulx (Icon by alighttofollow)

Offline saucycobblers

• Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2006, 01:42:56 pm »
Nice one, David!

I've watched both TS's and the reunion in 1/8th slow-mo and my favourite absolutely has to be the reunion. The expressions on their faces when they embrace had me in tears, and as for the nuzzle... OMG!!! JG has to have one of the most expressive faces in actordom - those eyes just say everything.

Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!