Author Topic: Question on a picture  (Read 3372 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Question on a picture
« on: May 13, 2006, 09:02:25 am »
Where is this picture from? Is it a promotional shot? Behind the scenes? Is it in the movie and I didn't notice it so far? Or maybe from a deleted scene?

I guess if it's directly from the movie it could belong to Water Walking Jesus/Pentecost/Ain't yet had the opportunity scene.

Someone to enlighten me? I absolutely love this picture.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
Re: Question on a picture
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 01:10:23 pm »
It is from the "my dad think's all rodeo cowboys is f***ups scene but I don't recall if that exact shot is in the movie.

O0

Heathen

TJ

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 03:22:56 pm »
Where is this picture from? Is it a promotional shot? Behind the scenes? Is it in the movie and I didn't notice it so far? Or maybe from a deleted scene?

I guess if it's directly from the movie it could belong to Water Walking Jesus/Pentecost/Ain't yet had the opportunity scene.

Someone to enlighten me? I absolutely love this picture.

It has to do with the scene where Jack is pretending to be riding in a rodeo. It is not even in the same place where the "Water-Walking Jesus" and Pentecost thing comes up in the movie; it is quite a while before that.

Here are a few screen captures which show where that is.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 05:32:49 pm »
It is from the "my dad think's all rodeo cowboys is f***ups scene

It has to do with the scene where Jack is pretending to be riding in a rodeo.

Thanks for your replies.
In the "rodeo-fu**-ups" scene you both mentioned and in the pics JT has posted (thanks for that) he wears the lighter of his both shirts. The shirt which becomes later the shirt he finds in Jack's room together with Jack's shirt.

But in the pic I posted, he wears the other shirt; his only other shirt during their summer on Brokeback. The "darker" one, with more brown/tan instead of beige in it.

I just checked the screencaps, too (should have done that before I opened the topic and asked you, sorry). And in the scene I mentioned (Water Walking Jesus/Ain't yet had the oppurtunitiy), right before first tent scene, he wears the darker, more brown/tan shirt.

This pic is the "ain't no oppurtunity-look" (notice the shirt):

So, I assume the pic is part of this scene or an outtake/deleted shot from it. Or it's promotional/behind the scenes.

Anyway, it's a lovely picture and it's not that important, I was just curious.

So I apologize for bothering you with my question instead of seeing through the screencaps at myself before posting.

Edit: Sorry, the pic doesn't show up. I do an attachment:

« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 05:39:53 pm by Penthesilea »

TJ

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 05:47:53 pm »
Penthesilea, the pic you attached has to do with the movie's dialog about marching off to hell, which was later than the rodeo discussion scene.

Why the screenplay writers decided to have Jack Twist completely ignorant about the event called "Pentecost" makes no sense at all to me, a real Pentecostal.