Author Topic: Congratulations on "ABCs of BBM" =milestones=  (Read 49721 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Congratulations on "ABCs of BBM" =milestones=
« on: May 13, 2006, 09:52:27 am »
Congratulations to all of the Players and the moderator team of Will-ABC, Fran-E, Ann Marie and Memento as the ABCs game passed 10,000 views this morning.  (I admit I actually was viewer #10,000 when I went to check on the thread this morning to see if it had made 10,000 yet.)  Good work to all!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 01:39:24 pm by Fran »
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Mary Twist

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: Congratulations!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 07:00:40 pm »
Oh, my!  You know, at first I thought there was a mis-print and was meant 1,000.  Oh, my goodness..... 10,000 looks.  I must say that this smart game is a wonderful tribute to the true Brokeback Mountain story and my beloved son Jack and my son-in-law Ennis del Mar.  I must express my appreciation to all of those stated who make this possible here at the forum.  God bless all of you.

I'm sorry, but I don't have a Q as a good word.  What I do have is some hot coffee with cream and sugar and some homemade sweet cherry cake.

Sincerely,
Mrs. Mary S. Twist
You come back and see us soon.  We'll have fresh hot coffee and homemade cherry cake!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 07:06:47 pm »
May I add my "Yeeehhaaaaaaaaawww" to Phillip's sentiment on this!  ;D
Good job Will-ABC, Fran, AnnMarie, and Memento!  ;)

Offline Toast

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 12:02:55 am »
Hurray for the ABCs
Kongratz to all of us

And God Bless us every one

But we are stuck, at U
I just posted about the ten-gallon hats
and I can never post the W or X that I have on file if we sit around congratulating each other.

Come on.

If we can't fix it, we have to stand it - for a while.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 02:32:22 am »
Beautiful pic, Toast.

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006, 08:48:43 am »
I just want to add that if it weren't for our founder and mayor, none of us would be here.

This game has given us all joy, frustration, and addiction as evidenced by one of our players pictured below.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 05:13:30 pm by Memento »

Offline amh

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • C'mere, baby.
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 04:30:48 pm »
Congrats to all the playerz, modz and of course Mayor Will, who without there wouldn't be one ABC view, let alone 10,000!   What a testament to a wonderful movie and game. 
:-* This ain't no rodeo, cowboy.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2006, 04:46:31 pm »

And to you, AnnMarie, who got the game started here at BetterMost!

Will-U

Congratz "ABCs" for 10,000 posts!!!
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2006, 01:18:53 am »
CONGRATULATIONS to the game -- the "ABCs of Brokeback Mountain" -- that I 'courageously' created at the IMDB's real wild West at BBM!  After the "ABCs" broke records -- and more -- there, I ultimately brought the popular game here to the BetterMost Forum, as greatly facilitated by Administrator Phillip and convincingly by co-Moderator Ann Marie and greatly aided in the "ABCs" kick-off by Fran-E.  Becuse the game is so popular and busy, almost all of the time, I added Memento last month as a needed additional moderator.  :)       

As is well-known, the comprehensive "rulez" and "guidelinez" of the "ABCs" is the rudder and the key reason that the ship is not only still afloat but sailing full steam ahead.  I humorously recall when one of the posters -- ironically, she's still around -- thought the game was "too rigid".  Ha! Ha! Hmm!  With well over 10,000 views and counting, it's hard to argue with success -- big time!!  :laugh:

Thanx to ALL of the "ABCs" Players -- even those few who are sometimes a payne in the brayne.  The people here have proven over and over again that the "ABCs" is much more than just a game!  From my part, I am happy to bring so much discussion, fun, information and friendship to so many people.  It emulates the real spirit of Ennis & Jack's BBM;D

And, Phillip D., U did a nice and effective gesture with the terrific banner of congratulations and appreciation for the "ABCs".  ;)

Gamely,
Will-ABC
"ABCs" Creator   

« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 03:20:46 am by Will-ABC »

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Congratulations on ABCs 10,000 views!
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 10:16:25 am »
Congratulations to all my fellow players and a humble thank-you to the moderators and mayor for creating and shepherding this game, keeping to the narrow and rocky, but rewarding path! And to Will-ABC, thank you for your absolute brokebacking character, courage, and creativity! Just like the movie, you've stayed dedicated to your vision. Though it can be brain boggling and maddening at times, ABCs is the foremost and bettermost game that can be found anywhere on a message board, hands-down!

Front-Ranger (Lee)

p.s. Oh by the way, Toast, you collect Ws and Xs? Good to know--I collect Zs.
"chewing gum and duct tape"