Author Topic: Introducing you to 'Reesenhaal'  (Read 16905 times)

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Introducing you to 'Reesenhaal'
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 07:22:48 pm »
I was hoping he'd be chasin someone fresher instead of Ryan Phillipe's leftovers.  The world's most eligible bachelor (per INTERVIEW MAGAZINE) dating Reese Witherspoon???  I guess the list of datable A-list actresses is rather slim.  Hope it's good move for Jake's career. ;)

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 07:49:00 pm »
I was hoping he'd be chasin someone fresher instead of Ryan Phillipe's leftovers.  The world's most eligible bachelor (per INTERVIEW MAGAZINE) dating Reese Witherspoon???  I guess the list of datable A-list actresses is rather slim.  Hope it's good move for Jake's career. ;)

Whoa.

He's
been in intimate relationships before, right?  So he's someone else's "leftovers" as well.

Or do we not describe men that way -- only women?    ???

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2007, 07:57:58 pm »
Whoa.

He's
been in intimate relationships before, right?  So he's someone else's "leftovers" as well.

Or do we not describe men that way -- only women?    ???

Thank you, Laura.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2007, 08:00:33 pm »
What Laura said..
And what Leslie said too - "A woman with kids is not a curse..." 
Come on, people!

All the best to them two!

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2007, 09:48:45 pm »
I'd rather see him with Natalie Portman.

Me, too.  But alas, despite his attempts at courting Ms. Portman, she apparently did not respond.

I don't have much problem with Reese.  IMO she's just really white-bread boring and probably on the rebound.

As for a woman with children, there is a critique.

I think Jake needs someone whose focus is on him for once.  His love life has been rocky to non-existent, filled with alcohol-addled party starlets or dates that went nowhere.  It would be nice to see Jake with someone who really appreciates him and puts his needs and wants first as he will put hers.  As a mother, Reese's children will - rightfully - always come first in her life and any man second.

This is always a problem when dating people with children.  You will never be first in their lives.

Jake is still young enough that he can find a woman without the additional baggage of someone else's children.  Finding love is hard enough without the add-on stresses of instant families and ex-husband/fathers.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2007, 09:55:48 pm »
And, Jeff, please..."a woman with kids" is not a curse. That really was a little insensitive.

To whom? Excuse me for livin', but I don't think he needs to take on someone else's kids. Reese Witherspoon and her kids are not my concern here.

You think Del is "insensitive," too? Frankly, I wouldn't want a boyfriend with kids for myself, for pretty much the issues Del discusses in the case of a heterosexual couple. I would just amend it to, "We would never be first in each other's lives."

At least I didn't call Reese "Ryan Phillipe's leftovers," like she was day-old fish, or something.

I just said she reminds me of Nell Fenwick.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2007, 10:02:54 pm »
      Aww from what I have heard she had a filandering husband..She left him for messing around on her...I dont
think that should make her someones leftovers...  Lord knows they have sufficient amount of money to care for
two children.  That, has customarily been the reason for not wanting to raise someone elses kids...I dont know it
they are together or not,, but i think it is unfair to put her down because her husband was a jerk..
      I think she is to be commended for going slow here, and I commend him also for not admitting any ealrelationship until her divorce is clear.  She seems to be a very solid and stabile woman.  With most of the young
women around Goofyhood these days.  The bed hoppers and drug users, and drunken drivers.  She seems a treasure.  They don't come with children, but their baggage is much heavier..!!
...So lets let them make their own decisions..
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 11:13:53 pm by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2007, 12:38:22 am »
With all due respect to everyone...
None of us can speak for Jake.
None of us are part of his relationship.
What you consider "baggage" or "leftovers" may not be his take on the situation.  Simple as that.
He is an intelligent young man with enough brains to decide for himself.

That's my last say on the matter.  8)

~L

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2007, 02:15:29 am »
Put me in the offended category too, and add "white bread" to the list of offensive terms.  I'm seeing misogyny and even some racism here.

Those of you who find the blanket idea of other people's kids being unappealing are really missing out on one of the blisses of life.  Why not love the beloved's kids?  I completely respect you knowing it's not for you, but judging it repugnant for someone else is sad.

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2007, 03:41:56 am »
Just remember folks no matter who Jake ends up with, it's not important that we see what he sees in her, it is only important that HE sees it.

Life is not a dress rehearsal